Adam's Unofficial E S P N Hockey Pool Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we should consider locking rosters when playoffs start next year.
We can do that, makes no difference to me. It would have to be agreed upon before the season starts, obviously.
I think adding and dropping is fine. Just keep doing it like we already do where only teams who can still win $ are allowed to add/drop
So in other words, only the playoff teams in the Championship round are able to add/drop, the Consolation round teams are stuck with the players they had at the end of the regular season. It makes sense to do it that way, and I don't have a problem with it, but as always I'm willing to listen to anyone else's opinion (for or against) before changing things around for next year. Does anyone else have suggestions, now that we're winding down the season, on how they want things to go for next year? I'm thinking goalie mins come back in a smaller role, keep the number of teams and players, keep the stats the same, but if anyone has ideas, by all means.

I would remove shorthanded goals (not because I finished dead last in those) because the addition of shots on goal over GWG was meaningful. There has to be another stat that comes into play more often than SHG. Maybe hits?I would lessen the role of goalies by having less categories for them. Saves. Wins. GAA. SV% (saves for sheer load. wins for quality and load. the rest for quality)I might be wrong but I think we DO have minimums in a way. When I had zero appearance for most of last week (yay Huet/Osgood/Leighton), the daily score would show me as losing categories like wins and shutouts where both of us had zero. However, when I clicked on Matchup, it did not show me as losing those categories.Removing two categories would also probably make the races for the finish closer (though with shutouts leaving it's really only like losing 1.15 categories (but with the addition of hits it might actually be more like .65)). More teams in the hunt would be more fun, right?Are you sure you want ideas? heheedit: oh yea. And, if you want a complete revamp on the league...for some reason...I would turn it into a points league where each category is assigned a point value. So like Goals = 3 points. Assists = 2. +1 if on the powerplay. + 2 shorthanded. +/- for +/-. Shots = .2. Faceoff win = .2 (loss = -.2). Something like that. Or go old school with it and just do points and wins for the week. Points=1. Wins=2. This last idea kinda sucks.

"The Captain" had a question about payouts for this year, and it's good information for all so I'm cross-posting here:Hey Scott, we're going with the same payout structure as we had last year, except it's prorated due to the fact that we dropped two teams from the pool (loss of $40 to the prize pool).Last year we paid out as follows, from a 20 team x $20 = $400 pool:1st Place - $200 (50% of the prize pool)2nd Place - $125 (31.25% of the prize pool)3rd place - $75 (18.75% of the prize pool)This year, using the same values, the prizes are as follows, from a 18 team x $20 = $360 pool:1st Place - $180 (50%)2nd Place - $112.50 (31.25%)3rd Place - $67.50 (18.75%)Congrats to the following teams:1st Place - The Captain (Scott) *Paid $180*2nd Place - Canadian Gothic AAA (Dale) *Paid $112.50*3rd Place - runthemover (Ed)I'll ship out your winnings today, please PM me with your Paypal details.

I managed to sweep the goalie categories but my players shit the bed this week. Congratulations Scott!Thanks again, Adam!!

as always this league was super fun. back to back 3rd place finishes! bittersweet.anyway, I paid via stars. Is it possible to receive via stars? Possibly I transferred to someone who then transferred to you. If not then I ask some kind participant to step up and help me out (subtracting any fees from my winnings of course)

as always this league was super fun. back to back 3rd place finishes! bittersweet.anyway, I paid via stars. Is it possible to receive via stars? Possibly I transferred to someone who then transferred to you. If not then I ask some kind participant to step up and help me out (subtracting any fees from my winnings of course)
Thanks for participating again, you're kind of a beast in this pool. :club: I mean, you're no Andre but still. ;)I'd have to check but I don't believe there's any $$$ in my Stars account (I'm like 95% sure that even if there's money in there it isn't the amount I'd need to pay out that way) and being an American I have no good way of depositing to transfer your winnings from my Paypal over to there. How did we work this out last season? I forget...
you transferred to someone who transferred to me. Just thought I'd ask in case things had changedp.s. it helps to have Sidney and Alex in back to back years
I'll take a look when I get home, but I'm pretty/totally sure my wife would have burned up whatever real money is in my P-Stars account. I'd be happy to ship to someone else's Paypal account and have them send you poker money if you want to arrange that, or in a pinch I can send you a money order via snail mail. Or you can get a Paypal account since you just end up winning every year anyway. :club:
anyone out there with paypal and stars willing to help me out?
i dont have enough..PM Bob..He might be able to help.
Ok - I'll try a first ever Serge bet.$25 is goot
bookedbooked
Despite falling flat on my face in the playoffs - I did win a Serge bet!Congrats to the Captain - maybe I should have made that trade early in the season when you offered me Moulson/Penner for Cammalleri and some other scrub