The Official Phil Kessel Thread

Again, the point is being missed: Sure, you could definately argue that Kessel is as good or better than everyone in those 13-18 lists. At least from the select few years that serge has shown, I'm sure that there are other years where you could find some hall of famers in that range.. But... Like Daniel said, is Phil Kessel going to win you the cup this year? No. Is he going to win it next year? No. If the leafs didn't take phil kessel, drafted well, and continued to stock college prospects, could they be in a position both talent wise and salary wise in 4 years or so to pick up Phil Kessel as a free agent, when he'd be that much better if he continues, or possibly way worse due to injuries or whatever? And THEN be in a position to make a cup run? Your stud player doesn't win it for you. You need a huge supportiing cast, and the leafs are no where close. That's where those draft picks come in to play. Phil Kessel, or players of his calibre, will be available in three years. The leafs arent winning the cup this year. Or next year. So why waste those picks when you can STILL get kessel when you need him down the road, at less risk? It's not like he's a bargain at 5.4 million a season and two first round draft picks.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kessel has some sort of social anxiety disorder. If the Leafs want to get him counselling for that, fine, but if his knees buckle at the site of 300 reporters in a scrum come playoff time, and he back

I have a feeling that if your team had been in the playoffs 22 yrs your media would still be stupid.

Check out LA and Atlanta...
Not that I'm trying to sidetrack this discussion but I think LA gets closer every day to being ripe for contending and being a major force (BELANGER!?). They've done a great job and have some real good talent on that team, some of it is young but they've got all the tools you need with some real break out players (Kopitar/Brown) and huge skill guys, and a guy like Simmonds who isn't going to be flashy but grinds hard every game. Their defense has a real good core to it, and they have some young guys just ready to surprise (Purcell). The battle between Quick and Ersberg has only made the both of them better and more focused, and if Bernier shows a leap in development they've got another real good one in the waiting.
your theory doesnt work anymore...The Pittsburgh and Ottawa tanking is a thing of the past..Check out LA and Atlanta...I think you understand that Phil Kessel, is not like the previous acquisitions of Nolan,Roberts,Leetch,Francis....Kessel is not old in any sense of the word...Just so you know the Leafs currently have the best defence in the division, if not the conference...I dont think that is up for debate..If you want fun, you should of seen the Leafs game tonight..While it was an exbition, it was an exciting game..I give you 5 months, you will be back on the bandwagon..Ill even get you a Kessel jersey...
No you are wrong! It works better now than it ever did. There is less player movement today than years ago so you better draft well:LOS ANGELES: In the past, LA made the mistake of mortgaging their future in the hopes of winning now and it cost them a lot of ugly years much like the ones the Leafs are experiencing now. In the last few years they've REALLY been committed to a youth movement, and my oh my, do they know have a bevy of talent! They are uber young, stocked on defense with high end talent, and have a goalie in the works for the future. They need more scoring depth, but once the team matures another year or two, they can add that via free agency and challenge for a division title. LA is closer to being an elite team than the Leafs and that's not even close.ATLANTA: They suffer from another problem- they need to fill seats. In order to do that, they (along with Columbus) have rushed the building process and jumped the gun. They made just awful deadline deals for rent-a-players and mortgaged their future. They are an absolute mess right now. They aren't "tanking" on purpose, they ended up there because they weren't committed to a youth movement like they should have been. NY ISLANDERS: They are at the bottom of the league and will be there the next few years. They suck... but it's exciting! They have an opportunity to build a great franchise arounf Tavares, Okposo, etc. These aren't mediocre talents that the Leafs boast, these are high end guys that could be among the league's best.TORONTO- They are starting to move towards a youth movement and that's a good thing, but they can do a lot more. I call it a mediocre youth movement. They have no Tavares, Ovechkin, Crosby, Iginla, Stall, Thorton, Malkin, type player on the farm. Kadri could be a good one, but he's a high end tier two superstar. They've done a good job getting some collegiate talent. Great moves, but these guys don't have a high ceiling in terms of potential. Good second line players... the whole team is full of guys who could be that. The team lacks the youth to score on the top line. Mediocre all around. What that does is make them more competitive than Atlanta and the Islanders. They'll be in a lot of close games. They'll flirt with a playoff birth... but a team like this is just so far behind the 8-ball in terms of reaching elite status. If they move Kaberle NOW!!!! That would go along way to helping them potentially get better. He must be traded now or once again he's lost for... nothing. Just like Sundin.PHILADELPHIA: Take a lesson from these guys. They were awful one year, and what did they do? Kaboom, they blew up the team and fleeced Atlanta. In ONE year they turned it around because they accepted the fact that they needed to go young all the way. Will the Leafs? I'll buy it when I see it,..
Like I said, Kessel's health is enough concern for me to raise a red flag. But on a more reasonable note.... It's funny that leaf fans have no regard for the value of a draft pick. That's because they have drafted absolutely horrifically for the past 30 years. I think that's why leaf fans dont mind giving up two first round picks. But I think if you ask Pittsburgh fans, or Chicago fans, or, heaven forbid, Detroit fans what they think two first round picks are worth, you would get a vastly different answer...
I'm pretty sure Detroit has traded away as many or more 1st round picks in the last 10 years than Toronto has (this kessel trade may have pushed the leafs ahead in that regard, but it is close)Daniel, I feel you are vastly underrating the Leafs' prospect-base right now. Your comments/opinions in this thread feel like they are transplanted from 2005.Also, I love how everybody is using examples such as toews, kane, Malkin, and Crosby to argue the value of a first round pick. Those picks are an anomaly. I'd say about 1% of first round picks end up becoming as good as Phil Kessel is right now. maybe 1 in 1000 become as good as malin or Crosby.As long as we are making ridiculous comparisons: Hab fans, how many of you would trade Kyle Chipchurra + Guillame Letandresse for Phill Kessel right now? just saying...
Not that I'm trying to sidetrack this discussion but I think LA gets closer every day to being ripe for contending and being a major force (BELANGER!?). They've done a great job and have some real good talent on that team, some of it is young but they've got all the tools you need with some real break out players (Kopitar/Brown) and huge skill guys, and a guy like Simmonds who isn't going to be flashy but grinds hard every game. Their defense has a real good core to it, and they have some young guys just ready to surprise (Purcell). The battle between Quick and Ersberg has only made the both of them better and more focused, and if Bernier shows a leap in development they've got another real good one in the waiting.
Since we've been talking about LA, here's what is happening. Remember that last year the Kings late in the season added Jason Williams from Carolina a guy who has scored 70 points in a season twice and will be on the top line. Along with Ryan Smyth who was added in the off season, this has formed the top line of Smyth-Kopitar-Williams. Moving on to the 2nd line Jarret Stoll is finally going to get into some preseason games next week most likely Tuesday in Kansas City against the Islanders. Teddy Purcell has looked very strong this preseason and had a good first game on Tuesday night. On the other side is Dustin Brown, who if this all works will hopefully can get back to scoring around 30 goals.I personally think the Kings third line is solid. Michal Handzus had an awful year two seasons ago and he had a very underrated season last year. 18 goals isn't bad at all considering that he was the third line center. Jordan Staal had 22 for Pittsburgh last season. Now Simmonds has a year on his belt and if he can score a couple of more goals which I believe he can it will really benefit the Kings. Now the surprise person on this line is Alexander Frolov who is coming off a 30 goal year and could really add depth to this line(That if he's not traded before the season starts and I really think he will be. I've been hearing a lot of rumors). Now the fourth line is really a toss up but most likely we'll see Peter Harrold, Raitis Ivanans and Trevor Lewis. That's my best guess but that whole fourth line is really up in the air.The defense is improved compared to last year. Adding Rob Scuderi will be better than having Denis Gauthier in the line up. Not to mention that Jack Johnson has so far looked amazing in the preseason.<iframe width="480" height="289" frameborder="0" src="http://kings.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?catid=731&id=46512"></iframe>We all hope that Drew Doughty takes the next step and we all believe that he can. If he can be as dominate he was last year then he'll have another good year and he should have a lot of points this season if this happens. He'll probably be with Sean O'Donnell again who is still solid at least in my mind.Matt Greene will be back and it looks like the 6th spot is either going to be Davis Drewiske and or Thomas Hickey. Personally I think Davis Drewiske has the step up in the battle but Hickey is a smooth defenseman.Jon Quick is a solid goalie but he will be the biggest question mark about the Kings. If he preforms well the Kings will have their best shot. Ersberg will most likely be the back up by Jonathan Bernier is getting a lot of playing time so far this preseason.Here's some team stats last season.Shots against per game- Kings ranked T-4th in the NHL at 28.1 shots against per game. Only behind San Jose, Detroit and Columbus. PP- 14thPK- 7thThe Kings maybe closer than what some people think.Smyth-Kopitar-WilliamsStoll-Purcell-BrownFrolov-Handzus-SimmondsHarrold-Lewis-IvanansDoughty-O'DonnellJohnson-ScuderiDrewiske-GreeneQuickErsberg
Since we've been talking about LA, here's what is happening. Remember that last year the Kings late in the season added Jason Williams from Carolina a guy who has scored 70 points in a season twice and will be on the top line. Along with Ryan Smyth who was added in the off season, this has formed the top line of Smyth-Kopitar-Williams. Moving on to the 2nd line Jarret Stoll is finally going to get into some preseason games next week most likely Tuesday in Kansas City against the Islanders. Teddy Purcell has looked very strong this preseason and had a good first game on Tuesday night. On the other side is Dustin Brown, who if this all works will hopefully can get back to scoring around 30 goals.I personally think the Kings third line is solid. Michal Handzus had an awful year two seasons ago and he had a very underrated season last year. 18 goals isn't bad at all considering that he was the third line center. Jordan Staal had 22 for Pittsburgh last season. Now Simmonds has a year on his belt and if he can score a couple of more goals which I believe he can it will really benefit the Kings. Now the surprise person on this line is Alexander Frolov who is coming off a 30 goal year and could really add depth to this line(That if he's not traded before the season starts and I really think he will be. I've been hearing a lot of rumors). Now the fourth line is really a toss up but most likely we'll see Peter Harrold, Raitis Ivanans and Trevor Lewis. That's my best guess but that whole fourth line is really up in the air.The defense is improved compared to last year. Adding Rob Scuderi will be better than having Denis Gauthier in the line up. Not to mention that Jack Johnson has so far looked amazing in the preseason.We all hope that Drew Doughty takes the next step and we all believe that he can. If he can be as dominate he was last year then he'll have another good year and he should have a lot of points this season if this happens. He'll probably be with Sean O'Donnell again who is still solid at least in my mind.Matt Greene will be back and it looks like the 6th spot is either going to be Davis Drewiske and or Thomas Hickey. Personally I think Davis Drewiske has the step up in the battle but Hickey is a smooth defenseman.Jon Quick is a solid goalie but he will be the biggest question mark about the Kings. If he preforms well the Kings will have their best shot. Ersberg will most likely be the back up by Jonathan Bernier is getting a lot of playing time so far this preseason.Here's some team stats last season.Shots against per game- Kings ranked T-4th in the NHL at 28.1 shots against per game. Only behind San Jose, Detroit and Columbus. PP- 14thPK- 7thThe Kings maybe closer than what some people think.Smyth-Kopitar-WilliamsStoll-Purcell-BrownFrolov-Handzus-SimmondsHarrold-Lewis-IvanansDoughty-O'DonnellJohnson-ScuderiDrewiske-GreeneQuickErsberg
I totally forgot about Williams and Smyth! Dang that team is definitely better than the Leafs now and in the future.
I'm pretty sure Detroit has traded away as many or more 1st round picks in the last 10 years than Toronto has (this kessel trade may have pushed the leafs ahead in that regard, but it is close)Daniel, I feel you are vastly underrating the Leafs' prospect-base right now. Your comments/opinions in this thread feel like they are transplanted from 2005.Also, I love how everybody is using examples such as toews, kane, Malkin, and Crosby to argue the value of a first round pick. Those picks are an anomaly. I'd say about 1% of first round picks end up becoming as good as Phil Kessel is right now. maybe 1 in 1000 become as good as malin or Crosby.As long as we are making ridiculous comparisons: Hab fans, how many of you would trade Kyle Chipchurra + Guillame Letandresse for Phill Kessel right now? just saying...
No, I get what you are saying, their youth is better now than it has been. Best in years for sure... but it should, and could be better. I'd rather take my shot with three high picks than a guy with a bad attitude and a bum shoulder who will be a cancer in the locker room. That's uber important when it comes to chemistry and winning. Kessel has been a bad apple for years.
No, I get what you are saying, their youth is better now than it has been. Best in years for sure... but it should, and could be better. I'd rather take my shot with three high picks than a guy with a bad attitude and a bum shoulder who will be a cancer in the locker room. That's uber important when it comes to chemistry and winning. Kessel has been a bad apple for years.
I think the 'bad attitude" argument has been mostly manufactured due to recent events, but none of us really know, so I don't think we can speculate on that. And I would hardly call him injury prone, unless you count testicular cancer as an injury. testicular cancer is the most common and least dangerous type of cancer for men, and usually manifests itself in the mid-20's. I don't think any Leafs GM has the luxury of doing a slow rebuild as you (and many other Leaf fans) would like. There is too much pressure from the fans, and the upper management to win NOW. Given this, I think Burke is doing a good job of appeasing both sides. He is trying to win now, but I don't think he is really mortgaging the future as past GM's have. This isn't a 1st rounder + brad boyes + alyn mcauley for 1 year of Owen Nolan kind of trade. This isn't a first rounder + shawn Mattias for Todd bertuzzi kind of deal (cough, detroit in 2007). This may not be the BEST way to rebuild, but it's not the worst either.Yes, the deal is a big gamble, but so is any draft pick. Also, the one big advantage to this deal is it finally puts an end to the ridiculous 'tank nation' "fan"base. at least we know every Leafs fan will actually be cheering for them to win this year.
This isn't a first rounder + shawn Mattias for Todd bertuzzi kind of deal (cough, detroit in 2007).
Pretty sure that was a conditional pick, I may be wrong because I have not looked it up, but I vividly remember it being a conditional pick.
I think the 'bad attitude" argument has been mostly manufactured due to recent events, but none of us really know, so I don't think we can speculate on that. And I would hardly call him injury prone, unless you count testicular cancer as an injury. testicular cancer is the most common and least dangerous type of cancer for men, and usually manifests itself in the mid-20's. I don't think any Leafs GM has the luxury of doing a slow rebuild as you (and many other Leaf fans) would like. There is too much pressure from the fans, and the upper management to win NOW. Given this, I think Burke is doing a good job of appeasing both sides. He is trying to win now, but I don't think he is really mortgaging the future as past GM's have. This isn't a 1st rounder + brad boyes + alyn mcauley for 1 year of Owen Nolan kind of trade. This isn't a first rounder + shawn Mattias for Todd bertuzzi kind of deal (cough, detroit in 2007). This may not be the BEST way to rebuild, but it's not the worst either.Yes, the deal is a big gamble, but so is any draft pick. Also, the one big advantage to this deal is it finally puts an end to the ridiculous 'tank nation' "fan"base. at least we know every Leafs fan will actually be cheering for them to win this year.
I'm not hating on Burke at all, in fact, I think he's great. I'm hating on the "pressure" you point out because the fact is this: fans in Toronto may bitch and complain that they want to win now, but unlike any other city, Leafs brass should know this: win or lose, the stands are packed!!! The only pressure comes from that hideous board of directors who are looking at their bottom line and understand that playoff games=more money. I'm 100% right about this. I'll bet that if it was TRULY up to Burke Kaberle would be gonzo. As for Kessel's attitude it's been in question since he was like 17! It's not new, it's only being mentioned now. I've been around enough athletes/celebs to know that if there is THAT much smoke the fire burns way hotter than it appears.
I'm pretty sure Detroit has traded away as many or more 1st round picks in the last 10 years than Toronto has (this kessel trade may have pushed the leafs ahead in that regard, but it is close)
Yes, I'm pretty sure they have too. But how many deep playoff runs and stanley cups do they have in those ten years? You're SUPPOSED to trade away a draft pickt to put you over the top, and detroit has done it brilliantly. There's a big difference....HUGE difference....between giving up a first rounder to give you a shot at 8th and giving up a first rounder to get your name on the Cup....
I'm sure I'll get the obligatory "yeah sure" responses but I wouldn't make that trade as a Habs fan. Kessel is not the type of player the Habs need right now especially at almost $5.5 million. Latendresse is a developing power forward contrary to what some may think on these boards. If Pacioretty continues to develop at the rate he is then I would probably make this trade because he could be used to replace Latendresse. Kessel is a smallish, young player with loads of offensive potential...the Habs already have a couple of those. Also, if the Habs were a (potential) 30+ goal scorer away from competing for the Cup then I would gladly give up some draft picks for Kessel.
Yes, I'm pretty sure they have too. But how many deep playoff runs and stanley cups do they have in those ten years? You're SUPPOSED to trade away a draft pickt to put you over the top, and detroit has done it brilliantly. There's a big difference....HUGE difference....between giving up a first rounder to give you a shot at 8th and giving up a first rounder to get your name on the Cup....
Nobody is saying the Leafs haven't made a boatload of retarded trades over the years. Quinn and JFJ crippled us and it is one of the reasons we have missed the playoffs for 4 straight years. however, trading for a 21 year old forward and signing him to a 5-year contract is not even in the same ballpark of idiocy as the owen nolan trade, or vesa toskala, or andrew raycroft, etc... You are comparing apples to oranges here.
Nobody is saying the Leafs haven't made a boatload of retarded trades over the years. Quinn and JFJ crippled us and it is one of the reasons we have missed the playoffs for 4 straight years. however, trading for a 21 year old forward and signing him to a 5-year contract is not even in the same ballpark of idiocy as the owen nolan trade, or vesa toskala, or andrew raycroft, etc... You are comparing apples to oranges here.
This is my argument exactly. Equating the 90s trades of picks for rentals to this trade shows the small mindedness of the person arguing the facts.

FWIW I think the trade is very even, Toronto did what they needed to do getting a young winger with 40-40 potential (let's not kid ourselves and think he's going to be Heatley, because he's not) and Boston did what they could to get a decent return on a player they couldn't sign anyway. This trade isn't anything like the idiocy Toronto has been guilty of in the past, my opinion. It's a good one for the Leafs.

FWIW I think the trade is very even, Toronto did what they needed to do getting a young winger with 40-40 potential (let's not kid ourselves and think he's going to be Heatley, because he's not) and Boston did what they could to get a decent return on a player they couldn't sign anyway. This trade isn't anything like the idiocy Toronto has been guilty of in the past, my opinion. It's a good one for the Leafs.
Interesting stat, that I can't now find the reference for. Was on a Leafs blog.Measured by goals per 60 minutes, Kessel's goals-scoring drops 40% when Marc Savard on the ice. Not exactly surprising, but sobering. So, unless the Leafs plan to acquire Savard or manage to pry Ron Francis or Paul Coffey out of Muskoka, that translates into 22 goals next year.So, the Leafs have paid more than $5 Million and given up 3 high picks for a guy not statistically likely to break 25 goals or 50 points next year.
Interesting stat, that I can't now find the reference for. Was on a Leafs blog.Measured by goals per 60 minutes, Kessel's goals-scoring drops 40% when Marc Savard on the ice. Not exactly surprising, but sobering. So, unless the Leafs plan to acquire Savard or manage to pry Ron Francis or Paul Coffey out of Muskoka, that translates into 22 goals next year.So, the Leafs have paid more than $5 Million and given up 3 high picks for a guy not statistically likely to break 25 goals or 50 points next year.
lol..you arent serious right??Ill take that bet for any amount of money if i think i understand what you are saying..Also i would like you to define 3 high picks??
There are other guys besides Marc Savard who can dish the puck from center, and while it's true that Toronto doesn't have one on the team for this season they'll certainly make that a priority.
lol..you arent serious right??Ill take that bet for any amount of money if i think i understand what you are saying..Also i would like you to define 3 high picks??
What?The math here is pretty simple. I have no clue what you're saying.40th overall is a pretty decent pick. The Leaf picks could certainly be top-10, and will almost certainly be top-15. Those are at least 2 high picks.
There are other guys besides Marc Savard who can dish the puck from center, and while it's true that Toronto doesn't have one on the team for this season they'll certainly make that a priority.
The other guys we have are probably equal or worse (highly arguable) than who Kessel was playing with on the Bruins when he was sans Savard.I hope you're right that it will be a priority.
What?The math here is pretty simple. I have no clue what you're saying.40th overall is a pretty decent pick. The Leaf picks could certainly be top-10, and will almost certainly be top-15. Those are at least 2 high picks.The other guys we have are probably equal or worse (highly arguable) than who Kessel was playing with on the Bruins when he was sans Savard.I hope you're right that it will be a priority.
You are saying that without Savard Kessel will be a 22 goal scorer??I posted a link earlier in the thread that shows all of his 42 goals last year..Just study to see how many of them are Gretzky setting up Dave Semenko style goals, and how many are highlight reel shots, breakaways and just pretty goals..You maybe surprised.Saying that Kessel's production will decrease by 40% is doing him a very big disservice. You can make stats say anything you want, and i think that is a very weak stat to be honest.Burke has said that there is NO CHANCE the pick will be in top 10, and he has made sure that his goal is to make the playoffs, which I dont think you disagree, barring unforeseen serious injuries that is a very good possibility.The 1st round picks will most like be from 13-18 like i had predicted..13 being a disaster season...18 being a normal season..If things click the pick can actually be as low as 20th..Everything a GM does is a gamble...From a simple waiver pick up to a major franchise changing blockbuster trade.What Burke has made is a very good trade.dont analyze too much, just enjoy the season with all us Leaf fans together ..Its going to be a fun one.
You are saying that without Savard Kessel will be a 22 goal scorer??I posted a link earlier in the thread that shows all of his 42 goals last year..Just study to see how many of them are Gretzky setting up Dave Semenko style goals, and how many are highlight reel shots, breakaways and just pretty goals..You maybe surprised.Saying that Kessel's production will decrease by 40% is doing him a very big disservice. You can make stats say anything you want, and i think that is a very weak stat to be honest.Burke has said that there is NO CHANCE the pick will be in top 10, and he has made sure that his goal is to make the playoffs, which I dont think you disagree, barring unforeseen serious injuries that is a very good possibility.The 1st round picks will most like be from 13-18 like i had predicted..13 being a disaster season...18 being a normal season..If things click the pick can actually be as low as 20th..Everything a GM does is a gamble...From a simple waiver pick up to a major franchise changing blockbuster trade.What Burke has made is a very good trade.dont analyze too much, just enjoy the season with all us Leaf fans together ..Its going to be a fun one.
I like stats. Stats are a lot more descriptive than 15 seconds of footage on a quarter of the ice. The stats say that, when Kessel was on the ice without Savard, his scoring pace can be pro-rated to 22 goals per season.Not a totally fair stat - most people's stats would decrease when they were not with their regular linemate, even if the new linemate was similar or slightly better. Familiarity helps. Still, it is telling.I actually agree the Leaf picks will be in the middle. Our defence is very strong, and we are going to be a nasty team to play. Unfortunately, I forsee a fair amount of dirty play, which I don't agree with. If the goaltending holds up though, we might sneak into the playoffs.I'll be rooting for the Leafs, and Kessel could be good, but I have no doubt this was an overpayment considering the risks involved.
I like stats. Stats are a lot more descriptive than 15 seconds of footage on a quarter of the ice. The stats say that, when Kessel was on the ice without Savard, his scoring pace can be pro-rated to 22 goals per season.Not a totally fair stat - most people's stats would decrease when they were not with their regular linemate, even if the new linemate was similar or slightly better. Familiarity helps. Still, it is telling.I actually agree the Leaf picks will be in the middle. Our defence is very strong, and we are going to be a nasty team to play. Unfortunately, I forsee a fair amount of dirty play, which I don't agree with. If the goaltending holds up though, we might sneak into the playoffs.I'll be rooting for the Leafs, and Kessel could be good, but I have no doubt this was an overpayment considering the risks involved.
You know what, I never even thought of THIS train of thought.... every hockey player will tell you, shoulder injuries are by FAR the worst to deal with. They keep recurring, and you can't do much about them once they start. Shoulder injuries in hockey are endemic to big hits. How many times do you see a big bodycheck, and the guy that got hit skates away with his arm hanging, never to be seen again. Now... the leafs have put together an excellent defense. Very tough, and VERY dirty, especially with Exelby, Komisarek and Beauchemin. They are going to be dishing out a LOT of big hits. Now giving big hits causes big hits to be given. And if you're going to target someone for retaliation, you usually pick the best player on the other team. Guess who that is? Now, this is a lot of theory, but thinking it through, I wouldnt be at ALL surprised to see Kessel come back, last a month, and then go out again as a result of a hit. And, seriously... I hope I'm wrong. But it's kinda like starting a bar fight when one of your friends already has a concussion....