Random Football Observations

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

i've been on the no punting from beyond my team's 40 yard line for a while. and the idea that if you go into it knowing you are 4 downs no matter what, like dread said, it changes the play calling significantly, which should increase the odds you get the first down anyways.it enrages me when coaches punt from the opposing 45 yard line on fourth and 2. it is beyond stupid.

Do you kick field goals?
depends on the flow of the game and the quality of my kicker.edit: personally i dont like field goals (i want them taken out of the game), but points are points and you win by accumulating more than the other team.
it enrages me when coaches punt from the opposing 45 yard line on fourth and 2. it is beyond stupid.
I hate it so much. Any team that doesn't go for a 4th and short between the 40's I go nuts over. When it's on the opponents side of teh field between the 50 and 35 and they punt, I actively root for that team to lose and the coach to be fired.

I've decided I don't like Tebow again until I read interviews with him in which he praises their defense more than he praises jesus. Also, did he really pray for the other team's kicker to miss a field goal? I feel like that's...maybe a discussion for the religion forum.

I've decided I don't like Tebow again until I read interviews with him in which he praises their defense more than he praises jesus. Also, did he really pray for the other team's kicker to miss a field goal? I feel like that's...maybe a discussion for the religion forum.
oh man i wish i was a reporter and could question him on his ridiculous religious beliefs. of course i would get fired for doing it though.
Then you should be liking hm again, because I saw an interview where he did praise God first, but then immediately gave all praise for the win to his teammates, including the defense. He deflected all praise of his 'clutch play' to his teammates.He is young, and probably not a Biblical scholar, so I'll give him a pass on the stupid prayer. (I'm guessing Tebow goes to a Charismatic church)Also: one turnover in his last 236 touches.

I don't care that he prayed for a missed field goal. I'm sure lots of Broncos fans were too. I don't know how long they can win without ever scoring 20 points. It's still clear that Tebow is not all that good. But maybe he does inspire the defense. Who knows? He sure seems to have magical powers. Nick Novak has been super solid for San Diego and he missed twice yesterday in perfect weather.I still figure they finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs with Oakland going 9-7.

See, this is what's funny about the whole Tebow thing. I can't even tell if you're being serious.
With GGW, the first step is to decide if the comment makes sense or is ridiculous. If it's ridiculous, that means he's serious.<------------------------->I used to like Ndamukong Suh until I started paying attention to him more. His post-game comments were absurd. Why don't professional athletes realize that there are things like "replays" that clearly show what you were doing? I would suspend him two games for his actions and another game for his reactions.
I used to like Ndamukong Suh until I started paying attention to him more. His post-game comments were absurd. Why don't professional athletes realize that there are things like "replays" that clearly show what you were doing? I would suspend him two games for his actions and another game for his reactions.
Me too. What he did was ridiculous and could end up costing us the playoffs. Listening to the radio here and hearing people defend him annoys me a lot as well. I see nothing in that play that gives him any reason to even come close to doing what he did. "Oh, the guy was holding him!!!" Really looks to me as if Suh is on top and slamming his head into the ground repeatedly till he decided to get up and stomp on his arm like a little bitch. Guy needs to take some time and get his temper under control or this will keep happening. At least we have 8 decent D linemen.
Me too. What he did was ridiculous and could end up costing us the playoffs. Listening to the radio here and hearing people defend him annoys me a lot as well. I see nothing in that play that gives him any reason to even come close to doing what he did. "Oh, the guy was holding him!!!" Really looks to me as if Suh is on top and slamming his head into the ground repeatedly till he decided to get up and stomp on his arm like a little bitch. Guy needs to take some time and get his temper under control or this will keep happening. At least we have 8 decent D linemen.
I'm with you guys on Suh, but obviously he felt he had reason to do what he did. I watched the play many many times, and what I think happened is this:1) Suh was engaged with the guy.2) The play ended.3) Still engaged, the guy took Suh to the ground. (If you watch Suh fall to the ground, his legs get bent backwards underneath him with him and the 400 pound lineman on top of them)4) Suh's brain realizes that he isn't injured, but that he could have broken his legs.5) Suh loses his mind.
I watched the play many many times...
Pretty sure you just say that to try to lend some authority to your statements.What happened with the takedown was not after the play ended. If that guy lets up at any time before that, Suh is going to throw him around.The play itself was super dumb. He could've got away with just the head-slamming, but the stomp at the end was too much. But what annoyed me the most was his stupid rant after the game.

I can't wait till Wednesday. The afternoon guys on 97.1 The Ticket here in Detroit interview him each week. First question out of the box will be asking him about his post game statement and if he knew the game was televised. I still love listening to fans make excuses. Or the conspiracy people who say that the league will take time because they need him to play Sunday since they flexed it. Or the people that claim that Suh lost that game for us singlehandedly. That is a fun one. I like this team playing with an edge. I have no issue with it, it's a nice change of pace from the past Lions teams which pretty much were tame and layed down at the drop of a hat. But there is a line that can be crossed and Suh either dangles on it or jumps right over it. Now I see ex Nebraska teammates saying that he has always been like this and there were many issues during those days with his temper. I really hope he gets some help with it other than sitting at home for 2-4 games and then coming back and hoping not to step of the edge yet again.

Pretty sure you just say that to try to lend some authority to your statements.
No. I only say that, when I really do do that. However, I do rewind many times quite frequently when I'm watching football. I do it so frequently, that it really bugs me when other people are watching football with me, because I don't do it with other people in the room, since I assume it would annoy most people. I would challenge you to watch the entire play yourself, and see if I exaggerated anything.btw, I agree with everything else you said. (I even agree with you that technically the play wasn't completely over... but it was over for the linemen, since the ball was gone and many of the other linemen were just standing around when Suh was taken down.)
he wins games. that's all that matters in the NFL.
Heh.
With GGW, the first step is to decide if the comment makes sense or is ridiculous. If it's ridiculous, that means he's serious.
Apparently.
I used to like Ndamukong Suh until I started paying attention to him more. His post-game comments were absurd. Why don't professional athletes realize that there are things like "replays" that clearly show what you were doing? I would suspend him two games for his actions and another game for his reactions.
That's probably really what he thought happened. He clearly has anger management problems and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit blacked out during the post-play shenanigans he regularly engages in.
I can't wait till Wednesday. The afternoon guys on 97.1 The Ticket here in Detroit interview him each week. First question out of the box will be asking him about his post game statement and if he knew the game was televised.
Let us know how the interview goes. I'm sure he'll be going with the company line, but maybe he'll say something moderately interesting.