Adam's Unofficial E S P N Hockey Pool Thread

Sigh.Jay got in with 370.I missed with 368.SilverSeven missed with 365.Belanger ends up in 5th with 374.Pretty sick race. Too many injuries for my team. I'd venture to say I lost the most man-games to my most important players (Hemsky, Selanne, Khabibulin, among others, I'm sure). :(Oh well, was a great season. Was into this league far more this year than any other. Thanks a lot, Adam, as usual.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.Jay got in with 370.I missed with 368.SilverSeven missed with 365.Belanger ends up in 5th with 374.Pretty sick race. Too many injuries for my team. I'd venture to say I lost the most man-games to my most important players (Hemsky, Selanne, Khabibulin, among others, I'm sure). :(Oh well, was a great season. Was into this league far more this year than any other. Thanks a lot, Adam, as usual.
DOH...so close...oh well...But we won our mens league championship tonight so that pretty much takes all the sting away from this fantasy loss...Real hockey championship >>> Fantasy hockey championshipWOOT !!!!!!!!GL to the 6 playoff-bound GMs !
Oh well, was a great season. Was into this league far more this year than any other. Thanks a lot, Adam, as usual.
Thank YOU, as well as everyone else who participated the entire way through. Much appreciated, makes the league so much better. I hope to see each and every one of you again in the fall. Final Regular Season Standings:*1. GoBears 458 *2. The Captain 399 *3. runthemover 396 *4. Canadian Gothic AAA 395 *5. Corona Ice Kings 374 *6. Newmarket Hurricanes 370 7. Ottawa Limidonks AAA 368 8. Silver Seven AAA 365 9. Crazy Dicers 360 10. dEv~s BamFs 348 11. Broadway 347 12. The Super Friends 339 13. I ate Crosby..YUMMY 337 14. Fearsome Beavers 328 15. Point Cannon 306 16. The Lost Cause 304 17. Burnaby Express 287 18. Ingmen 255I just want to say, Andre (GoBears) is AMAZING. His first time ever playing fantasy hockey was in this pool three years ago, and he's been right there in the playoff mix every single season, winning the regular season outright by a huge margin this year. Way to go man.

not to take away from him (that means that's exactly what I'm going to do in the next part of the sentence) but last year I think his team was in the bottom of the standingsbut, a regular season like his is quite impressive (complementing myself on my team's performance last year)

My track record in this league isn't all that great as I'm nowhere near as familiar with the 3rd/4th liners this league makes you dig into. I had some rough patches this year but I'm semi happy overall. I ended the year with 4 straight winning weeks. (includes wins over GoBears and runthemover)This is also the first year I actually drafted my team so it's semi helpful that I ended up with goalies instead of 4 backup Ottawa goalies that were auto-drafted for me last year.

not to take away from him (that means that's exactly what I'm going to do in the next part of the sentence) but last year I think his team was in the bottom of the standingsbut, a regular season like his is quite impressive (complementing myself on my team's performance last year)
Whoops, you're correct, I guess I was just remember the season before that where he also finished the reg season 1st overall. :club:
I just want to say, Andre (GoBears) is AMAZING. His first time ever playing fantasy hockey was in this pool three years ago, and he's been right there in the playoff mix every single season, winning the regular season outright by a huge margin this year. Way to go man.
We don't speak of Brodeur after last season. Thanks for the reg season kudos - got lucky with Bryz obviously. But since I'm a Sharks fan (who incidentally are pulling their usual fade), the reg season don't mean a thing. It's all about the playoffs so we shall see!Thanks for running the league Adam!

Well your defending champion did not represent well this season. If you wanted to know what player would be getting injured you just needed to check my roster! Oh well played out every week anyway even through my season was done early.

Actually, Adam... you seem to have locked my roster changes.. I can't set lineups for next week?
Oh shit...forgot about the consolation. My bad, I'll fix it...*Edit* Fixed...what I did was a locked changes on everyone but the teams that were playing games this week, plus the two teams with byes in the League Championship playoffs. Totally bricked on the fact that there's a consolation tournament going on...since, well, I didn't even make that. You and Stephane should be all set, you were the only ones who would have been affected since you have the consolation byes.

Sick comeback today by me in the consolation bracket over John.I needed Thornton to come back and actually play, and Mueller to show up. I was tied or losing most of the offensive categories, but came back to win most of them today, and take a 7-6-3 win!Moving onto the consolation finals!

Second year in a row I'll be in the third place game (though this year not due to a ridiculously bad math mistake on my part). I think both years I lost this round by one category.
I was sweating tonight games with my buddy Scott (The Captain), what a close series! gg.

Hmmm... they took a PPG or PPP or something away from me, and now I lost 7-6-3... I don't get it. Wonder what happened. The live scoring is usually pretty accurate in real time. Weird.Maybe they gave John a PPG or something, that'd do it.lol sigh, yup. They gave Brule a PPG from March 30th.GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Big come from behind win. It came right down to the wire with GoBears (Andre) and I managed to get minor penalties from Grabner and H. Sedin to win the PIM category. Henrik Sedin also got me a shorthanded goal. Winning the SHG and SO categories was huge.Congrats to GoBears on a great season!

Big come from behind win. It came right down to the wire with GoBears (Andre) and I managed to get minor penalties from Grabner and H. Sedin to win the PIM category. Henrik Sedin also got me a shorthanded goal. Winning the SHG and SO categories was huge.Congrats to GoBears on a great season!
Man, I had an SH goal AND a SO this week, and tied both of those, heh. Run bad!
Nice job - I was sweating the last game but you had most of the players unfortunately! I just had to hope for no penalties but it did not come to pass
unlock to lock and lock to unlock confused me. nevermind
Yeah, I keep forgetting about all the damn consolation and "you're eliminated but still have to play another game to see if you come in 5th or 6th" games. Sorry.
well I'm of the opinion that only unlocks should be available for $ games. I think that is how you have it. See you next year.
I have no idea what you just said, but see ya next time. :club: