Random Football Observations

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

The journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step, brv.

I was talking about Lovie.

I'm not excited about Lovie's firing, I'm skeptical they will find a head coach better. Now, Mike Tice I would have been fine with them letting go I'd be fine with. It was Jerry Angelo I had the biggest issue with, and he's gone. But I'll give this Emery a chance to hire a coach, I guess. I think the bears problems are primarily an offensive line issue, not a coaching issue tho.

Lovie was a conservative moron when it came to what to do on 4th down, but almost every coach is.

This Honey Badger interview makes me laugh. I read it first and now it's on ESPN. Crying, 3rd person references, a ray lewis like whisper voice and reference all the while claiming that living up to his Honey Badger reputation and persona pushed him to weed. Puuuhhhllease. This guy has been smoking weed for years. I'd bet my check on that.

I'm sure jail and the reality of no future has sobered him up a little, but he is still a 5'9" tweener (corner/safety) who is too slow. Hey, I hope he gets the opportunity to show the goods. If nothing else, the NFL is a pure meritocracy.

Yeah, I actually want to pick Seattle because of Atlanta's known choking in the playoffs,but my gut says they'll pull this one off.

It's pretty funny listening to the radio here in Denver. Talking a lot of shit about the Ravens. Broncos have been my 2nd favorite team since the Terrell Davis days, so I hope they're right. Plus who doesn't want to see Brady and Manning in the conference championship game.

I have been gorging myself in Te'o Gossip for the past 8 hours, and the only thing that makes sense to me, at all, is that Teo was having a gay relationship with the owner of the GF's twitter account, and used this GF as a cover story to fool his mormon parents and his teammates. Because, 1) if he was lying to get attention, he's a sociopath 2) if he really did get conned, he's the dumbest mother fcker of all time.

I'm voting for dumb. Mormons are really good at glossing over obvious things.

If it was stupidity, he also lied along with it. Didn't he tell multiple people that he met her in person a number of times? So maybe he said that so they didn't think his relationship with her was exclusively online and on the phone, which would have made him seem like a bit of a loser.

I'm willing to believe that he was duped - he's a football player, not pre-med - but it's still very weird. I'm not saying I do believe that, but I don't think it's impossibly outlandish.

SI: How long were you dating? I know that can be a complicated question.

TE'O: Oct. 15 was the official date. Of last year. I've known her for four years. So we've been friends.

wtf

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130117/manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-quotes/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nojlp.png?1

:icon_clap:

Any thoughts on the first round of the draft? I was surprised at how little teams had to pay to trade up. Seems like Miami and San Francisco got pretty good deals. I'm excited to see what Tavon Austin does in the NFL but Deandre Hopkins will be the best receiver from this class. I'm disappointed Manuel went to Buffalo, I'd like to see what he could do in Philly with Chip Kelly.

1) I don't pay attention to much college football outside of Northwestern and Nebraska, so I know almost none of the non-skill position players

2) all research I do into the draft, is into skill position players due to me playing fantasy football, and this is a terrible skill position draft

So, with those caveats, I'll weigh in..

I think the price was so cheap because there were no QBs that anyone wanted. When there are desirable QBs (or a lot of teams need qbs) it creates a market for draft picks that is really steep. Without that, I think the price went down considerably less this year.

I was shocked that Ej went ahead of smith, and was taken by buffalo. I think The Chiefs are absolutely killing themselves for trading for alex smith, when it looks like they could have had Geno at 2.02. Whoever gets geno, will get a nice value I think

Austin: I Dunno, I'm very skeptical of a 5'8, 170 lb WR, and don't really understand why there's so much hype. Yeah, he ran a 3.34 40.. so did that white kid swoops, and he's like 6'0 205. I dont' get what it is about Austin's game that makes him so much more valuable than other small fast guys. I think that's a real risk as high as they are taking him. I need to do more research into him, but I'm skeptical as of now.

I think hopkins was a great value and is the safest WR prospect in the draft. Maybe not the highest ceiling, but the surest bet, and in a great situation, so I'm going to be taking a hard look at him early in my dynasty drafts.

Patterson is the kind of high ceiling guy I'm a sucker for. The vikes paid a lot for him, but they obviously think he's a top 15 value that slipped, to give up that many picks for him. A bold move, in what appears to be a good draft for him

I'm a bears fan, and they took an unsexy linemen pick, A guard who the only thing I know about is that he's Howie Long's son. That's good, right?

I think the Dolphins made a bold move, it didn't really cost them much.

I think the cowboys are a joke, and taking a center in the first is almost always wrong.

I think the Dolphins made a bold move, it didn't really cost them much.

I think the cowboys are a joke, and taking a center in the first is almost always wrong.

In 2011, the Dolphins took a center in the 1st rd, the highest a center has ever been taken. So, lets not love the Dolphins too much. Jordan had 5 sacks last year, in a pass happy conference. Makes a a little nervous. Hopefully he'll have an impact