Well, it involved poker, but explanations? Not so much.
Was the straight flush necessary? I can't wait until we see someone get it in with Aces and lose to 5/2o who makes 2 pair. Great show so far. I knew Al was going to try to commit suicide, but I never thought it would actually happen... "Not Today, but probably tomorrow"I hope Demitri stops being a bitch now.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Show's over already??? Good episode. I tuned in for Joseph Fiennes (loyalty due to Shakespeare in Love), but stayed because I really like the Simcoe guy. By March 2010, though, I may have lost interest. I hate short-run seasons -- it's why I only watched a season or two of Nip/Tuck, The Shield, and others.

On December 3, 2009, ABC abruptly placed the show on hiatus until March 4, 2010, explaining the break would allow the show to run the remaining 12 episodes uninterrupted, as well as avoid having to compete with the 2010 Winter Olympics.I really enjoyed the first two episodes, but because of the terrible decision at ABC to put this on Thursday's at 7pm, I haven't seen an episode since. I'm glad they are moving it, because Survivor will be over and I'll be able to watch it again.

On December 3, 2009, ABC abruptly placed the show on hiatus until March 4, 2010, explaining the break would allow the show to run the remaining 12 episodes uninterrupted, as well as avoid having to compete with the 2010 Winter Olympics.I really enjoyed the first two episodes, but because of the terrible decision at ABC to put this on Thursday's at 7pm, I haven't seen an episode since. I'm glad they are moving it, because Survivor will be over and I'll be able to watch it again.
dude.... you need DVR or TivoI thought it was kind of dumb in the last episode how Simcoe and the other guy admitted to being behind the blackout, but don't get arrested. So they claim to be responsible for thousands or millions of deaths and they can just walk around in public?
dude.... you need DVR or Tivo
Dude... I have one. I watch Survivor and record Community, Office, Park & Rec.... ect.
Dude... I have one. I watch Survivor and record Community, Office, Park & Rec.... ect.
Do you have On Demand? Survivor, and all those NBC shows are available for free On Demand. I usually record Survivor and Flash Forward.. then wait until today for all the NBC comedies to show up On Demand.
I might believe that excuse more readily if the Olympics were beginning next week, but they're not. Any idea what ratings have been like?
I might believe that excuse more readily if the Olympics were beginning next week, but they're not. Any idea what ratings have been like?
No idea, but my guess is that they are terrible. There HAS to be at least 2 million people in my exact same boat, who would watch the show if it was on at a different time. For the first couple weeks they were showing it on Thursday AND Friday and I was recording the Friday episode. I can only record two channels, and I'm not missing Community or Survivor, so FlashFoward loses. It really is just a terrible terrible awful decision to put the show on Thursdays. It should be on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday in the Fall and Monday or Friday in the Spring. It could also go for Tuesday or Wednesday in the Spring as long as they steer totally clear of American Idol, which would be hard. Thursdays are the only night they should have avoided like the plague.
No idea, but my guess is that they are terrible. There HAS to be at least 2 million people in my exact same boat, who would watch the show if it was on at a different time. For the first couple weeks they were showing it on Thursday AND Friday and I was recording the Friday episode. I can only record two channels, and I'm not missing Community or Survivor, so FlashFoward loses. It really is just a terrible terrible awful decision to put the show on Thursdays. It should be on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday in the Fall and Monday or Friday in the Spring. It could also go for Tuesday or Wednesday in the Spring as long as they steer totally clear of American Idol, which would be hard. Thursdays are the only night they should have avoided like the plague.
That makes sense to me. Sad that the people smart enough to bring a show to television are then stupid enough to kill it with poor planning.

Thursday just stinks like Brv said. I record Survivor & Flash Foward but I run into the same problem one hour later when I watch Fringe, CSI and the Office. I'll just have to catch up with the Office when it comes out on DVD since I don't have OnDemand. On the other hand, Tuesday and Wednesday are wide open as I don't watch anything during that time. Both Flash Forward and Fringe have had their ratings hurt by putting them against the other Networks' tough Thursday night shows.Hey network geniuses, MOVE THEM to Tuesday or Wednesday and you'll get better ratings than the dreck you have there currently.I didn't really like how Simco and Lloyd came out with their truth - hey, let's commit suicide and let everyone know we're responsible for 20 million deaths. I'm pretty sure that they and anybody associated with them would be in full custody and their facility where they do the experiments locked up.

That makes sense to me. Sad that the people smart enough to bring a show to television are then stupid enough to kill it with poor planning.
I believe that those are two different groups of people. The producers are always fighting with the network execs... and it's the network execs that are making the bad decisions here.
Anyone who TIVO's Survivor over anything is teh gay!NBC shows and Flash Forward, AINEC!
You are currently missing easily the best season of survivor ever.
They show it at 7pm in Tokyo?

Put it on at 10 pm (where it should be) and it automatically beats NBC any night of the week.

I watched most of the first season of Survivor and had no interest in ever watching it again.I like Flash Forward and I agree with whoever said it a while ago that it's more compelling to make it about six months from now rather than 21 years.
That statement is not doing it for me."I got punched in the balls today, but it was easily the best ball punching episode ever."
  • 5 months later...

Did everyone stop watching this? I enjoy this show but I think its time slot (conflicting with survivor) as well as the layoff from the olympics killed it. The next 2 shows will be about the day they saw in the flashforwards so should be pretty interesting. ABC cancelled this due to the ratings but I really dont think they did what they could have with it. Fox is looking to pick it up and there's a bunch of people urging others to watch this thursday so that the ratings go up and FOX buys it.It's not the greatest show ever but I enjoy it every week and the writers have done a good job of having a long time line written out and not having much, if at all, conflicting in it.