Least Favorite Sports Show Personality

Matt Damon on the Dan Patrick Show:Damon: I liked Belichik's decision to go for it on 4th down.Patrick: No, it was a bad decision.Damon: Did you read the article by so-and so? It was the statistically correct move.Patrick: Don't go all Good Will Hunting on me! Nyuk nyuk nyukDamon: You don't care about facts?Patrick: It doesn't factor in that Peyton Manning is getting the ball.Me: ...

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's absolute insanity to questions collinsworth's greatness. he and al michaels are the GOAT announcing team.

Whitlock did a hit piece on Bomani today. Prior to this, I thought he and Bomani were boys. Bomani goes out of his way to defend Whitlock, and he's basically the only one on #BlackTwitter who capes fo

Joe Buck acts like he is God's gift to announcing. Also because he always hates on Minnesota sports....actually...that is mostly the reason.Moss mooning incident against GB is the most clear memory I

Thom Brennaman, who I like as a baseball announcer, get him out of booth for football games."This is the first time Aaron Rodgers will be in the playoffs." He's been in the league five years, and they were in playoffs two years ago! Plus if you heard his bizarre questioning of end of half clock management, you would want him away from a mic for good.Why does he have to call the Cincy/Florida game too?

Phil Simms just said the Eagles won the toss and deferred so they can take 14 pts off the board for the Broncos, so they won't score a TD at the end of the half and the beginning of the 2nd half.
God I heard this too and was trying to comprehend what he meant.
Thom Brennaman, who I like as a baseball announcer, get him out of booth for football games.! Plus if you heard his bizarre questioning of end of half clock management, you would want him away from a mic for good.
OMG that had me on such tilt. Billick was shitting all over himself too, till he realized the down.

Don Banks from SI apparently wrote off the Broncos when it was a 27-10 lead by the Eagles. Game's tied right now. EDIT: He got away with it, thanks to David Akers."That leaves the Eagles, which beat Denver on Sunday for their sixth win in a row, improving to 11-4. But if the Cowboys win at Washington Sunday night, Philly would still have to win at Dallas next week in order to clinch the NFC East and launch a serious playoff run from one of the conference's top three seeds. I suppose the Eagles are the hottest team we've got in the NFC, and almost by default they're the conference's chic playoff pick."

• 1 month later...

These guys should have been included in my opening post for this topic:The NBC Hockey (also Olympic) crew. Doc Emerick, Ed Olcyk, that pussy Pierre Mcguire. I like Roenick, mainly because it always looks as if he wants to knock that "Don Cherry wannabe" Mike Milburys teeth down his throat.

I really liked the curling announcers. No nonsense, not afraid to criticize teams when they took bad shots ( from both a planning and execution standpoint). The sport doesn't have the culture of decades of cliches, so the coverage was really liberated by it. I wish they could do this with football.

• 2 weeks later...

hate: x players who are annalists or color commentators, tim mccarver, chris berman, that sportscenter anchor who calls himself "the coach" every time he hosts a show, its unwatchable when he is on. colin cowheard is meh, mike and mike are horrible, bob ryan, most of the around the horn cast.like: scott van pelt and his friend/co host ryen, PTI guys mike and tony (they are awesome), dan lebatard, dan buchagross, steve levy, dan patrick, that funny guy who makes fun of sportscenters stupid voices, i think his name is ryan florez or something, kenny mayne. linda cohen, chris mckendry.

hate: x players who are annalists or color commentators, tim mccarver, chris berman, that sportscenter anchor who calls himself "the coach" every time he hosts a show, its unwatchable when he is on. colin cowheard is meh, mike and mike are horrible, bob ryan, most of the around the horn cast.like: scott van pelt and his friend/co host ryen, PTI guys mike and tony (they are awesome), dan lebatard, dan buchagross, steve levy, dan patrick, that funny guy who makes fun of sportscenters stupid voices, i think his name is ryan florez or something, kenny mayne. linda cohen, chris mckendry.
This douche's name is Jonathan Coachman, he used to do be a WWE announcer, he is annoying. I used to like Buccigross, but it seems lately that he is trying waaay to hard to be funny.

Buccigross is awesome. He's been him the entire time and I LOVE watching SC whenever he's on. SVP, Lebatard, Kornheiser, Wilbon are all great.But the show I love most is Around the Horn. Seriously, seeing Paige, Mariotti, Adande, Cowlishaw, and more go at it along with Reali.. it's the best talk show on ESPN to me.

Buccigross is awesome. He's been him the entire time and I LOVE watching SC whenever he's on. SVP, Lebatard, Kornheiser, Wilbon are all great.But the show I love most is Around the Horn. Seriously, seeing Paige, Mariotti, Adande, Cowlishaw, and more go at it along with Reali.. it's the best talk show on ESPN to me.
I said this before earlier, but I liked it so much more when Max Kellerman was the host and would just abuse Jay Marrioti and Paige. I like reali, but Kellerman is more combative, and is openly hostile to "write-tards"
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate the Versus announcers from Doc Emerick's whiny voice to that tool Pierre McGuire. These guys don't compare in suckitude to the clowns that did game 1 & 2 of the Sharks v Wings series. I mean what is a "sassy" goal or a "mastadontic" save? At one point Holmstrom scores, and one of the announcers says, "oh, that goal had Holmstroms DNA all over it." There are more phrases they said but I can't recall them.I mean come bring back Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

I mean what is a "sassy" goal or a "mastadontic" save? At one point Holmstrom scores, and one of the announcers says, "oh, that goal had Holmstroms DNA all over it." There are more phrases they said but I can't recall them.
There's a big save, there's a huge save, and then there's the mastodontic save. Saying a goal has someone's DNA all over it means it's the type of goal that this particular player usually scores. I like the above calls; they're very descriptive.
There's a big save, there's a huge save, and then there's the mastodontic save. Saying a goal has someone's DNA all over it means it's the type of goal that this particular player usually scores. I like the above calls; they're very descriptive.
I know what they were trying to say. I just mean they are trying a little to hard to be cute. Also my all time favorite announcer Ernie Harwell passed away today, after a battle with inoperable cancer. Great broadcaster and a great man.
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know where I should put this, actually... maybe in random entertainment observations, the music thread or the baseball thread, but I settled on this thread...I was momentarily watching the Detroit/Yankees game while making some perogis, and Rick Suttcliffe and some other faceless, souless baseball play by play guy that's like every other play by play guy were calling the game. All of a sudden, in the booth, were Jay Z and Emenem, promoting an upcoming home and home duet concert that they were doing later in the season, at detroit and NYC after a tigers and yankee's game ( I think). Anyway, it was so surreal to listen to Rick Suttcliffe ( who has just like no idea who these guys are, I'm sure) and this play by play guy ( who are, pretty much by definition, the whitest, squarest possible humans on the planet) talk to Jay Z and Em, and asking them question that they were obviously being fed. It was one of the strangest things I've seen.

So, I'm changing the theme of this thread officially to " random sports commentator observations" there I did it. So Bill Simmions has this idea of making a twitter account called "celtics chants" where he tweets out different chants in the game, in real time, for the crowd to do, and they will do them. His idea is to change the game when it comes to chants, using technology or w/e. But it's also a big power play/ego boost, to see if he really has the juice to pull it off. I hope someone hacks the account, and has they chant to Lebron "You're a N***r CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP" and BS gets fired.

His idea is to change the game when it comes to chants, using technology or w/e. But it's also a big power play/ego boost, to see if he really has the juice to pull it off. I hope someone hacks the account, and has they chant to Lebron "You're a Nigger CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP" and BS gets fired.
Haha. How does Duke choreograph all their stuff?
Haha. How does Duke choreograph all their stuff?
I'm sure it starts in the student section, probably a fraternity or a couple of them get the chant started, and people follow.
I'm sure it starts in the student section, probably a fraternity or a couple of them get the chant started, and people follow.
I did some googling."A group of about 30 students form the line-monitor committee, which, in addition to regulating K-ville and the admission of the 1,200 or so students into Cameron, creates a "cheer sheet" for the students that adds an element of choreography."
I did some googling."A group of about 30 students form the line-monitor committee, which, in addition to regulating K-ville and the admission of the 1,200 or so students into Cameron, creates a "cheer sheet" for the students that adds an element of choreography."
I have seen this a few times. When I was in college, the other team (Princeton) had a Walton brother on it so we spent the game chanting at him "Luke is better". A few overeager band members would pass out cheer sheets with stuff like that sometimes. It's a thriving practice at Duke obviously.
I have seen this a few times. When I was in college, the other team (Princeton) had a Walton brother on it so we spent the game chanting at him "Luke is better". A few overeager band members would pass out cheer sheets with stuff like that sometimes. It's a thriving practice at Duke obviously.
Ivy league brag post imo