Random Football Observations

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

The NFL is suspending the Pro Bowl. It's about time, that thing was worthless.. but a LOT of sports reporters are going to be bitter about missing out on a week of beaches and whores in hawaii.

The NFL is suspending the Pro Bowl.
That's terrible news. I always enjoy seeing rich people relaxing.

After all this draft coverage, I loathe ESPN even more. Effing Herm Edwards giving out grades of team's drafts. Really? He of the 3-22 record in his last 25 games. He of the famous speech about why we play the game, after a loss. His comments on Tanneyhill, saying the Fins are crazy to draft him 8th and then say they are going to groom him for a year or two. Ummm, fckhead, he only played 19 games in college as a qb. He was a receiver before that. Maybe he needs some seasoning. Pretty sure Garrard and Moore can babysit the team for a year for this kid to get up to speed. I mean, its been 29 years since they took a qb in the 1st round, what's another year? I hate all of ESPNNot even gonna mention Aaron Boone and Doug Glanville playing the pyramid on Baseball Tonight. Wtf? HIGHLIGHTS, that's all I went. Maybe a Chris Connely piece

After all this draft coverage, I loathe ESPN even more. Effing Herm Edwards giving out grades of team's drafts. Really? He of the 3-22 record in his last 25 games. He of the famous speech about why we play the game, after a loss. His comments on Tanneyhill, saying the Fins are crazy to draft him 8th and then say they are going to groom him for a year or two. Ummm, fckhead, he only played 19 games in college as a qb. He was a receiver before that. Maybe he needs some seasoning. Pretty sure Garrard and Moore can babysit the team for a year for this kid to get up to speed. I mean, its been 29 years since they took a qb in the 1st round, what's another year? I hate all of ESPNNot even gonna mention Aaron Boone and Doug Glanville playing the pyramid on Baseball Tonight. Wtf? HIGHLIGHTS, that's all I went. Maybe a Chris Connely piece
only thing i watch on espn anymore is DLHQ. its all trash at this point. i mean i might have espn news on mute while i study, but thats only for pure highlights.

I have watched 7 years of PTI and now that DLHQ is on, I don't even watch that anymore. I do enjoy Mike and Tony but even they are both homers and won't crush someone they consider a friend. Plus, they still do "eye tests" or sniff tests. Damn you Lebatard, you've ruined me!!!

Tony's radio show is way, way better than PTI. I probably like his radio show minute to minute more than lebatard, because Tony bare mentions local sports at all, and does more general topic stuff, and takes zero phone calls from listeners. I would say lebatard has higher highs, but Tony's show has a better average.

Being from south Florida and a dolphins, heat and marlins fan, it helps the show for me. I never tried Tony's show but I barely squeeze in 2 Lebatard podcasts a week

his radio show is 2 hours long, so it's like only 80 minutes a day on podcast compared to the 2 1/2 hours of lebatard. Also, don't get his official podcast feed, it's on a one day delay. Get unofficial " this podcast stinks" which comes out that day, usually within a half hour of the show finishing.

• 2 months later...

Is it just me or do you love the clause in Revis' contract that states if he holds out again, 3 years gets added on to the contract? It's brilliant. Go ahead, hold out, we'll never negotiate and you're tied up for 5 years. Good luck mofo. And I'm usually pro player.

Is it just me or do you love the clause in Revis' contract that states if he holds out again, 3 years gets added on to the contract? It's brilliant. Go ahead, hold out, we'll never negotiate and you're tied up for 5 years. Good luck mofo. And I'm usually pro player.
Wait, I don't really understand that. 3 years at what amount? And what if he gets injured and he becomes kind of sucky? Can he just hold out to get himself an extension? I guess since the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts the Jets could just cut him at that point. That is a really interesting clause.Along those lines, the new Penn State coach had a clause in his contract that stated he gets a year extension added for every year of probation they are penalized. So he just got himself a four year extension. He has a nine year contract without having ever been a head coach.
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm not so sure. They obviously needed a QB, so they paid for one that they thought was good. Then they used a non-first round pick to grab some more QB potential. If Wilson was named the starter because he was just that good, I feel like the GM deserves some credit for that and for not locking yourself into someone simply because you paid him a lot of money. Somewhat related, on Grantland, this was great:The Buffalo Bills acquired quarterback Tarvaris Jackson in a trade with the Seahawks, and subsequently cut Vince Young from the roster. And finally, after years of coming excruciatingly close, the Bills have now completed a transaction that matches the city of Buffalo in pure sadness. "This is our 'closing the public libraries' moment," declared triumphant owner Ralph Wilson.