Does anybody really think this poll was serious rather than a partisan attempt to smear conservatives? You don't, right? You are only pretending it's real because you like dissing FOX News, right?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More proof that universities have fallen in standards to the point of being shills for the democrat party and global warming fear malingerers.AND pot smoking hippy liberalsClass...your assignment for today is to prove that Fox News is really bad. You will only be graded positively if you can support what I already know to be the case, that republicans are dumb.Feel free to use this grant money donated by Moveon.org if the federal funds run out for your projects.
Does anybody really think this poll was serious rather than a partisan attempt to smear conservatives? You don't, right? You are only pretending it's real because you like dissing FOX News, right?
That part of the study was just a minor side-note and not the intent. I don't think it's even surprising and could have told you this without the study. Clearly Fox has alot of zealots watching that would believe in any kind of conspiracy they throw out and they obviously word things to manipulatet he audience as was seen in just relaeased memos by the network execs on how to phrase words and topics so as to give it a Republican or anti-democratic slant. They clearly throw journalistic integrity to the wayside. It's pretty much evidenced by the way conservatives jumped to slam what I posted despite facts, so um, thanks for validating some students hard work.http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/art...pnt=671&lb=

Fox was quick to use some facts to disparage the findings. I'm sure a quick survey of it's viewers will find it concrete evidence that the study was flawed, though they could have just asked BG yesterday since he said the same thing.

Fox News senior vice president for news Michael Clemente has responded to the study which found that his network's viewers are more misinformed about American political issues than any other channel. In a statement to the New York Times' Brian Stelter, Clemente disparaged the University of Maryland, where the study was done. "The latest Princeton Review ranked the University of Maryland among the top schools for having Students Who Study The Least and being the Best Party School given these fine academic distinctions, well regard the study with the same level of veracity it was researched with," Clemente said."For the record, the Princeton Review says the University of Maryland ranks among the 'Best Northeastern Colleges," Stelter notes. "It was No. 19 on the Reviews list of 'Best Party Schools.'"
So there ya have it. The study was obviously false. Everyone that goes to Maryland is a pot smoking liberal hippie that despises Republicans.

I was thinking a while back that I should start a company that's sole purpose is to grade polls for their levels of bias and scientific method.Start off grading all of them for free and allow the poll findings to place their grade on their findings. Polls done right and with good grades would proudly list their verification grades, ones that sucked would have their grade listed by their adversaries.After the grading system becomes an expected rating for all polls, you could then charge a company to grade their poll.Would put an end to stupid polls like this one that's for sure.Especially those extremely dumb ones where people only poll volunteers

I was thinking a while back that I should start a company that's sole purpose is to grade polls for their levels of bias and scientific method.Start off grading all of them for free and allow the poll findings to place their grade on their findings. Polls done right and with good grades would proudly list their verification grades, ones that sucked would have their grade listed by their adversaries.After the grading system becomes an expected rating for all polls, you could then charge a company to grade their poll.Would put an end to stupid polls like this one that's for sure.Especially those extremely dumb ones where people only poll volunteers
I was going to say we could start a company that would insure the polling results you desire but that market is already over-saturated I guess, so we'll have to go with yours or maybe a company that will guarantee that we can show other polling results are wrong.
I was going to say we could start a company that would insure the polling results you desire but that market is already over-saturated I guess, so we'll have to go with yours or maybe a company that will guarantee that we can show other polling results are wrong.
Actually a truly unbiased rating service is the only way to not see such bad polls getting national news and fooling the democrats uninformed