Call Or Fold? (ignore...just Me Rambling To Myself)

BoDog .10/.25 NLHEHero - 27.55 (SB)Villain - 25.00 (BB)I've been playing about 20 minutes and villains first handPreflopHero is dealt 9h 5h4 callers, hero limps in SB, BB checksFlopJc Ad KhChecks aroundTurn3hchecks around againRiver (Pot 1.50) QhChecks around to Hero, Hero bets 1.50, BB raises all in, Hero callsThis hand seemed a lot more interesting before I reviewed it like this but I don't feel like abandoning this post lol. My original question was if this is a profitable call since this overshove is almost always a HUGE hand (imo) and my flush is kind of weak, but thinking about it now Axs Jxs and 10xs which are all possible, are the only hands that beat me and 10x is just as likely. So no real question I guess, just feel free to throw in your two cents.

River (Pot 1.50) QhChecks around to Hero, Hero bets 1.50, BB raises all in, Hero calls
Hero is acting first, right?

if you were in the SB then you would be leading out on the river not getting it checked around to you.therefore villain didnt check raise all in he just raised all in which makes 10x more likely for his holdings.i probly insta call here and then note what hand he overshoved if he had us beat.

I would fold SB with that but, I think with that river bet that either he had a straight, on the flop, and was slowplaying, the hand and holding Q10, and possibly missed that the last card was a h. Or he could of possibly had a higher flush with that last card completing his draw as well. My opinion, I would fold. Maybe that would be a mistake, but I am kind of thinking he had A rag of hearts..

Sorry for the mix up with the position, I was dead tired when wrote this. Yes, I'm SB and acting first. I guess I could have folded pre but .15 to win 1.25 is like 8-1, and if I hit 95 is really well disguised so I figured the implied odds made this a good gamble. Is this downright bad or borderline?Also any opinions about this guy making this move first hand at 25nl? He bought in full so I don't think he is some crazy donk trying to double quick and then get out, but microstakes players are crazy and I've seen this show up as a bluff enough times where it wouldn't surprise me. Or is all of this somewhat irrelevant since I don't know this particular player?

Sorry for the mix up with the position, I was dead tired when wrote this. Yes, I'm SB and acting first. I guess I could have folded pre but .15 to win 1.25 is like 8-1, and if I hit 95 is really well disguised so I figured the implied odds made this a good gamble. Is this downright bad or borderline?
It's only bad when you hit a flush and then are still lost on what to do, hence the fold preflop. You make the best hand you can make with these cards other than a random 4 of a kind and are baffled at what to do when you are overshoved on.Also, I am baffled with the responses in this forum because it's such an instamuck it's disgusting to see how many calls were posted.

im folding preflop and folding to the huge over the top bet. Taking the stab was fine and we were just praying to get called if they come over the top we have to fold we were basically hoping to just take it down or get one caller on the river we really didn't want any feedback from or probe of river i agree totally with temp nuts

i just dont see him overshoving the nuts with 4 people behind....probly wrong but when i play i see this so much its hard to give credit to a high flush.

It's only bad when you hit a flush and then are still lost on what to do, hence the fold preflop. You make the best hand you can make with these cards other than a random 4 of a kind and are baffled at what to do when you are overshoved on.Also, I am baffled with the responses in this forum because it's such an instamuck it's disgusting to see how many calls were posted.
I didn't really consider it like that. Thanks for the input. I really hate mediocre flushes like this for this exact reason, I was hoping more along the lines of catching a miracle flop like 95A or 678KA, but I suppose I'm stuck in the same situation if one of those boards goes bad. Defiantly something I should think about more in my hand selection. Thanks again.
It's a one card straight and a two card flush. I don't think this is an instamuck at all.
It's a one card straight and a two card flush. I don't think this is an instamuck at all.
If i was sitting at a live table I'd probably snap this off fwiw.There's a rule about massive overshoves called "massive overshoves are the nuts." It doesn't matter how unlikely the holding is, as soon as a player makes that bet he has the nuts a huge portion of the time. This move works great too because a ton of people pay off the homerun shot that it's so much more +EV than making a normal raise (i use it a ton obviously). He is more likely trying to get value from a ten here, since most players at this level can't fold a ten to a single raise(no matter how massive). This spot would be more interesting to me if we had the second nut flush, because then the question would be how often does another player make this move with just any flush. But as it stands there are a ton of flush combos that beat us.
If i was sitting at a live table I'd probably snap this off fwiw.There's a rule about massive overshoves called "massive overshoves are the nuts." It doesn't matter how unlikely the holding is, as soon as a player makes that bet he has the nuts a huge portion of the time. This move works great too because a ton of people pay off the homerun shot that it's so much more +EV than making a normal raise (i use it a ton obviously). He is more likely trying to get value from a ten here, since most players at this level can't fold a ten to a single raise(no matter how massive). This spot would be more interesting to me if we had the second nut flush, because then the question would be how often does another player make this move with just any flush. But as it stands there are a ton of flush combos that beat us.
OK let me reason through this a little. Almost every heart above ours paired with a flush draw or hits a straight at some point during this hand. Two of the five hearts above our 9 are on the board, including the Kh and Qh, two cards that MIGHT check their pairs on the flop because of the ace on the board. If someone holds the Ahxh, they're probably reeaaalllyyy unlikely to check this flop because they flopped their ace, and they're DEFINITELY betting the turn if they have top pair with a flush draw. Conversely, if someone holds Jh or Th, they're probably not going to check the turn because they're likely playing connected hearts and their hand got really big on the turn and they need value out of it. I just have to believe that the action says this is very unlikely to be a higher flush. Since this flush is backdoored, it looks to me like someone holds the Ah, and is thinking no one can call, they hold a naked T for the straight and think they have the NOOOOTS, or they have some random backdoor flush and can't conceive of anyone else holding a flush. Maybe I give the wrong impression when I say snap this, because occasionally, we do get shown a poorly played higher flush. That's OK. We have more buyins. But we are so often crushing and bluff catching and value owning simple straights so often here we can't fold now.

i was goin over my HH from todays session and noticed how i played this hand.i honestly didnt know that i had raised that much on the turn... but this is kinda like what u were talking in overbetting the nuts i guess.Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 295277The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP1: $10.05MP2: $19.05Hero (CO): $14.55BTN: $11.10SB: $8.50BB: $6.00UTG: $9.55UTG+1: $11.20Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with Q :3h K :spade:UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, 1 fold, BB checksFlop: ($0.55) 7 :jh T :club: J :D(5 players)BB checks, UTG bets $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, BB foldsTurn: ($1.75) 9 :ts(4 players)UTG bets $0.40, MP1 raises to $1, Hero raises to $6, BTN folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls $5River: ($14.15) 8 :4h(2 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets $3.70, MP1 calls $3.65 all inFinal Pot: $21.45MP1 shows 9 :D 8 :D (a straight, Seven to Jack)Hero shows Q :qh K :5c (a straight, Nine to King)Hero wins $20.45(Rake: $1.00)is limping KQ there marginal and should i raise the limpers preflop?

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with Q :3h K :spade:UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, 1 fold, BB checksFlop: ($0.55) 7 :jh T :club: J :D(5 players)BB checks, UTG bets $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, BB foldsTurn: ($1.75) 9 :ts(4 players)UTG bets $0.40, MP1 raises to $1, Hero raises to $6, BTN folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls $5River: ($14.15) 8 :4h(2 players)MP1 checks, Hero bets $3.70, MP1 calls $3.65 all inFinal Pot: $21.45MP1 shows 9 :D 8 :D (a straight, Seven to Jack)Hero shows Q :qh K :5c (a straight, Nine to King)Hero wins $20.45(Rake: $1.00)
Hah! I have had this exact hand happen to me before. Flop the concealed straight with 89s with a flush draw, and Villain (in this case you!) ends up making the higher straight with KQ. Absolute nightmare and very hard to get away from. Got stacked obviously. Sorry just had to mention it as it gave me a chuckle when I read through it.