Random Football Observations

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

Are you talking about Asomugha? In what way is he from Dallas?Edit: Ochocinco is a Patriot?
It was "announced" that Dallas was going to snag him. **** the Eagles.Also: yes.
  • 2 weeks later...

Shannon's HOF Speech was amazing. Such a touching moment with his brother. Everyone applauded for him.. and there was that moment.. everyone knew he was not ever going to be in the HOF, but everyone knew he would have... and they applauded him for it.

• 2 weeks later...

The NFL is suspending Pryor for violating NCAA rules? I can't understand why the players think Goodell has too much power.

The NFL is suspending Pryor for violating NCAA rules? I can't understand why the players think Goodell has too much power.
He suspended Rothlisberger for two ALLEGED crimes. par for the course, etc. It's not Goodell's job to do the NCAA's bidding.
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm officially on the Newton bandwagon. I was all aboard last season, but his championship game ( which he won) wasn't as impressive as I hoped ( was still chasing the Vince Young Dream). BUT.... his first NFL game was more impressive than I ever could have envisioned. What happens when he learns the playbook? what happens when he learns to read defenses and the game slows down for him? what happens when he becomes comfortable? Just a staggering performance in his first NFL Game..This just in, Teej. Cam Newton is pretty good.

What happens when he plays against a secondary that isn't the worst in the league?Random football observation: the opening week of the NFL is my favorite opening week of any sport and football is probably only my third favorite sport. I just love how so many storylines get blown up immediately. Or, at least, seems like they get blown up. The first week probably isn't any different than any other week in the sense that every week has weird upsets or just bizarre outcomes, but in that first week we really don't know which is just a fluke and which is just the experts being wrong about a team.

I should really break mine down to a cellular level:NFL (Doesn't matter what the game is. I'll watch from beginning to end, even in blow-outs.)NCAA Tournament (I don't do anything but watch basketball from Thursday - Sunday in March. I don't miss any Cyclone basketball games, and I watch all of UNC's games now, because of Harrison Barnes.)Cyclone Football (I will see every game, most at the stadium)MLB Playoffs (I haven't watched one baseball game yet this year, but I probably won't miss one playoff game. I have no idea why I enjoy the playoffs so much, while simultaneously not caring at all about the sport in general.)NBA Playoffs (I usually watch every game)NCAA Bowl Games (I'll watch about 20% of the bowl games)nothing else. (I would watch a re-run of It's Always Sunny before watching NHL, MLB regular season, Tennis, Golf, NCAA Football regular season, or NBA regular season games.)Soccer. (**** you, Soccer. You don't even deserve to be in the list with stuff I don't care about.)

I should really break mine down to a cellular level:
I think it gets messy if I try to break things down like that. I would rather watch one regular season NFL game than one regular season MLB game, but I still like baseball more. I like talking about it, I like reading about it, and it's hard to beat going to a nice summer day game with a friend and having a few beers. It's just that there's so many games. Like, a whole lot of them. And I might even choose watching the Super Bowl over game 7 of the World Series (although it would matter somewhat the teams involved), but that's because the Super Bowl is an event. I'm not sure how to settle this. I'm thinking: brackets.

March Madness CFB Bowls SoccerMLBCollege basketball College footballNFLNBA Golf TennisNFL is so much better with redzone. Without it, it's almost impossible to sit through a whole game.

I think it gets messy if I try to break things down like that. I would rather watch one regular season NFL game than one regular season MLB game, but I still like baseball more. I like talking about it, I like reading about it, and it's hard to beat going to a nice summer day game with a friend and having a few beers. It's just that there's so many games. Like, a whole lot of them. And I might even choose watching the Super Bowl over game 7 of the World Series (although it would matter somewhat the teams involved), but that's because the Super Bowl is an event. I'm not sure how to settle this. I'm thinking: brackets.
Good post. I LOOVVVVEE going to baseball games, btw. I don't think there is a more relaxing sport in which to spectate.Also, I would have a hard time deciding between a WS game 7 and the superbowl, and I'm not even joking. I haven't really ever thought about that until now, but I'm not sure that I wouldn't chose game 7. The baseball playoffs are super exciting to me for some reason, and game 7, after such a long epic battle, lasting over several days/weeks, would be hard for me to pass up. However, if the Superbowl that I decide to skip is 2008 Giants/Patriots, then I would end up killing myself.Where are the brackets? We're waiting.
Where are the brackets? We're waiting.
I was trying to work out who would be in each division.Professional Team SportsNFL regular seasonNFL playoffsNBA regular seasonNBA playoffsMLB regular seasonMLB playoffsNHL regular seasonNHL playoffsCollege Team SportsFootball regular seasonFootball bowl gamesBasketball regular seasonBasketball tournamentBaseball regular seasonBaseball World SeriesHockey Frozen FourWomen's VolleyballOther Professional SportsGolf MajorsGolf TournamentsTennis MajorsTennis TournamentsAuto RacingSoccer World Cup Soccer LeaguesBeach VolleyballOtherSummer Olympics (team sports)Summer Olympics (individual sports)Winter Olympics (team sports)Winter Olympics (individual sports)BowlingPoolHorse RacingPokerHow does that look? Then I'll need to seed them.
I was trying to work out who would be in each division.Professional Team SportsNFL regular seasonNFL playoffsNBA regular seasonNBA playoffsMLB regular seasonMLB playoffsNHL regular seasonNHL playoffsCollege Team SportsFootball regular seasonFootball bowl gamesBasketball regular seasonBasketball tournamentBaseball regular seasonBaseball World SeriesHockey Frozen FourWomen's VolleyballOther Professional SportsGolf MajorsGolf TournamentsTennis MajorsTennis TournamentsAuto RacingSoccer World Cup Soccer LeaguesBeach VolleyballOtherSummer Olympics (team sports)Summer Olympics (individual sports)Winter Olympics (team sports)Winter Olympics (individual sports)BowlingPoolHorse RacingPokerHow does that look? Then I'll need to seed them.
It's good. When in doubt... VOLLEYBALL!
It's good. When in doubt... VOLLEYBALL!
I'll fill it out for myself in a bit. I suppose we should say what we're ranking. I'm going with a combination of which would you rather watch and which are you more interested in reading about, discussing, and/or listening to people talk about.1sjz12.jpg
I'll fill it out for myself in a bit. I suppose we should say what we're ranking. I'm going with a combination of which would you rather watch and which are you more interested in reading about, discussing, and/or listening to people talk about.1sjz12.jpg
I know one thing for sure. Beach volleyball is going to have a bye every week until the final 4.

I don't know how to fill out the bracket and post it, but here's what I got in the Final Four:NBA Playoffs v Tennis MajorsMarch Madness v Summer Olympics IndividualNBA Playoffs v March MadnessNBA PlayoffsI don't understand you mid-westerners with your college sports. And live NFL games on TV are impossible to watch unless gambling and fantasy.