Boat Turn And A Donkbet?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 297032The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $10.00BB: $7.20UTG: $9.80UTG+1: $11.00Hero (UTG+2): $10.00MP1: $0.50MP2: $6.80CO: $6.70BTN: $5.95Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+2 with 7 :club: 7 :4h2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 5 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.65) 3 :ts 3 :5c 8 :3h(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50Turn: ($1.65) 7 :qh(2 players)BB bets $0.40hero??do we raise here or look weak, like on a draw and then raise river if he fires again?

Raise. You want to get as much money in as possible by the river, and the best way to do that is raise the turn. Slowplaying has little value here. Either villain has something he will call the raise with or he doesn't. If villain doesn't have anything, you are unlikely to win more by waiting for the river anyways.

This is a horrible, weak bet from V. He bets less than you did on the flop! Really this looks like a blocker bet so I'm putting him on a spade draw here. Let him get his draw. I'd just flat call here, or possibly minraise for value. He might call a minraise and if he misses on the river at least you got another 4BB out of him. Also, the minraise might induce a shove...it happens.If he flopped a higher boat with 88, then he's playing it very strangely and I'm probably paying him off for it.

This is a horrible, weak bet from V. He bets less than you did on the flop! Really this looks like a blocker bet so I'm putting him on a spade draw here. Let him get his draw. I'd just flat call here, or possibly minraise for value. He might call a minraise and if he misses on the river at least you got another 4BB out of him. Also, the minraise might induce a shove...it happens.If he flopped a higher boat with 88, then he's playing it very strangely and I'm probably paying him off for it.
If villain is on a draw, we won't get anymore money unless villain hits. Turn is an easy raise. Villain will call with draws.
If villain is on a draw, we won't get anymore money unless villain hits. Turn is an easy raise. Villain will call with draws.
Yeah I was leaning towards a minraise, he might call more though I guess. Worth a try.
Raise to $1.50 ... he's calling with the spade draw... if he hits you get paid off.... if he misses you got some value out of it by RAISING the turn...
$1.50? Again, worth a try but you need to give him to correct pot odds to call here. Making a flush in one card is only around 19%. Obviously he might just call anyway, as it's 10NL.
Yeah I was leaning towards a minraise, he might call more though I guess. Worth a try.$1.50? Again, worth a try but you need to give him to correct pot odds to call here. Making a flush in one card is only around 19%. Obviously he might just call anyway, as it's 10NL.
1) You aren't considering implied odds.2) It's 10NL.
1) You aren't considering implied odds.2) It's 10NL.
1) I'm perfectly happy with raising here! I'd just raise to 0.80 or $1. Though I doubt this 10NL villain is considering implied odds either2) Fair point!
It's a really easy raise imo. In these spots I like to pretend he didn't bet and size the raise so it comes out how I'd normally value size my hand, which would be making it a total of $1.40 in this spot
Is there any way we can define a range for this villain?
Raise. You want to get as much money in as possible by the river, and the best way to do that is raise the turn. Slowplaying has little value here. Either villain has something he will call the raise with or he doesn't. If villain doesn't have anything, you are unlikely to win more by waiting for the river anyways.
Raise to $1.50 ... he's calling with the spade draw... if he hits you get paid off.... if he misses you got some value out of it by RAISING the turn...
Is there any way we can define a range for this villain?
This is a small pp or something like A8 a lotI've seen this call/donk line a ton from top pairish hands recently, and like none of them are letting go. It's a small donk bet though so it's most likely a weakish hand. I think you're seeing something like A3 here like never
Yeah I was leaning towards a minraise, he might call more though I guess. Worth a try.$1.50? Again, worth a try but you need to give him to correct pot odds to call here. Making a flush in one card is only around 19%. Obviously he might just call anyway, as it's 10NL.
Why on earth should we give villain correct odds to draw to his flush? We want him to call with incorrect odds, that's what makes it a +EV play.
He drawin dead, thats why i guesss and we beggin for a calll!
not to bust your balls but quad 3's is the nuts and set of 8's is hunting for the last . That being said of course we have the best hand like 98% time.
not to bust your balls but quad 3's is the nuts and set of 8's is hunting for the last . That being said of course we have the best hand like 98% time.
I believe Deadly is referring to if villain does indeed have a flush draw
Why on earth should we give villain correct odds to draw to his flush? We want him to call with incorrect odds, that's what makes it a +EV play.
He drawin dead, thats why i guesss and we beggin for a calll!
Yep. I want this donk to at least feel comfortable about calling for his flush. In fact, I want it to be +EV for him! If he makes his flush, you're getting his whole stack anyway, regardless of what happened on the turn.