Least Favorite Sports Show Personality

I've come to the conclusion that nobody, especially analysts, say anything interesting anymore. The risk doesn't outweigh the reward. One exception is Jeff Van Gundy. He's good

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's absolute insanity to questions collinsworth's greatness. he and al michaels are the GOAT announcing team.

Whitlock did a hit piece on Bomani today. Prior to this, I thought he and Bomani were boys. Bomani goes out of his way to defend Whitlock, and he's basically the only one on #BlackTwitter who capes fo

Joe Buck acts like he is God's gift to announcing. Also because he always hates on Minnesota sports....actually...that is mostly the reason.Moss mooning incident against GB is the most clear memory I

I've come to the conclusion that nobody, especially analysts, say anything interesting anymore. The risk doesn't outweigh the reward. One exception is Jeff Van Gundy. He's good
Did you watch the college 3pt & dunk contest? Those announcers were absurd. One of them was saying that he could tell the one of the 3pt contestants was really competitive by the way he shot...And one of the dunkers should have got more playing time based on how he ran after one of his dunks bc he was fast.

Oh good lord. I'm telling you, listening to Lebatard has ruined me. I have always thought most analysis was bs, but it's at a new level. I rarely watch anything outside of a game or a highlight anymore. I was flipping channels the other day and saw Linda Cohn and some black dude doing a televised radio show, discussing the Ubaldo/Tulo thing and immediately "knew" it was Ubaldo's fault, that he was a clubhouse cancer and why he was traded. All just speculation. They don't know it Tulo tried to FCk his wife, called his mom a whore or nothing. Must that Tulo is the white, rich, beloved franchise guy and he must be in the right. It irritated me

Oh good lord. I'm telling you, listening to Lebatard has ruined me. I have always thought most analysis was bs, but it's at a new level.
But if I were to send an e-mail in, I would say something like:Dear Dan,Your show has ruined me for ESPN. I can't watch it anymore. I used to watch the "analysis" like a Shaun of the Dead zombie as ESPN threw wrenches and empty beer bottles at me and I just kept coming back for more, never really processing why these empty beer bottles were bouncing off my face. Now after listening to your show for over a year now, I see this analysis like a Dawn of the Dead zombie where ESPN is firing shotguns at me and it just angers me and I want to bite their faces off.I mean, I just heard Tim Legler say that the Utah Jazz could beat the Lakers in the playoffs if they have two other players besides Deron Williams playing well. Huh. Three guys playing well can beat the Lakers. Who knew?Thanks for nothing,Joey in Springfield
This Lebatard-Papi conversation about Castro is amazing.
You're welcome. I sent Papi a facebook message that said they needed to air it as an interview.
  • 1 year later...

I hate micheal smith. I hate crappy Ex-Jock analysts like Hugh Douglas. I hate that they ruined a decent concept for a show " numbers never lie" by taking out the stat geeks and hot women and making it into just another show where they yell at each other. And so, it filled me with great pleasure to read this story..

http://deadspin.com/espn-fight-hugh-douglas-called-colleague-michael-smith-1042188473

• 2 months later...

Utterly despicable. Reilly is such a goddamn hack. How did ESPN give him all that money?

He released a twitter statement:

"While I stand by the reporting in my Sept. 18 column about the Washington Redskins nickname controversy, and felt I accurately quoted my father-in-law in the piece, clearly he feels differently. This is an incredibly sensitive issue, and Bob felt he had more to say on the subject after that column was posted on ESPN.com. We've spoken and cleared this up. I admire Bob and respect his opinions, and he's welcome to express them. Bob and I are good and I'm looking forward to my next steak with him."

Let's for a second pretend that Reilly is telling the truth. He thought his FIL was saying that he didn't have a problem with the name, but it turns out that he actually finds it wildly offensive. OK, that's a pretty big difference, but whatever. Isn't the fact that he still refuses to edit or amend or do anything about his original column with the wildly inaccurate quotes still a hugely terrible thing to do? .

This still seems like something you get fired over.

Can you imagine how horribly he must have behaved for it to get to this point?

"Look, Rick, you're married to my daughter, and I am not a monster, so take a few days and, in your next column, maybe throw something up about how you misinterpreted what I said? Doesn't have to be a huge deal, but I can't have everyone thinking I'm a race traitor, you know?"

"No, I don't think I'll be doing that. Instead I am going to ejaculate on your daughter's face."

Like, how many conversations did they have? How many times did Reilly just say, "haha, fuck you old man. Talk to the press, I dare you OH WAIT I AM THE PRESS MOTHERFUCKER." He had to have been such a giant douche.

I was doing some research for something else and I ended up using a three year old article to help with my point. It occurred to me that there's going to be somebody a year from now looking for something to support his pro-Redskins argument and he's going to find Reilly's article and say, "See, this guy is a Native American and he finds the whole issue silly!"

Which is a terrible argument, but still.

Here's the original article: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9689220/redskins-name-change-not-easy-sounds

"The whole issue is so silly to me," says Bob Burns, my wife's father and a bundle holder in the Blackfeet tribe. "The name just doesn't bother me much. It's an issue that shouldn't be an issue, not with all the problems we've got in this country."

Even if Reilly still doesn't want to update it to reflect his true feelings, why doesn't ESPN add an editor's note or something?

I don't know why this bothers me so much.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So I'm watching ESPN's post game show, and Ray Lewis is breaking down the Cam Newton hitch TD pass to Ted Ginn at the end of the carolina-NE game. Ray Goes into great detail about the play, talking about how wrong it was, with the DB spun around, to let Ginn go to the outside and burn. He said with a player who is that fast, you have to square up and force him inside, where you can get help. All very detailed. There's only one problem with that analysis...

GINN RAN TO THE INSIDE OF THE DB AND PAST HIM. The whole point that Lewis was making was horribly wrong. The DB DID Force ginn inside. Christ, Ray Lewis is staggeringly bad at announcing. Not Emmitt Bad but close.

Here's the TD and see for yourself

http://www.nfl.com/v...-yard-touchdown

Steve Young just started laughing and ignored Ray

I used to be a fan of Skip Bayless, but ever since his love affair with Tebow, I can't stand to listen to the guy (and not just because of the Tebow love, but everything he says is just completely absurd these days).

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Not sure why he hasn't been mentioned (maybe he has), but I absolutely can't stand Stephen A. Smith. Everything that comes out of his mouth.......it's because of race. This tilts the hell out of me.

Take it back!

• 7 months later...

I've already read that article, and I actually commented on Grantland's Facebook posting of that article, where I would say 90% of the posts were about how awful Collingsworth is, and how ESPN should burn the article. I was pleasantly surprised with Joe Public.

• Like 1