This Guy Is So Out Of His Mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAK_s91uDOk-the best hold'em player in the world BY FAR. -I don't even think they understand poker. (referring to Phil Ivey and Howard Lederer)There are a whole bunch of good nuggets in this one. He is so clueless!
He is right ...He has 10 bracelets and he does play above the rim in certain situations....

Daniel,This is Phil at his finest. IMO, pro poker, as a marketed entity, is based on all its personalities. Just be happy that you drew the role of the "normal, fun-loving" guy. Someone's got to be the ego-nut guy. For as good as Phil is in tourney play, it seems that he'll never totally get that at a certain point if you let your stack dip too deep, that a suckout isn't a true suckout. Ya know.Well my 2 cents after about 8 grey goose/sprites at my buddy's wedding.-MSPp.s. great clip tho!!

IMHO, don't feed the troll (Hellmuth).
QFTInteresting article on Daniel, I think he is a well rounded player and tries hard at the other games but is getting better at cash games not the greatest but is sure 100% better than Hellmuth's cash game.
Hey Daniel what do you think about this article on you and cash games? I'm not ragging on you I think you're a great player obv but I wanted your opinion. Thanks.http://alwaysbluff.com/poker/articles/negreanu-cash-games/
I always get a chuckle out of phrases like "My advice to Daniel is..." - I'm sure rich and famous people take unsolicited advice from no-names all the time.

This is two years ago now, right?I think Hellmuth has changed a bit now. Having seen some of the WSOP coverage and PAD he seems to have matured (a little) and certainly developed his play. Doesn't mean that he's still way out of line sometimes though.

I read the article and it's full of assumptions written as fact that are completely way off base. In regards to Full Contact Poker, for example, the site was doing amazingly well in just six months. What caused it's downfall? The UIGEA coupled with the OnGame network deciding to leave the U.S. FCP grew faster in six months than ANY other site. A failure? I don't think that's fair at all. No one could foresee the UIGEA being thrown out randomly as well as Ongame's decision to leave the US. As for my poker game, people today mostly have no clue how things were before the boom. Have essentially no clue what me, or Ivey used to play. Pre-boom all I did was play high stakes poker and tournaments. That's pretty much it. I won at both. I won at the highest levels against the best players in cash games. There were no big no limit games back then, it was all mixed games. When FCP launched and after, I did get really busy promoting the site and also traveling for tournaments which took time away from cash games. Eventually, I didn't have time to play regularly and would occasionally drop in and play the big game. From the age of 17 to about 28 I was always a cash game player first and foremost, that also excelled in tournaments. At the time there may have been a total of five players in the world who had success at both. It comes down to motivation. In his article he writes that it's even more impressive that Ivey excels in tournaments despite not always being motivated to play them, but when he does, he wins. It's really no different at all for me, the other way around. When I apply myself and play in Bobby's room I win. I just enjoy doing other things so much more than playing poker for money. Tournaments are kinda fun. Golf I love. Video games, fantasy sports, playing pool with friends, vegging and watching TV. If I needed to become a professional poker player again, and go back to the grindstone, I have precisely zero doubt that I'd be successful. I'm considering playing more cash again in December when I have a bit of free time in Vegas during the Bellagio tournament (too cold to golf). If anything bothers me, it's that people don't know the facts and make assumptions. I didn't play "mid-level" stakes ever. I played the biggest game in the room. Obviously I climbed a ladder first, around 2002-03 going from 200-400 up to 800-1600, but once I reached that level, I never, ever dropped back down below because I was able to win consistently. People see a few sessions of HSP where I ran bad, and it also affected my play and had me doing some weird things. That doesn't encompass who I am as a poker player or show what I'm capable of. It's a two day shoot. That's a season. I've certainly had more than my fair share of coolers on that show for big money, and that will affect anyone. They should be showing the PAD cash game session soon enough, and in that session I felt as though I played a little better. Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Durr, Gus Hanson, me, and Phil Hellmuth.

It comes down to motivation. In his article he writes that it's even more impressive that Ivey excels in tournaments despite not always being motivated to play them, but when he does, he wins. It's really no different at all for me, the other way around. When I apply myself and play in Bobby's room I win. I just enjoy doing other things so much more than playing poker for money. Tournaments are kinda fun. Golf I love. Video games, fantasy sports, playing pool with friends, vegging and watching TV.
That's exactly right. Not to mention when push comes to shove as far as other people's thoughts (founded or not)...... I'd just say fuck 'em.I think anyone that's making material assumptions on you based on a HSP show or two are the same people that are just creep fanboys anyways. As long as you are enjoying life, everything else is details.
They should be showing the PAD cash game session soon enough, and in that session I felt as though I played a little better. Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Durr, Gus Hanson, me, and Phil Hellmuth.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23134116/ns/...s-poker_on_nbc/Week of December 7 - NEW SHOW (Railbird Heaven Cash Game #1)Patrik Antonius, Daniel Negreanu, Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, Phil HellmuthWeek of December 14 - NEW SHOW (Railbird Heaven Cash Game #2)Tom Dwan, Gus Hansen, David Peat, Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, Patrik Antonius,

It just frustrates me so much that people draw conclusions like this every single day, not just about you Daniel but about all celebrities. They do exactly the same thing in all the tabloids, "A source says this...a close friend says that...recent rumors say this...oh look, Brittney is eating a hamburger…she’s obviously fat...” I mean it's just so ridiculous the stuff they say about people like you, claiming the craziest things and basing it on absolutely nothing. Who are these sources? Where are you getting this information? It just makes me feel so sick, really. I apologise on behalf of the human race.

This is a good summery post.Anybody that reseached Daniel at all before writing an article should know this stuff.The games have changed since the start of 2005 I'd say and again in mid-late 08' A lot of players started to try to market themselves and play tourneys instead of play cash around that time it seems.

I read the article and it's full of assumptions written as fact that are completely way off base. In regards to Full Contact Poker, for example, the site was doing amazingly well in just six months. What caused it's downfall? The UIGEA coupled with the OnGame network deciding to leave the U.S. FCP grew faster in six months than ANY other site. A failure? I don't think that's fair at all. No one could foresee the UIGEA being thrown out randomly as well as Ongame's decision to leave the US. As for my poker game, people today mostly have no clue how things were before the boom. Have essentially no clue what me, or Ivey used to play. Pre-boom all I did was play high stakes poker and tournaments. That's pretty much it. I won at both. I won at the highest levels against the best players in cash games. There were no big no limit games back then, it was all mixed games. When FCP launched and after, I did get really busy promoting the site and also traveling for tournaments which took time away from cash games. Eventually, I didn't have time to play regularly and would occasionally drop in and play the big game. From the age of 17 to about 28 I was always a cash game player first and foremost, that also excelled in tournaments. At the time there may have been a total of five players in the world who had success at both. It comes down to motivation. In his article he writes that it's even more impressive that Ivey excels in tournaments despite not always being motivated to play them, but when he does, he wins. It's really no different at all for me, the other way around. When I apply myself and play in Bobby's room I win. I just enjoy doing other things so much more than playing poker for money. Tournaments are kinda fun. Golf I love. Video games, fantasy sports, playing pool with friends, vegging and watching TV. If I needed to become a professional poker player again, and go back to the grindstone, I have precisely zero doubt that I'd be successful. I'm considering playing more cash again in December when I have a bit of free time in Vegas during the Bellagio tournament (too cold to golf). If anything bothers me, it's that people don't know the facts and make assumptions. I didn't play "mid-level" stakes ever. I played the biggest game in the room. Obviously I climbed a ladder first, around 2002-03 going from 200-400 up to 800-1600, but once I reached that level, I never, ever dropped back down below because I was able to win consistently. People see a few sessions of HSP where I ran bad, and it also affected my play and had me doing some weird things. That doesn't encompass who I am as a poker player or show what I'm capable of. It's a two day shoot. That's a season. I've certainly had more than my fair share of coolers on that show for big money, and that will affect anyone. They should be showing the PAD cash game session soon enough, and in that session I felt as though I played a little better. Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Durr, Gus Hanson, me, and Phil Hellmuth.
This is a good summery post.Anybody that reseached Daniel at all before writing an article should know this stuff.The games have changed since the start of 2005 I'd say and again in mid-late 08' A lot of players started to try to market themselves and play tourneys instead of play cash around that time it seems.
Cool avatar...
This just tilts me so bad.How you can write that and just expect everyone to follow you and let you get away with it.Man you have really lost touch and who knows what is going to happen to you...It's NEVER too cold to golf in the desert...