Least Favorite Sports Show Personality

Not sure why he hasn't been mentioned (maybe he has), but I absolutely can't stand Stephen A. Smith. Everything that comes out of his mouth.......it's because of race. This tilts the hell out of me.
Wow, I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned either. I can't stand him because he is always yelling & well, a know it all.What do you guys think about the two brothers (Doug & Ryan Stewart) that are sometimes on with Skip Bayless on that show 1st and 10. I think they are also on Sporting News radio, called 2 Live Stews. These guys are as annoying as anything. They feel that whatever they say regarding anything is the "end all be all" and is 100% correct and there is no other opinion that is worth a sh*t. Plus they yell their opinions at whomever is opposing them with a differing viewpoint, 90% percent of the time is Skip Bayless. I think Skip takes the opposite side of topics than these idiots just to see them get upset, blather, and yell.
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's absolute insanity to questions collinsworth's greatness. he and al michaels are the GOAT announcing team.

Whitlock did a hit piece on Bomani today. Prior to this, I thought he and Bomani were boys. Bomani goes out of his way to defend Whitlock, and he's basically the only one on #BlackTwitter who capes fo

Joe Buck acts like he is God's gift to announcing. Also because he always hates on Minnesota sports....actually...that is mostly the reason.Moss mooning incident against GB is the most clear memory I

Wow, I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned either. I can't stand him because he is always yelling & well, a know it all.What do you guys think about the two brothers (Doug & Ryan Stewart) that are sometimes on with Skip Bayless on that show 1st and 10. I think they are also on Sporting News radio, called 2 Live Stews. These guys are as annoying as anything. They feel that whatever they say regarding anything is the "end all be all" and is 100% correct and there is no other opinion that is worth a sh*t. Plus they yell their opinions at whomever is opposing them with a differing viewpoint, 90% percent of the time is Skip Bayless. I think Skip takes the opposite side of topics than these idiots just to see them get upset, blather, and yell.
I cant watch Skip Bayless speak for more than a few seconds before I want to reach through the TV and strangle him.

I know I'm in the minority ( so to speak ) But I love Stephen A smith. Not really so much what he says, but the way he says it. He talks like a preacher or something, and I just love the cadence and rhythm of his speech, even though he often isn't saying much and uses a lot of words incorrectly and superfluous phrases to make himself seem more intelligent. It cracks me up. He's way more entertaining than most talking heads.

Ozzie Guillen is god. Watching him get excited about Jay Z was priceless. He's exactly what I want in my analysts: Crazy, excited, and willing to say anything at any moment.
Shit, I missed Jay-Z. I was planning on NOT missing that.

The Lupica Effect: The amount of grammatical rules a sports writer will ignore increases in direct proportion to the level of perceived historical significance of the sporting event he is describing.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever been so tilted by analyst talk, as I am after this Pat-Colts game. Like, I physically can't handle listening to the retardation of guys like Dilfer, and their results based analysis. If you want to critize belichick based on probablities, if you can provide an argument that says their 4 and 2 success rate isn't high enough, or something like that, that's one thing. But listening to Dilfer say shit like " You're sending a message to your defense that you don't trust them " tilts me to no ****ing end. I don't think there's ever been a better litmus test for me hating an analyst, than their reaction to belichick going for it.

Scoop Jackson when asked if he agreed with Jack Del Rio's call to have MJD take a knee.. "It worked, so it was a good call.""He was using clock management against them."I was literally speechless. I still don't really know what the second line means and he said it multiple times and each time was more impassioned than the previous. I've read a little bit of his stuff on Page 2 and been pretty indifferent about him but I really felt like throwing a shoe through the 52 inch after listening to that.

I don't think I've ever been so tilted by analyst talk, as I am after this Pat-Colts game. Like, I physically can't handle listening to the retardation of guys like Dilfer, and their results based analysis. If you want to critize belichick based on probablities, if you can provide an argument that says their 4 and 2 success rate isn't high enough, or something like that, that's one thing. But listening to Dilfer say shit like " You're sending a message to your defense that you don't trust them " tilts me to no ****ing end. I don't think there's ever been a better litmus test for me hating an analyst, than their reaction to belichick going for it.
I've already decided I'm not listening to any of it this week. I am looking forward to reading TMQ tomorrow because he's long been an extreme go for it on 4th down proponent, but he's also been extremely anti-Belichick, so it should be interesting to read his take.I might skip PTI too because I love those guys and I have a feeling they're going to come out way against it.

I didn't think I would ever say this, but Bill Simmons is on my hated list right now. His article today was such an impassioned defense of ignorance that it has me tilted into the ground. I can't STAND listening to him talk about this 4th and 2 issue anymore, I just can't. Of all the people in sports, of all the crappy analysts that have been tilting me, I didn't think it was Simmons that was going to write the ignorance manifesto. I ordered the book of basketball from amazon a few days ago, and I'm seriously considering sending it back. Like no joke.

I didn't think I would ever say this, but Bill Simmons is on my hated list right now. His article today was such an impassioned defense of ignorance that it has me tilted into the ground. I can't STAND listening to him talk about this 4th and 2 issue anymore, I just can't. Of all the people in sports, of all the crappy analysts that have been tilting me, I didn't think it was Simmons that was going to write the ignorance manifesto. I ordered the book of basketball from amazon a few days ago, and I'm seriously considering sending it back. Like no joke.
Yeah, I started reading that and couldn't finish it. But I'm not returning the BoB.

While I was watching the Lions Thanksgiving day game, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman were talking about who should get the Annual Turkey Trophy for games most outstanding player. The camera was inside the booth recording their conversation, Joe said something (I can't recall what) and Aikman just gave him this look as though he wanted to crush his skull with the trophy. I wish I could find this clip somewhere.While listening to the broadcast it seems to me that Aikman doesn't really enjoy working with that "dry, boring, and pompous" a hole Joe Buck. I've said it before, but I can't stand that guy.

While listening to the broadcast it seems to me that Aikman doesn't really enjoy working with that "dry, boring, and pompous" a hole Joe Buck. I've said it before, but I can't stand that guy.
I'm watching the 1997 MLB All-Star Game on MLB Network right now, and wouldnt you fuckin know it, but Joe Buck is doing a good job. He talked a lot faster back then, which is one of my least favorite things about him now. He talks so slow now, which makes his voice that much more drawn out, monotone and boring. And he actually is getting excited!! Tino Martinez hit a shot deep down the line that ended up foul, but Joe actually raised his voice and may have lept out of his seat! Where has this Joe Buck gone???
Rejoice! Chip Caray is gone from TBS! Now get rid of Dick Stockton and everything is well.http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2009/1...-tbs-drops.html
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!He called an obvious lineout this way: “Line drive. Base hit. Caught out there. The runner tags. Throw to the plate. On target. And in time! A double play!”

Speedz posted a long time ago that if you have surround sound, you can just unplug the middle speaker while watching a game and you will get all the sounds of the game without the announcers. I thought this was the greatest thing ever and yet I am so lazy I never actually tried it.If this really does work just like it says, would you do it? Or is listening to awful announcing and making fun of it part of the enjoyment of the game?

I know I'm in the minority ( so to speak ) But I love Stephen A smith. Not really so much what he says, but the way he says it. He talks like a preacher or something, and I just love the cadence and rhythm of his speech, even though he often isn't saying much and uses a lot of words incorrectly and superfluous phrases to make himself seem more intelligent. It cracks me up. He's way more entertaining than most talking heads.
But he is so wrong all the time. I can't get around that even if he is funny in a Cochran-mellifluous way.Have you ever heard a Knicks game announced by Walt Clyde Frazier? I think you would enjoy it.
But he is so wrong all the time. I can't get around that even if he is funny in a Cochran-mellifluous way.Have you ever heard a Knicks game announced by Walt Clyde Frazier? I think you would enjoy it.
sure, he's wrong a great deal of the time, but who cares? He's wrong in such a spectacular way. So few talking heads say anything insightful... entertainment value is better than nothing.And no, I've never heard Frazier call games, but I've heard great things.
When he was the side kick to tony bruno on fox radio, I kinda liked him.. that was a decent show. But solo he was garbage.
The old Tony Bruno show was so awesome. It's terrible that Fox couldn't reach a deal with him. I've listened to his new show a few times, but it just doesn't have a the same 'it factor' as the old show.
We agree. I like Stephen A.
Yeah, I started reading that and couldn't finish it. But I'm not returning the BoB.
Le Batard said that he was surprised by Simmons also, but he just thinks it's that he is such a fan that he is letting his emotions get in the way. Le Batard also thinks that this is going to be a thing where in the future people will be going for it on 4th down most of the time and we will look back at that play as the turning point of that decision.Also, thank you guys for turning me onto him. I listened to him for almost 9 hours today. When stugatz blew up on MC Hammer on September 2nd, it was incredible.Re, Simmons:My least favorite sport in the whole world has to be Soccer, but NBA basketball is a very close 2nd. I simply couldn't care less about the topic and have even less interest in reading the book (especially since it has like 800 pages). Let me know if you think I should get past all that and read it.
When Flacco threw an interception in the packer's endzone, after rolling right, and throwing across the field, Tirico screamed, as he was doing the play by play " Oh, that was AWFUL". It made me laugh.
I love that.