Least Favorite Sports Show Personality

Why does Bill Simmons guess the football lines every week? Does anyone on earth find that interesting?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's absolute insanity to questions collinsworth's greatness. he and al michaels are the GOAT announcing team.

Whitlock did a hit piece on Bomani today. Prior to this, I thought he and Bomani were boys. Bomani goes out of his way to defend Whitlock, and he's basically the only one on #BlackTwitter who capes fo

Joe Buck acts like he is God's gift to announcing. Also because he always hates on Minnesota sports....actually...that is mostly the reason.Moss mooning incident against GB is the most clear memory I

Why does Bill Simmons guess the football lines every week? Does anyone on earth find that interesting?
well i do, but not really because he's guessing the lines. I enjoy his banter with sol. And I like hearing his sucker public reasoning for some lines, so I know what to bet against.
  • 1 month later...
Colin Cowherd on the Jon Wall dance is , in a nut shell, why he is awful.
Why are you listening to him?Whitlock's tweets about it: He's playing y'all like a piano, good pub. Wall is actually a great kid. RT @jaiMendez: what's ur take on Colin Cowherd blasting John Wall? about 8 hours ago via Echofon Cowherd is somewhere cackling, rolling a blunt and (hopefully) telling Beadle, "u and Whitlock would have pretty babies." about 8 hours ago via Echofon Cowherd knows 2 things: 1. media ppl who know Wall love him; 2. Palinites will eat up criticism of dancing NBA player. Perfect radio storm about 8 hours ago via Echofon
Why are you listening to him?Whitlock's tweets about it: He's playing y'all like a piano, good pub. Wall is actually a great kid. RT @jaiMendez: what's ur take on Colin Cowherd blasting John Wall? about 8 hours ago via Echofon Cowherd is somewhere cackling, rolling a blunt and (hopefully) telling Beadle, "u and Whitlock would have pretty babies." about 8 hours ago via Echofon Cowherd knows 2 things: 1. media ppl who know Wall love him; 2. Palinites will eat up criticism of dancing NBA player. Perfect radio storm about 8 hours ago via Echofon
I'm not, just heard about it from following whitlock and googled it
One of my favorites. It's just an excuse to talk football and gambling for an hour.Colin Cowherd is worse than Skip Bayless.
I use to like Joe Morgan than he pissed me off listening to him in this innning game 6 of ALCSRangers 1st Phil Hughes pitching: Elvis Andrus : Ball, Strike looking, Bunt foul, Ball, Andrus doubled to center. Michael Young : Foul, Ball, Foul, Foul, Foul, Foul, Young struck out swinging. Josh Hamilton : Strike looking, Hamilton singled to left, Andrus to third. Vladimir Guerrero : Foul, Ball, Strike looking, Guerrero grounded out to second, Andrus scored, Hamilton to second. Nelson Cruz : Strike swinging, Ball, Ball, Ball, Cruz flied out to right. End of Inning (1 Run, 2 Hits, 0 Errors)

On the Double "Granderson with great hustle to keep Andrus to a Double."On the single"Gardner does a great job throwing the ball home to keep Andrus from scoring.On the strike looking to Vlad'Vlad has no right complaining about balls and strikes because he swings at anything" He actually repeats this twice.The rangers got 2 hits and scored the games 1st run yet he said nothing positive about the Rangers and just complimented the Yanks.Ive heard the YES network be more objective.

One of my favorites. It's just an excuse to talk football and gambling for an hour.Colin Cowherd is worse than Skip Bayless.
He doesn't know shit about sports and rarely watches any games. His whole show is based on a few ideas he has relating sports to real life and he just repeats them over and over again. Constantly does a ratings on a big game who the fck cares what the ratings are.Most of his ideas are stolen from blogs that he reads, than he cuts up these same bloggers he stole from.
So awesome.Did you enter this thing? I actually won a book, and it was terrific.
Ha, I didn't even know about this site until today. From which of the five questions did you win your book?This was my favorite line from the latest article:"Simmons’ most recent article had about a 1 in 50 tredecillion chance of being written by Reilly."If I was Simmons, I would put that in my signature at the end of every column.

I won for boring old question #1:

1- Jays 3rd batter does not reach base2- 39%3- 44%4- 32%5- Question 1) If you start with the assumption (as I have) that the batter reaches base 32% of the time, than you would need to expect less than 32% of respondents to choose the "on-base" group for it to be correct to place yourself in this group. I feel that more than 32% of respondents will pick that group, so I chose the group that gives me the highest expectation of receiving a book (the "not on-base" group).Question 2) Some people will come to the same conclusion as me about the breakeven point for decision-making on Question 1, but then go on to assume that because all respondents will behave "rationally", a huge percentage of respondents will be in the "not on-base" group. These people will then defect to the "on-base" group, understanding that the event occurs much less often, but when it does, they have a higher percent chance of winning a book. Additionally, some people will use completely different assumptions in their approach to Question 1, which will lead them to place themselves in the "on-base" group. For these reasons, I think that almost 40% of all respondents will find themselves in the "on-base" group.3) I've regressed the actual breakdown of answers I expect toward 50% because of the wildly varied methodologies I expect people to use when making the calculations involved in answering this question.4) The chance of the batter reaching base is his OBP (~.340) adjusted to account for the pitcher's much lower opponent OBP (~.295).
HSAC tweeted the % of people who said he'd reach base in question 1 and the average response to question 4, but it seems to have been deleted. I believe both numbers were 35-36%, but I can't find it.edit:
36.3% of people placed themselves in the "Lind reaches base" pool. The average estimated chance of Lind reaching base was 35.1%. Not bad eh? [Twitter]
  • 2 weeks later...
I just heard the most horrifying thing. CBS is developing a sitcom based, i swear to god, Colin Cowherd, and his relationships. He's not going to star in it, apparently, it's just going to be, like, based on him, or something. I can't imagine something worse. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/h...n-cowherd_N.htm
wtf are you kidding me?
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite sports personalities is coming back on air! Max Kellerman is getting an LA show!

Max_Kellerman Max Kellerman Beginning Jan 3 I'll be hosting 10am-2pm on 710 ESPN LA radio (that's 1pm-5pm if you're listening online in NYC and too lazy to do the math)47 minutes ago
  • 2 weeks later...
Haha. I like either Lombardi or Schatz, but I can never remember which is which. Not the blue-chippers guy, but the other one.
Lombardi is the blue chip guy, and I like him, but I really like the other guy.