Least Favorite Sports Show Personality

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's absolute insanity to questions collinsworth's greatness. he and al michaels are the GOAT announcing team.

Whitlock did a hit piece on Bomani today. Prior to this, I thought he and Bomani were boys. Bomani goes out of his way to defend Whitlock, and he's basically the only one on #BlackTwitter who capes fo

Joe Buck acts like he is God's gift to announcing. Also because he always hates on Minnesota sports....actually...that is mostly the reason.Moss mooning incident against GB is the most clear memory I

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys I hateCowherd: Just the worst. Brutally unfunny, extremely shticky. Breaks everything down into dumb clinches. He's better on a light weight show like sports nation, but that show is terrible, so it's a wash. Wish he'd just go away. Mike and Mike: They have been poisoned, I think, by ESPN radio execs, their show is just all wacka wacka jokes and lame radio hack teases. Basically their show is the protype of everything I hate about sport talk radio shows. IE A dumb jock that gives hacky sports analysis, and a hacky radio guy that fills time with garbage. Typical Football Analyst Guys ( TFAGS). These are the Schlariths, the Trent Dilfers, the Millens, the tom jacksons. THe type of guys that just fill their "analysis" not with actual interesting information, but with shit like "the player just didn't play with enough heart" "one team wanted it more" ETC. A good way to spot one of these guys is to see how many times they gratuitously say " Football " and "the national football league" . Note: though Jaws talks like one of these guys, I think he actually provides good analysis often ( along with some hacky stuff too). Almost every former player color guy in baseball that is hostile to advanced statistical analysis of the game. Personally, unless a color guy is legitimately funny or can tell old school honest stories, there's almost no need for them in baseball, because they almost never tell you something interesting or useful. Basically, their job is to fill time in the long, boring luls in baseball, and most of them are terrible at it. I'd rather listen to a guy like Vin Scully just call a game alone with no color. Almost everyone on around the horn: that show started sucking **** the morment max kellerman left. Kellerman had such open contempt for sports writers, that he would abuse and shame them, and Reali just doesn't have the same barbs that Kellerman did.Since this is all about guys we hate, I'll give some guys I love.Chris Collingsworth . So glad they replaced madden with him. He's one of the very, very few color guys I actually like, that actually gives you useful info and breaks stuff down and explains things in non cliches.Both PTI guys. I love wilbon and tony both. I think they have great chemistry together, and I'm so happy TK's radio show is back on the air ( I dl it on itunes) . It's not a real sports heavy show, which I like. And I think TK is one of the few legitimately funny guys in sports.Dave Dameshek - the former sports guy on the Adam Carolla show, had his own show in los angeles, and now is relegated to podcasts. He's another legit funny guy ( worked as a comedy writer on several shows in hollywood, including Kimmel's show, the man show and others). And he's got a great, weird voice which goes a long way. ESPN has neutered him in alot of ways, but I still like him. I think he and Bill simmons should leave ESPN and get a radio show together somewhere.Dan Lebatard. He actually might be my favorite sports media guy. HE's such a contrarian. He's one of the few guys that calls people out on all the garbage sports analysis that people do, all the cliches people cling to, that don't mean anything. His radio show is almosts an anti-sports show, a deconstruction of a sports show. The funniest thing I listen to every day, without a doubt. This show should be national, if I thought america was smart enough to get it ( and had enough of a sense of humor about their sports ( people take sports SERIOUSLY, and I don't know how it would do)).Skip Bayless. I used to hate him, when he was a chicago tribune writer, when he first showed up on like Jim Rome's show guest hosting, and on ESPN. But now I rhnk he's just funny and a clown. He takes these absurd positions, and argues them absolutely, and sends everyone on tilt. I think he's 100 percent calculated, and I love it. He's like a heel in WWE or something. He has more personality than almost anyone else on ESPNMax Kellerman. God I miss him. He was another one who called the media out for being stupid, cliched and sheepish. I loved him on around the horn ( when he was the first one to dare speak what I believed, that Favre was overrated), I loved I, Max, and I loved his NYC radio show. BUt now he has none of these, and is just a boxing guy, and it makes me sad, because he's 10 times the brains and talent of a guy like cowherd. If I had my druthers, I'd start a national radio network that syndicated Kellerman, Lebatard, Kornheiser, and a Dameshek/simmons show.

Interesting how these takes have evolved. I've come around on Reali and I really like the current generation of ATH panelists, for the most part. I couldn't love Pablo more, if I were related to him, Love Mina, love Sarah Spain, love Izzy, and Bomani is maybe the most talented guy ESPN has. Woody is the only one on ATH these days I think is lousy.

I have come back around on Skip and hate him again, thought I love Shannon Sharpe. I don't watch that show really, but I'll see clips of it on Twitter and Shannon Sharpe KILLS me. And I've been a fan of Joy Taylor since her miami radio days.

Strange reading my predictions about Lebatard and how I didn't think it would work nationally. I'm pleasantly surprised that it has. I think the younger generation shares my sports sensibilities, taking it less seriously and laughing more.

I still miss Max's radio show something fiercely, but he's great on First take, I think. I don't watch that show often, but it's perfect for his skill set. I would rather him be on something like radio though, where he can be funny and have to be less hot take centered.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, your incorrect opinion on horrible Chris Collinsworth has also "evolved".

• 3 months later...

I've always hated Cowherd, I think he's pretty clearly the worst major take artist at this point. His takes aren't hot enough that he's wacky, but they are still really dumb and abrasive. Then on top of that, he has a grating voice and a grating personality. At least Will Cain leans into just being a heel, Cowherd doesn't even know that he's a terrible person.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I've marked for Wilbon a long time since he's a Northwestern guy, but it's more his humorless feud with Stugotz that made me finally turn my back to him. His takes have been awful a long time now, but hating stugotz and having no sense of humor about yourself? That's a mortal sin.

Pablo used the term "Cross-faded" on lebatard, to describe his state during Dan's birthday, which has to be the first time cross faded has been spoken anywhere on ESPN. Love Pablo

Is that drunk and high?

• 2 weeks later...

In ATL growing up, instead of "cross-faded," we said "crunk" or "crunked up." But then Lil Jon blew it up nationally, and it wasn't taken care of. It changed meanings, which is fine, but it was the only word we had for that and it just went away.

pablo sucks at being on tv and radio. stick to writing.

I think the show works really well. I was worried about Pablo because he comes across as an unlikable geek to so many people, but I think they did a good job of diffusing that by have Bo bully him a little bit.