Question On Ak, Aq Suited Or Unsuited Positional Play

The more I have been playing NL the more I am figuring out which hands work best depending on position. My question is AK AQ suited or unsuited, I can play these hands well in limit, pot limit, and spread limit type games. I am having a tough time with these hands in NL. Are you playing these early position and are you reraising with the hands. If you miss on the flop without a draw, are you checking, throwing a good size continuation bet in or what? Seems like I miss always with these, my thoughts are because the limits i'm playing most players will call a reraise etc with Ace Rag or KQ etc and of course I am completly missing the flop. Also I really dont like calling a large reraise with these either. To be honest neither of these of ever been one of my favorite starting hands so maybe its a mental thing. Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this. Thanks :club:

It depends. :-/At full ring, I fold AQo in early position. I don't flat call with unsuited aces out of position. I consider the range of the raiser and reraise or fold accordingly.Always consider the stack sizes. Are you willing to back one pair with your stack? Have a plan before the flop. Adjust the plan if necessary. C-bet less often against multiple callers. See the FAQ.

It depends. :-/At full ring, I fold AQo in early position. I don't flat call with unsuited aces out of position. I consider the range of the raiser and reraise or fold accordingly.Always consider the stack sizes. Are you willing to back one pair with your stack? Have a plan before the flop. Adjust the plan if necessary. C-bet less often against multiple callers. See the FAQ.
Thank you, Can't believe I didnt even see the FAQ's, maybe my whole problem is that I just need glasses.. lol

I'm more aggressive with these hands OOP than IP. I don't just flat out fold AQ in EP at full ring, as I feel there is a ton of value in it played for one raise, but I generally only will open with it in EP and that's it.In MP or LP I highly recommend calling one raise with these hands, but squeezing if the raise has a caller. Obviously I'm still opening here.Out of the blinds I always open or repop with these two, unless there is a 3bet in front which you can usually safely muck the hand unless there is a really aggro fish that will stack off with any ace in which case you can just shove.These are the best hands to fire C-bets with since you beat everything that hasn't paired and you often will not be against a pair.They're also good double barrel hands, but I don't recommend ever double barreling at the limits you are currently at.

I'm more aggressive with these hands OOP than IP. I don't just flat out fold AQ in EP at full ring, as I feel there is a ton of value in it played for one raise, but I generally only will open with it in EP and that's it.In MP or LP I highly recommend calling one raise with these hands, but squeezing if the raise has a caller. Obviously I'm still opening here.Out of the blinds I always open or repop with these two, unless there is a 3bet in front which you can usually safely muck the hand unless there is a really aggro fish that will stack off with any ace in which case you can just shove.These are the best hands to fire C-bets with since you beat everything that hasn't paired and you often will not be against a pair.They're also good double barrel hands, but I don't recommend ever double barreling at the limits you are currently at.
Thanks, you think not to double barrel cause they arent laying down a hand ever? I think that has been my problem is you cant shake these retards off if they have any kind of possiblity or hope that they may have a hand. Or if they have sm pp or anything at all, they wont fold. Which of course can be profitable but sucks if you actually need to bluff lol..Ive just come to the conclusion play TAG or dont bother, lol. Thanks for your help BTW :club:
Thanks, you think not to double barrel cause they arent laying down a hand ever? I think that has been my problem is you cant shake these retards off if they have any kind of possiblity or hope that they may have a hand. Or if they have sm pp or anything at all, they wont fold. Which of course can be profitable but sucks if you actually need to bluff lol..Ive just come to the conclusion play TAG or dont bother, lol. Thanks for your help BTW :club:
I think it is good to not fire a second barrel because if you get called you have virtually no showdown value but if you cbet flop, check turn, you have some showdown value left on river to possibly be able to catch missed draws or maybe a worse Ace high trying to take pot away on river so if you keep it small you can still get villain to possibly bluff or just check it down that isn't a horrible result with AK

You don't 2 barrel at 10NL or 25NL and rarely in 50NL because once someone calls there's a high chance they will stick around the whole hand.You shouldn't be mad about it, it makes poker very simple for you because you can value bet extremely thinly for 3 streets and crush the game.You can't win every hand, there's nothing wrong with check-folding when you have to.

You don't 2 barrel at 10NL or 25NL and rarely in 50NL because once someone calls there's a high chance they will stick around the whole hand.You shouldn't be mad about it, it makes poker very simple for you because you can value bet extremely thinly for 3 streets and crush the game.You can't win every hand, there's nothing wrong with check-folding when you have to.
I know, I know, its definitly more fun to win though lol.. You have good advice and I do appreciate it. Thanks so much for your help :club: This forum is great, I have been on a few others and this one is by far the best.
online full ring sir, online full ringnow go back to your live games where ATo is the nuts
Aaaw not fair, not all live players think A10 is the nuts :club: Shoot I dont even like AK, AQ, AJ..unless Im late position. Of course myself, would rather call a raise with a medium size pair or runners on the button than reraise with AK. For some reason I cant hit a hand to save my life with those cards lol. I look back at all the hands over the years and I cant honestly remember winning a big pot with AK or AQ ever really lol. However this could be selective memory. Well actually now that I am typing this, on a small buy in live tourney players will push with A10 offsuit in the first round. Or in low limit holdem they will 3 bet. So yeah, you may be right..

personally i like AK and AQ a lot more in tournys or sng with decently high blind levels so you can ship it all in preflop or on good flops i seems to never get called with it unless it is late preflop and i hit, i must just be lucky.

personally i like AK and AQ a lot more in tournys or sng with decently high blind levels so you can ship it all in preflop or on good flops i seems to never get called with it unless it is late preflop and i hit, i must just be lucky.
Maybe :club: