Did everyone stop watching this? I enjoy this show but I think its time slot (conflicting with survivor) as well as the layoff from the olympics killed it. The next 2 shows will be about the day they saw in the flashforwards so should be pretty interesting. ABC cancelled this due to the ratings but I really dont think they did what they could have with it. Fox is looking to pick it up and there's a bunch of people urging others to watch this thursday so that the ratings go up and FOX buys it.It's not the greatest show ever but I enjoy it every week and the writers have done a good job of having a long time line written out and not having much, if at all, conflicting in it.
I watched the first three episodes or so, then gave up. Couldn't get into it at all...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still watching it and I like it a lot. The wife is a total wet blanket on everything though. She's annoying and her actions tend to not make sense based on her character. I don't really care if it has another season. I think I'm almost to the point where I'm done with watching dramas or comedies as they air. Well, sort of as they air; more like as I get to them on tivo. I think I'm going to switch to watching everything on DVD. The only shows I'll keep up with will be any reality shows.

Did everyone stop watching this? I enjoy this show but I think its time slot (conflicting with survivor) as well as the layoff from the olympics killed it. The next 2 shows will be about the day they saw in the flashforwards so should be pretty interesting. ABC cancelled this due to the ratings but I really dont think they did what they could have with it. Fox is looking to pick it up and there's a bunch of people urging others to watch this thursday so that the ratings go up and FOX buys it.It's not the greatest show ever but I enjoy it every week and the writers have done a good job of having a long time line written out and not having much, if at all, conflicting in it.
I actually love the show and usually dont watch it on a huge delay (unlike most shows). So ghey that it is cancelled but I will watch for now. This show could have been awesome.

My DVR messed up and I missed the first 2 episodes of the new season, and to be honest I didn't have enough desire to try to catch up, so I am done with it.

I'm still watching it and at least there's a glimmer of hope that FOX is looking at it. On the other hand, FOX doesn't have a great track record with shows like this: Sarah Connors, Dollhouse all canceled within two years recently.The father/daughter sub-plot in Afghanistan does nothing for me. Also, I agree with the previous poster that the Sonya Walger character too easily fell into a relationship with the Scientist. She does a much better job as Penny on Lost with way more chemistry with Desmond.I like the John Cho character plus he gets to bang Gabriela Union and Christina Woods (once). James Callis does a nice job as Gabriel and I like the hobbit.Too bad ABC messed up the scheduling with the show by putting it on hiatus for a long period of time before coming back to it - I think that ABC should have learned from Lost and 24 that for shows like this, just run it all the way thru with no breaks. Also, putting it in on Thursday against every other top shows was stupid beyond belief.I'll add it to the list of shows that I liked which were destroyed by the network scheduling geniuses

I'm still watching it and at least there's a glimmer of hope that FOX is looking at it. On the other hand, FOX doesn't have a great track record with shows like this: Sarah Connors, Dollhouse all canceled within two years recently.The father/daughter sub-plot in Afghanistan does nothing for me. Also, I agree with the previous poster that the Sonya Walger character too easily fell into a relationship with the Scientist. She does a much better job as Penny on Lost with way more chemistry with Desmond.I like the John Cho character plus he gets to bang Gabriela Union and Christina Woods (once). James Callis does a nice job as Gabriel and I like the hobbit.Too bad ABC messed up the scheduling with the show by putting it on hiatus for a long period of time before coming back to it - I think that ABC should have learned from Lost and 24 that for shows like this, just run it all the way thru with no breaks. Also, putting it in on Thursday against every other top shows was stupid beyond belief.I'll add it to the list of shows that I liked which were destroyed by the network scheduling geniuses
completely agree--- as for the wife-- how do you have such serious discussions of devotion with you husband and then go with the other man. She professed her love for him and wanted to move away to avoid ending the marriage. he doesn't want to move do she dumps him and is kissing the scientist the next episode. huh?
as for the wife-- how do you have such serious discussions of devotion with you husband and then go with the other man. She professed her love for him and wanted to move away to avoid ending the marriage. he doesn't want to move do she dumps him and is kissing the scientist the next episode. huh?
Exactly, she makes no sense.But Cho's fiancee is just as bad in the other direction. I know your partner saved your life and all, but I think you need to take a vacation with me to Hawaii on the day he's going to have guys with big guns coming after him. And oh by the way, it's only the most important day of your career. But what about meeee???Stupid women.The triple agent pregnant lesbian is ok, I suppose.
Exactly, she makes no sense.But Cho's fiancee is just as bad in the other direction. I know your partner saved your life and all, but I think you need to take a vacation with me to Hawaii on the day he's going to have guys with big guns coming after him. And oh by the way, it's only the most important day of your career. But what about meeee???Stupid women.The triple agent pregnant lesbian is ok, I suppose.
ya I agree with all this. Hopefully fox picks it up and this is a huge wakeup call to the writers to spend more time on personal stories/experiences with their flashforward. I suggest anyone who can watch it live do so that it 100% counts toward viewer ratings and gives fox a reason to pick it up.
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought the finale was kind of weak. I feel like a lot of people on the show make really dumb decisions that are even dumber considering what they know. Somewhat interesting that they set up the next flash forward to several years ahead. I'm not sure I care either way whether it gets picked up for another season.

I thought the finale was kind of weak. I feel like a lot of people on the show make really dumb decisions that are even dumber considering what they know. Somewhat interesting that they set up the next flash forward to several years ahead. I'm not sure I care either way whether it gets picked up for another season.
completely agree -- could care less. I think the fbi guy who jumped off the building had the right idea. I think is actual flash forward was where the show was headed. so up to the roof he went to do his wright brothers impression!