Random Football Observations

Why wouldn't he be a good teacher of throwing mechanics? That's what Tebow needs most.
I don't know, maybe he is. Do we have any evidence that he is? But what makes you think he would be so much better than, you know, a QB coach?Tebow to the Rams doesn't make a lot of sense either. Is Jacksonville even trying here?
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

The team was writing checks to players for hurting people in the games. You're crazy if you think his punishment was too harsh.
i was in the car for 45 after this suspension came out and two former chiefs were on and said this happened all the time. joe horn said that marty shottenheimer told players he would pay their fines for late hits. same thing. gunther cunnigham was involved as well. he coaches in detroit now. will he be suspended too? as if sean peyton was the first coach to know about this or sanction it or whatever.

I didn't say the Saints were the only team to do this in history. The league investigated and found a policy, with specific payouts, for carting people off the field. There is no way they could go easy on them. I promise that teams will stop doing this now. There is no way a head coach is going to risk a $7 million yearly salary to pay a player $1000 for a hit.

my biggest problem with this is how unfair it is to punish sean payton in this way. this has been going on for years on teams all over the league. and roger goodell's unlimited power needs to be curbed.
http://deadspin.com/5890499/meet-the-convi...tinyofthebountyread this and I promise you will immediately think that, if anything, Sean Payton got off light.
Also, Tebow is now apparently going to the Rams.
As of 59 minutes ago...Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefterTim Tebow trade now is expected to come down to either Jaguars or Jets. Jaguars making play to get the player they failed to land earlier.
I'm sad for Tebow. I'm pretty surprised they didn't keep him as a backup in Denver. I mean, Peyton could have obviously helped him.
I don't know why you would be surprised, there are several legitimate reasons why they would want to trade him, one of the major benefits of the Broncos signing manning( besides, you know, having manning) is being able to extricate themselves from the Tebow era without the fanbase going nuts.

There was a rumor for about 1 second the other day in the boston papers that he was possibly coming to New England, which got me excited. He's not just a backup QB, he's an extra running back, right? You can do all sorts of fun stuff with him - wildcat certainly comes to mind, and all kinds of RB passes and tricks. The option can also be pretty fun in goal line situations (which would've been less useful in NE because Brady can sneak like a motherfucker).Also of course if he can learn to throw he can be a legit starting QB.

Brady can sneak like a motherfucker.
I remember when Bob Ryan said this (well, basically that) on the LeBatard show. I don't know why, but it just strikes me as really funny. Like, I'm sure it's probably true, but I've never heard people discuss it as an actual skill. But apparently everyone in Boston knows about it.Tebow in New England makes sense because Belichik wouldn't be afraid to use him in unconventional ways. Like outside linebacker or something.My Tebow-wish is that he goes to Jacksonville, is their starting QB, they inexplicably make the playoffs, and face the Broncos in round one.
The team was writing checks to players for hurting people in the games. You're crazy if you think his punishment was too harsh.
Not true. Williams organized it, but the players contributed to a fund that then paid the players. Maybe a coach would throw money into the pool, but the team was not writing checks. I mean, it's only a small difference, but definitely an important one.
As always, it's not the crime that brings you down, it's the cover up.

When general manager Mickey Loomis told Payton in 2010 that the organization was being investigated for the bounty program, the report suggests that Payton went to Williams and Vitt before their interviews with the league's security and told them to " … make sure our ducks are in a row." It doesn't appear that Payton was interviewed as part of the investigation at that time, but when he denied all knowledge of the program in a 2012 interview with the league, they showed him an e-mail from 2011 in which Payton added a very expensive postscript: "PS Greg [sic] Williams put me down for $5000 on Rogers [sic]." The message refers to Aaron Rodgers, who the Saints were about to play in the NFL's opening game of the season. When presented with that evidence, Payton admitted he was referring to the Packers quarterback. That postscript (or not having a separate Gmail account to use in lieu of his nfl.com e-mail address) will cost Payton $7.5 million by virtue of his one-year suspension without pay.

• 3 weeks later...
i haven't seen they. but jon gruden is an uber douche.
I haven't seen they either.
i haven't seen them. but jon gruden is an uber douche.
See, I agree that he's a bit of a cheese dick on MNF, but I only watch when the Fins are on, and we all know that means never, but I think they have to talk in cliches because its 3+ hours and you can't actually say anything interesting anymore without getting killed by the media police, but I find him funny on these thingsGive it a watch. RGIII was cool
damn you were quick with that. i edited that instantly after posting it.
I had to try to give you some quick crap for busting my balls in the sick thread.

Seizing the day.The last thing anyone remembered that school for before him was that bball player that killed his teammate and the ensuing scandal with the coach covering up violations. Before that, David KoreshAnd I saw McGee write "segment". These are half hour shows on the family of ESPN networks. Gruden is just good, on these