Ak Sooooted Turn Play

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopUTG+1 ($4.65)Hero (MP1) ($25)MP2 ($34.45)CO ($26.40)Button ($25.60)SB ($49.10)BB ($29.10)UTG ($5)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Kclub.gif, Aclub.gif2 folds, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 3 foldsFlop: ($2.35) Aheart.gif, 8club.gif, 7club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50Turn: ($5.35) Jspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3.75, CO raises to $10.25.. HERO ??

you could bet a little bigger on flop but if that is your normal cbet then its fine i guess i would go a slight over normal to make turn bet bigger and at 25 NLHE im going for the whole stack on river, if he turned 2 pair or rivers yah for like 2 pair, or is sloowplaying a set, is just too bad but i want it in, too deep to push turn so leverage turn bet so you can push any river. I like barrel because we dont wanna miss the check raise if he takes the free card. you would need a good reliable read that if you check he is firing for the pot on turn for me to like it

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopUTG+1 ($4.65)Hero (MP1) ($25)MP2 ($34.45)CO ($26.40)Button ($25.60)SB ($49.10)BB ($29.10)UTG ($5)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Kclub.gif, Aclub.gif2 folds, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 3 foldsFlop: ($2.35) Aheart.gif, 8club.gif, 7club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50Turn: ($5.35) Jspade.gif Ok so what's my next move ?? Do i c/r and call shove or lead ?? Villain in the hand is pretty aggro, yet not a complete donk.
Bet $3.50 to $4.00. He's followed our lead and there's no reason to think he won't continue to do so, and we're miles ahead a TON here, with outs to the nuts vs. a possible FD.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopUTG+1 ($4.65)Hero (MP1) ($25)MP2 ($34.45)CO ($26.40)Button ($25.60)SB ($49.10)BB ($29.10)UTG ($5)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Kclub.gif, Aclub.gif2 folds, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 3 foldsFlop: ($2.35) Aheart.gif, 8club.gif, 7club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50Turn: ($5.35) Jspade.gif Ok so what's my next move ?? Do i c/r and call shove or lead ?? Villain in the hand is pretty aggro, yet not a complete donk.
Yeah, i keep bettin. Sure the J brought a 9 10 straight, but he could easily have a hand like A5. A check, and you could lose value here imo, as he could c/c.Your hands way too strong to just check this. At 25NL PLO ppl are calling stations. I assume in NLHoldem its pretty much the same.Bet with your strong hands. Dont try anything too fancy unless you know your opponent very well.Bet anything between $3-$4, and call a raise unless he shoves.(that right? a shove is the nuts 100%?)

I bet like 2.15 or so on the flop. No Ace is folding and there are tons of draws that will come along.To the turn, if you are confident in your read that he is an aggro, I think I like a big c/r here. Its really hard for him to have a hand that would take a free card here, as our cards block almost all flush draws, except maybe like QJcc or QTcc which just picked up combo draws so they would likely bet the turn when checked to. I think a big c/r for value would almost certainly work here.

Yeah, i keep bettin. Sure the J brought a 9 10 straight, but he could easily have a hand like A5. A check, and you could lose value here imo, as he could c/c.Your hands way too strong to just check this. At 25NL PLO ppl are calling stations. I assume in NLHoldem its pretty much the same.Bet with your strong hands. Dont try anything too fancy unless you know your opponent very well.Bet anything between $3-$4, and call a raise unless he shoves.(that right? a shove is the nuts 100%?)
Whoa horsey, two TOTALLY different games. Not to say you won't see station play in NL....but 25 PLO a different beast altogether. That said I wholly agree with betting just about pot here and that checking loses value.

i call with this hand in 25 nlhe if someone shoves, at worst we have a ton of outs that are still live

I think a bet-3bet is much more in order than a c-r call shove. 1/2 to 3/4 pot sounds correct.
Any particular reason why? I really would love to get a lot of money in on this board, and I think if we try to b/3b we're just going to get flatted a lot. Not many villains pick up the aggression when they turn a combo draw (as opposed to flopping it). I think when we bet, the only hands that raise us are sets/AJ/other weird two pairs/T9, which means when we get it in this way we are almost certainly behind (but still have good equity I'm aware). But if we go for the c/r, we are going to get a bet out of basically villains entire range, unless he is super-passive. The c/r will be for value, and the only hands that will actually fold to the c/r are the ones we likely weren't getting more action out of if we led the turn. This method lets us get it in ahead as well, unlike the previous method.
Any particular reason why? I really would love to get a lot of money in on this board, and I think if we try to b/3b we're just going to get flatted a lot. Not many villains pick up the aggression when they turn a combo draw (as opposed to flopping it). I think when we bet, the only hands that raise us are sets/AJ/other weird two pairs/T9, which means when we get it in this way we are almost certainly behind (but still have good equity I'm aware). But if we go for the c/r, we are going to get a bet out of basically villains entire range, unless he is super-passive. The c/r will be for value, and the only hands that will actually fold to the c/r are the ones we likely weren't getting more action out of if we led the turn. This method lets us get it in ahead as well, unlike the previous method.
i just think at $25 plenty of simply dominated aces go broke here, and if we are behind we have at least 25% equity to hit our flush or 2pair. At this level, and lower, we are good here so much of the time im hoping we run into a station here and stack them off. I know he may be aggro but he may also call too light too
There aren't many dominated Aces left. The turn hit a caller's range fairly strong...if he called the flop, he is very very likely betting this turn when checked to.
yah bit even if nightmare happened and he either hit a set or a 2 pair we have a good deal of outs

I'd probably c/c, c/c. Getting raised on this board sucks so bad and your hand has showdown value. Obv you can c/r or w/e on river if you hit a club. C/R turn is way overplaying our hand, it's not like he's ever going to fold something better than AK to a c/r so if we're already ahead of what he'll bet and we aren't folding anything we are behind, then c/r doesn't make any sense.

I'd probably c/c, c/c. Getting raised on this board sucks so bad and your hand has showdown value. Obv you can c/r or w/e on river if you hit a club. C/R turn is way overplaying our hand, it's not like he's ever going to fold something better than AK to a c/r so if we're already ahead of what he'll bet and we aren't folding anything we are behind, then c/r doesn't make any sense.
I agree we're not folding anything we are behind, but won't a c/r extract max value from hands we are ahead? My reasoning was that he will bet his entire range on this turn and very few hands will fold to the c/r - and the ones that do might not have called a turn barrel anyway (QQ/KK) - even 99/TT might get stubborn and call the c/r for their gutshot plus two outer to the set. I also think a very big portion of villain's range is going to be combo draws of some kind. Pair + SD, Pair + FD, gutshot + FD kind of things.
Ok so i bet 3.75 on the turn and got raised to 10.25, now what ? Call for a K or Club ? Shove ? Fold ?
meh i think you are priced in to shove i guess but i wouldn't be suprised we are up against a set. I was really hoping for a flat. That raise against us just sucks but between our outs and the chance of a combo draw semibluff into us i think we shove. I could be wrong thou

When you go for the C-R you are turning your hand into a bluff... given it is a very strong semi-bluff but I don't think you're going to be facing huge hands in this spot often enough. We may get value from a few hands that would fold this turn to a bet, but you really screw yourself on any one pair hand that checks behind.When we bet we are obviously doing it for value, which is why I don't think anything over 3/4 the pot really accomplishes anything, and I most likely would have lead for half, though the OPs bet size certainly is reasonable. When we bet we want a call, but when raised we basically have to three bet, for the reasons I explained above.Either way Tskillz may be correct here that a c-c is in order, but I'd be too afraid to c-c, hit my draw, and try to get value out of it without turning my hand face up.Also, this board shouldn't be horrifically scary. The only additional hands we have to fear besides sets (that we do on every board ever) are T9 and AJ