Can We Fold In This Situation?

I was playing the 1/3 live game at the Horseshoe in Tunica last week when this hand came up. I am on the button when I pick up pocket jacks after a raise to $17 from middle position. I resraise to $60 and get a call from the big blind and a call from the original raiser. The flop comes Kh Jh 6d and the big blind bets it out for $120 and middle position calls. I think for a few seconds then shove for an additional $400. Of course I get called by both players with the big blind showing kings for top set and I don't catch the case jack. The other guy called the two way all in with AK off to be drawing dead to running aces.My question comes from my reads on the players. The original raiser had been open raising a lot of weak aces, but the big blind had been playing solid poker. How good of a read would you need to lay down middle set on this board or do we always go broke in this situation?

I was playing the 1/3 live game at the Horseshoe in Tunica last week when this hand came up. I am on the button when I pick up pocket jacks after a raise to $17 from middle position. I resraise to $60 and get a call from the big blind and a call from the original raiser. The flop comes Kh Jh 6d and the big blind bets it out for $120 and middle position calls. I think for a few seconds then shove for an additional $400. Of course I get called by both players with the big blind showing kings for top set and I don't catch the case jack. The other guy called the two way all in with AK off to be drawing dead to running aces.My question comes from my reads on the players. The original raiser had been open raising a lot of weak aces, but the big blind had been playing solid poker. How good of a read would you need to lay down middle set on this board or do we always go broke in this situation?
If Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey became sperm donators and they made a baby, with full soul reading skills.And this kid married Joe Navero's daughter, becoming Joe's favorite son in law. And Joe taught him all he knew and all there was to know about reading people.and you asked this guy what you should do on the flop when the action came to you.He would tell you to shove.Then he would shrug and say: That's poker"Jamie Gold would tell you to catch the J on the river.
You go broke as played.The only difference i would do is probably flatting the jacks preflop. I'm not sure if this is good or bad or what. I just typically don't 3bet jacks or less unless there's a player read/positional/etc. basis for it. As far as getting away from this particular hand, it would have been a good play (results oriented response) as I doubt the BB would flat the 17 buck raise with KK, if/when he pops it and the MP calls or 4 bets, right there would be the golden opportunity to exit stage right from the hand. Obv the position is a big premium in this hand...so I can see myself 3 betting here w/ the button, not taking jacks multiway with a potential blind call. Once this happens and this flop falls though, it's bye bye chips for you.
You go broke as played.The only difference i would do is probably flatting the jacks preflop. I'm not sure if this is good or bad or what. I just typically don't 3bet jacks or less unless there's a player read/positional/etc. basis for it. As far as getting away from this particular hand, it would have been a good play (results oriented response) as I doubt the BB would flat the 17 buck raise with KK, if/when he pops it and the MP calls or 4 bets, right there would be the golden opportunity to exit stage right from the hand. Obv the position is a big premium in this hand...so I can see myself 3 betting here w/ the button, not taking jacks multiway with a potential blind call. Once this happens and this flop falls though, it's bye bye chips for you.
I think that is where I screwed myself. I reraised preflop to isolate the original raiser. I did not expect a call from the bb for that much more. The way he had been playing I did expect him to reraise if he had a hand. Upon further thought, I realized that he was wanting middle position to four bet so he could shove.
I think that is where I screwed myself. I reraised preflop to isolate the original raiser. I did not expect a call from the bb for that much more. The way he had been playing I did expect him to reraise if he had a hand. Upon further thought, I realized that he was wanting middle position to four bet so he could shove.
Then BB could easily be playing AA the same way.You got coolered. Suck it up and deal with it, or stop playing poker.