Random Football Observations

But maybe [Tebow] does inspire the defense. Who knows?
I made a similar suggestion in the baseball forum a couple months ago about the possibility of players feeding off the individual successes and attitudes of their teammates (or negatively feeding off the individual failures and attitudes of their teammates) and was laughed out of town, made fun of, and explained to in detail how idiotic I was for suggesting that such a thing could possibly ever happen, for at least an entire page. Just pointing that out, because some of those same people who lambasted me also post in this thread and clearly have no issue with you making an almost identical suggestion (cough SUITEDACES, cough cough, ahem). Anyway I've been getting more and more into football the last two seasons, especially this season (I've always watched some, but I'm enjoying it more and more), but I haven't posted hardly at all in this thread cuz I usually watch the games a day or 2 after they air live, so I avoid this thread to avoid spoilers. Then by the time I've read it everybody's moved on. So I haven't read the posts from this week but bottom line: football is awesome, and I've been on the Tebow bandwagon for about a month (note: I haven't watched the Broncos game from Sunday yet but I have it and plan to). Also just wanted to say: Gronkowski. Gronnnnnnnkoooowwwwwsssskiiiii. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJnpZBm2XPc
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

I made a similar suggestion in the baseball forum a couple months ago about the possibility of players feeding off the individual successes and attitudes of their teammates (or negatively feeding off the individual failures and attitudes of their teammates) and was laughed out of town, made fun of, and explained to in detail how idiotic I was for suggesting that such a thing could possibly ever happen, for at least an entire page. Just pointing that out, because some of those same people who lambasted me also post in this thread and clearly have no issue with you making an almost identical suggestion (cough SUITEDACES, cough cough, ahem).
i went back 10 pages and didnt see anywhere that i could have possibly been thought to have said anything even remotely like that. so unless you have a quote, you can kiss my delicious ass.
i never even jokingly suggested that.
Yeah, I think you're the last remaining holdout to giving yourself over to our Lord and Savior Tim Tebow, so it's weird that TimmyKnuckles singled you out. Maybe he's just saying you're not ripping us the way you ripped him.
Maybe he's just saying you're not ripping us the way you ripped him.
This is how I took it.
well if that's what he's saying then i dont know what to say really. i dont even remember the conversation being about that. i was going pretty hard after the "he just wins games" idea, so i must have missed this other bullshit.
Here's the full quote:
I don't care that he prayed for a missed field goal. I'm sure lots of Broncos fans were too. I don't know how long they can win without ever scoring 20 points. It's still clear that Tebow is not all that good. But maybe he does inspire the defense. Who knows? He sure seems to have magical powers. Nick Novak has been super solid for San Diego and he missed twice yesterday in perfect weather.I still figure they finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs with Oakland going 9-7.
I don't think Cane was making a strong case for Tebow inspiring the defense. I'm basing this on his subsequent statement: "He sure seems to have magical powers." So I think it's reasonable that you didn't jump all over Cane for saying that.

Tibow might inspire the defense, but not with speeches about jesus. They know they have to keep it close, and can pump themselves up with the knowledge that the team always has a chance to come back.

No dude... he went 14 and 2. 14-2. 14-2.
There is no difference between 12-4 an 14-2 when it comes to a coach's job security. I only point that out because you repeated yourself as if it was an important point.
Awesome
I HOPE YOU'RE JOKING! I posted that son-of-a-bitch in the sick thread like 2 days ago!
5w0mQ.jpg
"Someone needs to tell Tim Tebow that cancer and world hunger are up by 15 points and there are only 3 minutes left."
I HOPE YOU'RE JOKING! I posted that son-of-a-bitch in the sick thread like 2 days ago!
Look, if I were joking I would've said, "What do you do with an elephant with three balls? You walk him and pitch to the rhino."
"Someone needs to tell Tim Tebow that cancer and world hunger are up by 15 points and there are only 3 minutes left."
Jokes!(That was really funny though.)

Detroit is in an uproar today. Suh finally showed up for his weekly Wednesday interview on our local sports radio channel. It went splendidly. First time he has talked since the day after Thanksgiving. I don't think I am much of a fan of Suh the person after yesterday. But he can gladly stay on my team though. Most people are either calling the talk show guys unprofessional or they are asking for Suh to be put on the trade block. I think both sides are idiots. Hers is the link to the interview. It's interesting. He answers nothing and it gets ugly at the end and Suh "graciously" hangs up. http://detroit.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=h...mp;dcid=CBS.DET

Yeah, he seems like a total asshole, but he's obviously a good player and he is fun to watch. Except, you know, when he does all the unnecessary and illegal stuff.
Yeah, I gotta hope he gets the picture now. Though anytime he does anything remotely aggressive he might just get flagged for the heck of it. Who knows. But that last line where he stated he did nothing to get this attention was pretty astonishing. I heard something today that the reason he was so mad Thanksgiving day was because the guy he stomped on untied his shoelaces 3 times prior. haha

I had an epiphany last night. I wasn't even thinking about football when this came to me.The Packers are going to be undefeated going into the Super Bowl and who will be waiting for them when they get there? Tim Tebow.If they put that game on pay-per-view, I would pay up to $1,000 to watch it.