Mac Or Pc

Depends what you need it for, if you are an advanced used using specialized programs has to be windows. Regular people can use a Mac.If you get a PC wait for windows 7 to come out next month first.

Depends what you need it for, if you are an advanced user using specialized programs then use whatever platform you need for those, as things like Final Cut Pro, Shake, and other applications are Mac-Only, and Windows machines aren't the only ones that use specialized applications.If you get a PC get Linux
FYP.

All things being equal, Macs are more user-friendly and the virus threat is virtually zero.That said, all things are rarely equal. Is cost an issue? Macs can be upwards of double the cost of a similarly powered PC. What, specifically, will you use your computer for? If you're a big gamer, get a PC, many won't run on Macs. If you do graphic design, get a Mac.The more detail you give, the better the advice. I used a mac almost exclusively for nearly 20 years and have been using a PC for the last year, exclusively.

All things being equal, Macs are more user-friendly and the virus threat is virtually zero.That said, all things are rarely equal. Is cost an issue? Macs can be upwards of double the cost of a similarly powered PC. What, specifically, will you use your computer for? If you're a big gamer, get a PC, many won't run on Macs. If you do graphic design, get a Mac.The more detail you give, the better the advice. I used a mac almost exclusively for nearly 20 years and have been using a PC for the last year, exclusively.
Just got my new mac for less than $1300 (laptop), similarly powered PC is about $1100 for anything remotely stable in terms of hardware, and it does everything I need to in terms of power (3D modeling/rotoscoping). As much as you've said you've used a Mac, I doubt you've paid attention to the facts instead of the garglemesh that gets thrown around.
Just got my new mac for less than $1300 (laptop), similarly powered PC is about $1100 for anything remotely stable in terms of hardware, and it does everything I need to in terms of power (3D modeling/rotoscoping). As much as you've said you've used a Mac, I doubt you've paid attention to the facts instead of the garglemesh that gets thrown around.
This sentence was awesome....Laptops are a totally different animal than desktops. If you are definitely buying a laptop the question is going to be, what are you using it for. If you are buying a desktop then there isn't a question. PC is the only intelligent option... unless you hate money.
This sentence was awesome....Laptops are a totally different animal than desktops. If you are definitely buying a laptop the question is going to be, what are you using it for. If you are buying a desktop then there isn't a question. PC is the only intelligent option... unless you hate money.
Or you're in the graphic design, video composition, etc industry. But I do agree, if it's a desktop, unless you're in a specific industry, PC is your best bet but probably with Linux, just because it is more stable, cheaper, and a ton more customizable.Buying a PC laptop is essentially a death sentence for your money though. In the past 7 years, I've watched close friends and family go through a PC laptop a year, while I'm on my 2nd Mac (which I just purchased in the last couple months)
macvspcbikepj2.jpg
Oh look! Macs trumped PCs in benchmark tests across the board! AGAIN!http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology...725.html?page=1
Depends what you need it for, if you are an advanced used using specialized programs has to be windows. Regular people can use a Mac.If you get a PC wait for windows 7 to come out next month first.
Almost everything seems to be coming with free Win 7 upgrades anyway, but I think it comes out in 2 days.I have Windows 7 on the laptop now, and it's pretty damn nice. It's got some of the newer Vista features (Dock, Widgets...) but with all the benefits of XP. (Speed and ease of use.... I like having Windows Explorer back)
Oh look! Macs trumped PCs in benchmark tests across the board! AGAIN!http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology...725.html?page=1
As soon as I saw they tested a Gateway with 3GB RAM and Vista, I stopped reading. And I have nothing against Mac, but come on, they tested the retarded cousin PC.
Almost everything seems to be coming with free Win 7 upgrades anyway, but I think it comes out in 2 days.I have Windows 7 on the laptop now, and it's pretty damn nice. It's got some of the newer Vista features (Dock, Widgets...) but with all the benefits of XP. (Speed and ease of use.... I like having Windows Explorer back)
It only took Microsoft a couple of years to figure out how to copy those from Apple? Welcome to 2007.
As soon as I saw they tested a Gateway with 3GB RAM and Vista, I stopped reading. And I have nothing against Mac, but come on, they tested the retarded cousin PC.
Then my question to you is...is there a retarded cousin Mac to test that Gateway against?
I have an old Imac in the closet that no longer starts. 3G Imac I think.
I have an old LC that still runs, as well as a few G3s and my G4 Powerbook that still runs fine other than my idiot self screwing up the wireless card, but that one was my fault. Also have an iBook G3 that still ran fine but I gave to my grandmother. Are those about equivalents?
I have an old LC that still runs, as well as a few G3s and my G4 Powerbook that still runs fine other than my idiot self screwing up the wireless card, but that one was my fault. Also have an iBook G3 that still ran fine but I gave to my grandmother. Are those about equivalents?
Taking this all way too seriously.
hahah... did you see the PC's that they did this 'test' with! Hahaha...EDIT: suited up beat me to it.
hahah... did you see the PC's that they did this 'test' with! Hahaha...EDIT: suited up beat me to it.
Yeah? So where's the whole cost argument if these PCs aren't good enough, so you need the more expensive ones to get remotely close to Mac speed and performance?

build and do this:http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow...ne=true&s=xinstall snow leopard, win7, and some form of linux, and then use whichever you want for whatever you want.as a matter of personal opinion:i use windows for poker.i prefer (but cannot use--stolen macbook :club:) the mac os for web browsing, email, and chatting (adium is omg awesome for all IM clients).i use kubuntu for anything that requires security (and also email, currently, but i'd prefer to use a mac for that).