PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB is a pretty solid player so far. With SB ripping through this hand at every opportunity and BB tagging along, should I slow down somewhere before the river or ram and jam?Preflop: Hero is Button with 2club.gif, Qclub.gif6 folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero callsFlop: (9 SB) Jclub.gif, 10club.gif, 8club.gif(3 players)SB bets, BB raises, Hero calls, SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero caps, SB calls, BB callsTurn: (10.5 BB) 2diamond.gif(3 players)SB bets, BB calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero callsRiver: (19.5 BB) 7diamond.gif(3 players)SB bets, 1 fold, Hero callsTotal pot: $86 (21.5 BB) | Rake: $3

wow im so suprised BB folded out on the river, that is at least one club probably folded out. Maybe he was chasing like a st8 flush or something. Uhm line looks fine i just don't think we beat a ton here but we still have the third nuts and nothing else came. I guess i would just be hoping BB folded out a good club but that is a double edged sword because it takes some hands we wish SB has possibly out of play. Wow, this really is a weird spot i think you just have to call and hope he had a naked A of clubs. Do you think solid player could even call with that thou on the river? If we raise he dumps unless he beats us, i mean unless he puts us on a naked Kx clubs i guess, ( i mean this pot is so big a river reraise still gives him amazing odds but i just have to think he knows he is beat right? I am truly asking because i have not a clue if he would or not) so just save the possible amount of times we face a better flush and call it i don't see but a very thin amount of value missed if he has one of the like 3 or 4 hands we could possibly, in theory, get value from so i think you have maxed out value on river. I mean you flopped the third nuts and got a ton of bets thrown in lets just hope we win. Crazy ass limit hand.

Your line looks good to me, but I get scared easy. I'm putting villain on a set here a lot of the time, but not enough to raise the river after a 3bet turn. Then again, what possible hands could he have that beat us that 3bet pf? AcKc, Ac9c? Does AXs 3bet against a steal from sb a lot at this level?

wow im so suprised BB folded out on the river, that is at least one club probably folded out. Maybe he was chasing like a st8 flush or something. Uhm line looks fine i just don't think we beat a ton here but we still have the third nuts and nothing else came. I guess i would just be hoping BB folded out a good club but that is a double edged sword because it takes some hands we wish SB has possibly out of play. Wow, this really is a weird spot i think you just have to call and hope he had a naked A of clubs. Do you think solid player could even call with that thou on the river? If we raise he dumps unless he beats us, i mean unless he puts us on a naked Kx clubs i guess, ( i mean this pot is so big a river reraise still gives him amazing odds but i just have to think he knows he is beat right? I am truly asking because i have not a clue if he would or not) so just save the possible amount of times we face a better flush and call it i don't see but a very thin amount of value missed if he has one of the like 3 or 4 hands we could possibly, in theory, get value from so i think you have maxed out value on river. I mean you flopped the third nuts and got a ton of bets thrown in lets just hope we win. Crazy ass limit hand.
4th nuts imo.9c 7c, Ac Xc, Kc Xc, then Qc 2c

you know AA w/ club or KK with club fits too

4th nuts imo.9c 7c, Ac Xc, Kc Xc, then Qc 2c
im doubting 9c7c is out there because of BB folding he had to be chasing something, idk maybe he had A or K of clubs or the 7 or 9 of clubs. Him sticking around and missing means one of the hands that beats us has card removal working for us. Weird spot but i think it is still just a call either way. Do you really think sb 3-bets pre with 97 clubs. I dont

zAEsrxdtfyvgbnjhm.;/'CAP THE TURN!BB looks like he has the Ac or Kc like 98% of the time, so that improves our hand even more, since it completely limits the hands the other guy can have that beat us.I cap the turn, I might just call the river if he leads, if not, I bet/call.

if you think about the small blinds range here those 3 clubs in particular on the board kind of protects you against him having a larger flush a lot of the time. then on the river with the big blind playing like he did and folding his hand reeks of AcXo. in fact looking at it again with the big blind raising the flop and then calling and calling with all that action unless he is so bad he would go down in flames here with like top pair i think you have enough info by the turn to put him on that hand a large enough percentage of the time to cap. and with most of the Kx hands that he could have being blocked by the cards on the flop....this is a neat hand to post as it provides an example of using information not normally considered to read hands.

if you think about the small blinds range here those 3 clubs in particular on the board kind of protects you against him having a larger flush a lot of the time. then on the river with the big blind playing like he did and folding his hand reeks of AcXo. in fact looking at it again with the big blind raising the flop and then calling and calling with all that action unless he is so bad he would go down in flames here with like top pair i think you have enough info by the turn to put him on that hand a large enough percentage of the time to cap. and with most of the Kx hands that he could have being blocked by the cards on the flop....this is a neat hand to post as it provides an example of using information not normally considered to read hands.
so with that line do we raise or call river? You and Zach seem to think raise right? We may have the best hand but do we get called by worst hands just saying screw it calling odds are good i don't care im massively paying off?

In a random hand. the reason we should often be hesitant to raise is the ole "win one-lose two" scenario.If we are ahead, we win the one value bet.If we are behind, we get raised back and lose two bets.But that isn't the case here.In fact, it's the opposite!One more raise on the turn caps the action, so we can't get raised back.And with BB hangin around, paying off the world, our raise actually gains two bets of value.This combo means I am capping the turn every single time.Unless I read him as a maniac, I will likely just call the river if SB leads out again.Note: raising the river instead of capping the turn would be horrible logic since we would win less and lose more.--CM

• 2 weeks later...
zAEsrxdtfyvgbnjhm.;/'CAP THE TURN!BB looks like he has the Ac or Kc like 98% of the time, so that improves our hand even more, since it completely limits the hands the other guy can have that beat us.I cap the turn, I might just call the river if he leads, if not, I bet/call.
CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!CAP THE TURN!I'm definitely raising the river. And yes, AcAx and KcKx do call us there, as well as any set or straight, heck even two pair sometimes.