Random Football Observations

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

I'm not so sure. They obviously needed a QB, so they paid for one that they thought was good. Then they used a non-first round pick to grab some more QB potential. If Wilson was named the starter because he was just that good, I feel like the GM deserves some credit for that and for not locking yourself into someone simply because you paid him a lot of money.

I don't know why the GM gets credit for what is a coaching decision. Head Coaches determine who starts, at least in healthy organization. GM's deserve scorn (I'm looking at you, Jerry Jones) if they interfere with start/sit decisions, but they don't deserve credit for letting coaches do their job.

I don't know why the GM gets credit for what is a coaching decision. Head Coaches determine who starts, at least in healthy organization. GM's deserve scorn (I'm looking at you, Jerry Jones) if they interfere with start/sit decisions, but they don't deserve credit for letting coaches do their job.

I thought he meant the GM deserves credit for a great third round pick. Russell Wilson looks a lot better than Tannehill and was taken like 70 spots later.

I thought he meant the GM deserves credit for a great third round pick. Russell Wilson looks a lot better than Tannehill and was taken like 70 spots later.

Right. He deserves credit for taking a QB who I assume he saw some real potential in, even though he spent big money on a free agent QB. Unproven QB's are almost like pitching prospects in baseball. Just stockpile them and hope you get a gem.

Here are the combine numbers of three quarterbacks that were drafted in the first round over the course of the past few years.

Player A:

Height: 6'5” Weight: 248 lbs 40 Yd Dash: 4.59 sec 3 Cone Drill: 6.92 sec 20 Yd Shuttle: 4.18 Vertical Jump: 35.0” Broad Jump: 126.0”

Player B:

Height: 6'4” Weight: 234 lbs 40 Yd Dash: 4.63 sec 3 Cone Drill: 6.80 sec 20 Yd Shuttle: 4.28 Vertical Jump: 36.0” Broad Jump: 124.0”

Player C:

Height: 6'5” Weight: 236 lbs 40 Yd Dash: 4.71 sec 3 Cone Drill: 6.66 sec 20 Yd Shuttle: 4.17 sec Vertical Jump: 38.5” Broad Jump: 115.0”

Very Comparable numbers, right? Similar Heights and weights. Player A is marginally faster straight ahead, Player C a little faster at the 3 cone drill. Player C can jump a littler higher but not quite as far. But basically, all 3 of these players have very similar physical profiles. From this comparison, knowing nothing else about the players, you would describe all 3 as big, strong mobile quarterbacks, right? You can't tell anything about their passing abilities from the combine numbers, but you can project that all three have the physical gifts to be successful scrambling quarterbacks at the NFL level, right? Two of these Quarterbacks won't surprise you. Player A is Cam Newton, Player C is Tim Tebow. Player B may very well surprise you. He's Andrew Luck.

Don't let the media sell you that RG3 is the athlete, and Luck is a pocket passer. He's a great athlete too. HE's a cross between brees and tebow. A more talented Aarod, if you can wrap your mind around that.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG.That is the best game ever. 1) It was the best cover ever for me, since I had seattle +3.5, I finished the weekend 8-0-1, my greatest football betting weekend ever 2) the packers got literally cheated by a call in what will be the most infamous blown call of all time. I couldn't be happier to see the team I hate most on the planet cheated. Oh the rage from packer fans literally arouses me. 3) this will be the catalyst for the real refs to come back.

OMG.That is the best game ever. 1) It was the best cover ever for me, since I had seattle +3.5, I finished the weekend 8-0-1, my greatest football betting weekend ever 2) the packers got literally cheated by a call in what will be the most infamous blown call of all time. I couldn't be happier to see the team I hate most on the planet cheated. Oh the rage from packer fans literally arouses me. 3) this will be the catalyst for the real refs to come back.

it doesn't matter if you love or hate the team that got fist****ed like this, the fact that you're happy to see it happen is pathetic. a blown call of this magnitude seriously calls into question the integrity of the game. missing the original call is one thing, but to have it reviewed and still blow it is just unbelievable. the only thing i can possibly agree with you on is that it might actually speed up the process of getting the real officials back, because for god's sake these morons need to get the **** out of the nfl and back to footlocker as soon as possible

it doesn't matter if you love or hate the team that got fist****ed like this, the fact that you're happy to see it happen is pathetic

Happy is a very poor word for the intense, near sexual pleasure, I feel from the fact this happened to the packers. This will make me happy not just tonight, but every time this game is brought up, in perpetuity. The only way that could have given me more pleasure, is if it would have happened in the playoffs.

TJ Lang@TJLang70

Got ****ed by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl

TJ Lang@TJLang70

**** it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs.

TJ Lang@TJLang70

Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed.

it doesn't matter if you love or hate the team that got fist****ed like this, the fact that you're happy to see it happen is pathetic. a blown call of this magnitude seriously calls into question the integrity of the game. missing the original call is one thing, but to have it reviewed and still blow it is just unbelievable. the only thing i can possibly agree with you on is that it might actually speed up the process of getting the real officials back, because for god's sake these morons need to get the **** out of the nfl and back to footlocker as soon as possible

Jesus ****ing Christ. Put a gun in your mouth you ****ing hard on.

I hope Tommie Fraizer joins the scab refs, officiates every game for your favorite team, ****s you into a perfect 0-16, and then sleeps with the girl you love. That's how strongly I believe in spite.

Edit. I lost my temper. I am sorry for my hateful remarks.

Edited by David_Sklansky
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's only mid way through the 3rd quarter, but in the Jets-Arizona game, both QBs have QB ratings under 25. Has that ever happened before?

Also, can anyone give me a reason why Ryan is still starting Sanchez? I know we all agree that Tebow isn't a great QB, but is he really that much worse? And if he doesn't want to start Tebow, then put ****ing McElroy in the game.

I really hope Ryan gets fired after this season, and never gets another coaching job, and dies fat and alone.

By the way, I really hate Rex Ryan.

Well there goes Devin Hester's career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8720551/roger-goodell-says-nfl-competition-committee-consider-eliminating-kickoffs

Doesn't really matter if it actually happens or not. I'll still watch just as much as I do now. The only part I don't understand is that they're considering it to decrease the amount of injuries to players during the return.

Don't they have a chance to get injured during a punt return as well, or are they saying if you punt the ball there wouldn't be a return?

I think a better choice would be to start off the opposing team at their own 20 (like a touchback). But if the kicking team wants the ball back, then they put them at their own 30 in a 4th and 15 situation, or maybe even 4th and 20.

See, I don't thinking you're understanding how they get injured on kick offs. ON punts, most guys are blocking at the line of scrimage, and it's a typical football play in a lot of ways. Yes, there are 1-2 gunners running down the field, to tackle the punt returner, but they are also blocked in a typical way. SOmetimes the punt returner gets plastered, but overall it's a pretty typical NFL play..

Kickoffs, on the other hand, the two teams start about 20 yards away, from a standing position. The two teams run full speed at each other, like William Wallace charging at the brittish. because both sides are running, straight at each other, with a great deal of moment, there is a lot more injury risk on any play, and it's not just to the gunner/returner, it's to any guy on either side. IT's a really dangerous play and the NFL is good to be getting rid of it.