When Did You Learn To Stop Exploding?

So tonight I pretty much crippled my bankroll. I lose control. I have done this over and over again and its the 1 thing that keeps me from making decent money. I work so hard to get my bankroll then after a couple of bad beats I blow it all on a 5/10 nl game. My ego gets in the way and I control myself. I am so stupid. I dont know why I do this. Im not even thinking when it happens. I just find the biggest game I can play and proceed to blow it all on tilt. Anybody have any advice. Im down to about $225 after having about $1500. I lose a bunch of $16 sngs on stars and proceed to blow the rest on tilt playing Elky at 5/10 nl. I really wish I could control myself. Anyone know of something that helped them or have been in this spot and was able to get over it. I really need someones helpThanks.

Is there any possible answer that you could get that helps?I'm sorry you blew your roll, but that's your own fault. Don't troll for pity. Practice self-control next time.
Honestly, this is the true tough-love answer.I've done this before, never as suicidal as going for Elky......but same idea.It's a total personal self control issue. No 2 cents here is going to fix it. For example, stop the bleeding right now....you've lost 85% of your roll, but you still have 15%. Log off, take a day, a week, whatever and just chill, then get back in the game at your normal levels when you are leveled again.GL
Is there any possible answer that you could get that helps?I'm sorry you blew your roll, but that's your own fault. Don't troll for pity. Practice self-control next time.
Thats what Im asking. Ideas to help with self control. Maybe read a post before you make stupid comments. I dont want pity dummy, I need help. Anybody who has had similar experiences are what Im looking for. I could use advice.
Thats what Im asking. Ideas to help with self control. Maybe read a post before you make stupid comments. I dont want pity dummy, I need help. Anybody who has had similar experiences are what Im looking for. I could use advice.
Stop being a dipshit and stacking off in a single session. Pretty crude of you to flame the response that was probably the truest and best for you. It's not like you don't know the problem. The way to fix it is all on you. No one is gonna give you a key on this one. It's all on you chief. Set a max bottom out for any given night.....make it a fraction of your BR.....and stick to it. There, a plan for you, all gift wrapped. But you still gotta stick with it, which leads back to the whole point of stiles post......its up to YOU.
Switch to limit.
That doesn't help. I've blown a few decent bankrolls jumping to 3/6 and 5/10 LHE too soon. I recently restricted my table limit to $1/$2. Of course I can lift that but it takes up to 24 hours, so that's one way for the OP to stop from tilting at higher limits after a couple of beats...may not take away the urge, but you could probably blow off some steam just nut barring .01/.02.

Yeah. No one can Teach you self control. It isn't like there is some secret to maturity. You're going to have to learn to turn off your computer when you start to feel yourself lose control. Either that or get used to the fact that you may have a gambling problem.

You joined FCP in 2004. You also had 824 posts as of your OP.That means you've been around a while.If in all of that time of reading and posting you have not been able to figure out why you keep losing..........Nothing anyone can say here will help you.But I'll try...........The textbook definition of insanity is:Someone who keeps repeating the same actions over and over and expects different results.Best of luck.

You joined FCP in 2004. You also had 824 posts as of your OP.That means you've been around a while.If in all of that time of reading and posting you have not been able to figure out why you keep losing..........Nothing anyone can say here will help you.But I'll try...........The textbook definition of insanity is:Someone who keeps repeating the same actions over and over and expects different results.Best of luck.
Poto could not be more correct here.

Read the Tao of Poker (285 rules to transform your game and your life) by Larry W Phillips.Chapter 13 is titled "On Steaming, Calm, and Composure" : The importance of emotional management in poker & of having an emotional strategy for each phase of the game.The book taught me how to deal with the ups & downs of poker that are just part of the grand scheme of the game.Or you can just get a cat, and kick the little furball across the room every time you lose.They both work for me. :club:

Yeah I've had the same problems in the past, and it took a while for me to finally figure out that losing 3/4 of my br was counterproductive. You have to figure out how to have self control. However, I've also had success by just excluding my self for 72 hours or so when I feel this type of tilt. Usually when I'm on such a large amount of tilt the constant staring at fulltilt gets to me. I usually have a moment or two of clarity before I completely lose my mind and I use that time to exclude myself.

tommy angelo's book "elements of poker" is excellent. that said, there are no doubt much deeper issues with your game you need honestly sit down and talk about with a winning player (if you know any personally).

So tonight I pretty much crippled my bankroll. I lose control. I have done this over and over again and its the 1 thing that keeps me from making decent money. I work so hard to get my bankroll then after a couple of bad beats I blow it all on a 5/10 nl game. My ego gets in the way and I control myself. I am so stupid. I dont know why I do this. Im not even thinking when it happens. I just find the biggest game I can play and proceed to blow it all on tilt. Anybody have any advice. Im down to about $225 after having about $1500. I lose a bunch of $16 sngs on stars and proceed to blow the rest on tilt playing Elky at 5/10 nl. I really wish I could control myself. Anyone know of something that helped them or have been in this spot and was able to get over it. I really need someones helpThanks.
I found and bolded the best person to help you out. As previously stated, you are the only one that can help yourself on this matter. Unless of course you want to hire me to stand behind you with a stungun for everytime you start to tilt or play out of your bankroll. I charge alot but you will be shocked how much it helps.
I found and bolded the best person to help you out. As previously stated, you are the only one that can help yourself on this matter. Unless of course you want to hire me to stand behind you with a stungun for everytime you start to tilt or play out of your bankroll. I charge alot but you will be shocked how much it helps.
epic pun FTW!