Random Football Observations

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did anyone just watch that 3rd and 7 scramble? Cam is such an incredible creature.

That Bama-Auburn ending is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. How fabulous.

Gotta be the ACC. What a mess that is. The Big Ten's pretty straight forward. Iowa, Penn State, Ohio State in that order.
It's weirder than that. Just look at Purdue.OSU loses to Purdue, who really seemed to be the opposite of Iowa in that they just kept losing close games. Then Wisconsin (who OSU rolled) walks in and shuts Purdue out and wins by 30+. There are a lot of schizophrenic teams in the Big-10 this year, not a lot of consistency.
I'm not sure which conference is more confusing this year, the Big-10 or the ACC.
Both conferences flat out stink. Stinky conferences usually are confusing. I am already excited to not watch the G-Tech v. Cincy orange bowl.I cant believe Urban Meyer did not suspend Spikes for longer. When did UF turn into Miami from the 80s? (Except this team gets all the calls instead of fighting through bad calls) I mean UF is playing Vandy this week. Do they really need Spikes anyway?
Both conferences flat out stink. Stinky conferences usually are confusing. I am already excited to not watch the G-Tech v. Cincy orange bowl.
I think you are confusing stinky with parody.I think by default I'd rather watch games from these two conferences than any other this year because of the unpredictable nature of the games.
I think you are confusing stinky with parody.I think by default I'd rather watch games from these two conferences than any other this year because of the unpredictable nature of the games.
I have enjoyed the SEC games more than any others this year (and I am not an SEC guy). I will give you that the ACC and Big 10 are unpredictable. I think it is ironic that you confused parody with parity because big 10 and ACC games often are a parody of football.
I have enjoyed the SEC games more than any others this year (and I am not an SEC guy). I will give you that the ACC and Big 10 are unpredictable. I think it is ironic that you confused parody with parity because big 10 and ACC games often are a parody of football.
It was a typo that got auto corrected by my browser, I was just too lazy to go back and fix it. I'd love to hear a breakdown of whats so impressive about SEC football this year. I've seen just as many SEC games as any other conference I don't really see anything that's more impressive than what other teams are doing. There are a lot of bad football teams in the SEC this year. They do only have 3 ranked teams and how LSU is as high as they are is a mystery to me.
how LSU is as high as they are is a mystery to me.
lack of options. it's a bad bad year for college football. If ever there was a year a non-BCS conference team deserved a real shot it is this year.I feel like the SEC has had a lot of interesting games. They have two great teams (by this year's standards) and a handful of teams that are really good on one side of the ball (Arkansas-O, Georgia-O, Tenn-D, LSU-D, etc.) It creates some good matchups.
Northwestern beat undefeated IowaNebraska beat oklahoma...no barking from the dog..no smog..Momma cooked breakfast with no hog..
congrats on the win today.
Brandon Spikes' suspension is a bit unfair. It's not like he complained about the refs or something.
eye gouging = half a game suspensionlying about meeting with Deion Sanders (not an infraction btw) = season long suspensionThe best thing that could happen to college sports is if the NCAA building fell into a lake of fire. Brvheart, can you call Jesus for me?
The best thing that could happen to college sports is if the NCAA building fell into a lake of fire. Brvheart, can you call Jesus for me?
I'll work on it.
eye gouging = half a game suspensionlying about meeting with Deion Sanders (not an infraction btw) = season long suspension
NFL:Fine for dangerous horse collar tackle: $7,500Fine for wearing wrong color chin strap: $10,000
Ten predictions for '09 second halfCan't really disagree with any of it but even as a Steeler fan I think he's getting a little ahead of himself there.
It is so impossible to win back to back super bowls. So his predictions are bucking the trend already. That being said the Steelers just handled the Vikings and then crushed the Broncos. They will be involved at the end. But they are not so good that I think a prediction that Pittsburgh will not lose again this year period holds a lot of water.
This Bears/49ers game is just dreadful to watch.
As a bears fan who had SF -3 and the SF D in fantasy, it was a weird game to say the least. By the last 2 minuts I went from relative indifference to actually cheering against the bears....because this is not a playoff team. It's clear as day now. May as well not lose my bet too!! LOL.

I knwo I'm going to be in the 1 percent minority, but I think Belicheck made the right play. The colts needed a touchdown, they would have had more than two mintues to drive down the field, which is more than enough time.... the patriots were at what, their own 28... the hardest yards to get are those last 28, I don't think the colts chances of winning would have changed all that much by punting, but they would have lost 100 percent of the time if they make that first down. HE's going get murdered by results based thinking, but I actually think it was a godlike call, way ahead of the curve of thinking in the NFL, and I'm glad a coach had the sack to do it.