Least Favorite Sports Show Personality

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's absolute insanity to questions collinsworth's greatness. he and al michaels are the GOAT announcing team.

Whitlock did a hit piece on Bomani today. Prior to this, I thought he and Bomani were boys. Bomani goes out of his way to defend Whitlock, and he's basically the only one on #BlackTwitter who capes fo

Joe Buck acts like he is God's gift to announcing. Also because he always hates on Minnesota sports....actually...that is mostly the reason.Moss mooning incident against GB is the most clear memory I

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was out there that he'd already started planning a FS1 show. ESPN has been giving him minimal stuff to do since they cancelled Black Grantland. Whitlock lashing out at Greg Howard was amusing.

No one is as obsessed with sculpting the way the public perceives him as Whitlock. I can't wait for the Simmons-Whitlock podcast. I mean, did you read that link he posted, about the way he quit the KC star. Dude is has legit personality disorders. This should be great.

You think Simmons will torch the WWL? I don't think he can afford to piss them off. Whitlock will. But who's left for him? He's worked for ESPN twice, Fox, MSN?

I mean, he could have a career as the black guy on Fox News that says the things that white America is dying to but can't.

You think Simmons will torch the WWL? I don't think he can afford to piss them off. Whitlock will. But who's left for him? He's worked for ESPN twice, Fox, MSN?

I mean, he could have a career as the black guy on Fox News that says the things that white America is dying to but can't.

Simmons is already taking shots at EPSN via his podcast. He hasn't gone full Whitlock, but I'm sure he'd love to stir whitlock up. I don't' see why simmons can't afford to piss them off, he doesn't' work for them and doesn't plan to work for them again, from what he was saying.

I think you answered your own question, about Whitlock. Fox is the best fit for him. I couldn't believe ESPN hired him again, after the way he left last time. I imagine this bridge will stay burnt, but you never know. Either way, Whitlock is literally crazy, so he's going to have a tilt session airing of grievances, if it's good for his career or not.

i've been meaning to ask you, mcgee, how many hours a day are you listening to podcasts? you said you do lebatard and all of bomani and you listen to others clearly. do you not watch tv?

That's a good question. Some hours get skipped, tbh. I have podcasts on almost constantly, in headphones, at home, when I'm out and about. I'm honestly not paying close attention much of the time. I do watch tV, and somtimes I do both ( during sporting events) but I don't watch much TV at all, only a select few shows. Podcasts are by far my main form of audio-visual entertainment these days.

Read that writer's follow up to his Whitlock takedown piece and man, he doesn't like Whitlock, or ESPN. But it doesn't scream "ax to grind". It's just, a calling out of ESPN. I didn't disagree with too much of it.

Whitlock is reviled by most of Black Twitter, and much of Black media for his constant usage of respectability politics. Which made picking him as head of Blackland so strange. This writer in particular may very well have an axe to grind, as at one point Whitlock was going to hire him for Blackland, but it fell through because basically Whitlock is insane (according to Howard). Lemme find that article...

Yeah, I've read most of both of those. First one a while back and second one today

Based on the second one's info, it makes total sense why ESPN hired him. For that respectability politics thing. Hoping he can edit all the bluster down, maybe? Seems like a bad idea, but maybe ESPN is so big and assume people on the tit will play ball

My favorite part of the SAS rant is where he threatens to go back on the beat as a reporter just to dig up embarrassing stuff to talk about on his show. I feel like he is walking the line between petty and snitch.

• 3 weeks later...

Whitlock did a hit piece on Bomani today. Prior to this, I thought he and Bomani were boys. Bomani goes out of his way to defend Whitlock, and he's basically the only one on #BlackTwitter who capes for Whitlock, as otherwise he's almost universally reviled by #BlackTwitter as an Uncle Tom.

Well, apparently Bomani didn't have Whitlock's back enough, because he wrote this http://j.school/post/131695758830/ta-nehisis-cult-football-coverage

and on twitter stated to people both that they were not friends, and none of whitlocks real friends would have spoken to Deadspin on the hit pieces Deadspin did. Apparently Whitlock is pissed Bomani talked to deadspin at all. And, from that bizarre article, has an issue with Bomani being in the "Cult of Ta-Nehisi Coates", and needlessly referenced Coates in an article that has absolutely nothing to do with him.

Bomani, for his part, refused to respond to the article on twitter, which is both a high road that has to be hard for Bomani to take, given he's so naturally confrontational, and probably the really smart thing to do, as Whitlock is setting his career on fire with this vendetta and there's no reason to get in the mud with him.

• Like 2

black on black crime is always the saddest. i wonder if danny lebs will get into it and support his guy bomani. i do have to say though, i thought bomani and dan were both obviously saying kirk cousins starting over RG3 had racist elements and it annoyed me to no end.

Bomani has been very clever in his Cousins critiques. He never actually says that ( dan will overtly say that). Bomani will just criticize Cousins and then comment on the racism of the people who criticize him. It's a very round about way ( and maybe a little intellectually dishonest, but it traps a lot of rats so it's an effective technique for him to have clowning material on Twitter. )

Also, I think Whitlock is have a legitimate mental break down. His Explanation 2.0 posts and his rambling attack on Bomani, plus his twitter, is so paranoid and bizarre. Maybe he has an alcohol/drug addiction.. that would explain some of this shit, but I think it's more likely he's just ****ing nuts.

• Like 1

Also, I think Whitlock is have a legitimate mental break down. His Explanation 2.0 posts and his rambling attack on Bomani, plus his twitter, is so paranoid and bizarre. Maybe he has an alcohol/drug addiction.. that would explain some of this shit, but I think it's more likely he's just ****ing nuts.

Totally agree. And I don't think he realizes how irrelevant he actually is at this point.

Was really surprised to see Bo not say a word. It's smart, but he took shit for it. He calls everyone out for everything. But when Whitlock crushes him, he pipes down. ESPN cuttin dem checks had a hand in that, for sure.

Whitlock just needs to get on Fox News and be done with it