you know you're playing a fish when he says...

Villain:10[d]j[d]Me:AdKdBoard:9[c][7d]8[d] 3[d] 5all-in by the river, I take it down.Villain: This site is ----ing rigged, you're a ----ing ----- cheater.Hero: How so? You checked the flop, and gave me the free card I needed to hit my flush.Villain: Yeah but I had the straight flush, that's supposed to beat your flush.Hero: lol... you didn't have a straight flush, you had a straight and a flush.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After raising AA from BB, then betting whole way through hand against fish on the button only to get cracked when KJ hits runner runner trips, you hear him say as he rakes in the pot:"Yea, I pretty much put you on an overpair, that's why I called."How the hell does that make sense?

After raising AA from BB, then betting whole way through hand against fish on the button only to get cracked when KJ hits runner runner trips, you hear him say as he rakes in the pot: "Yea, I pretty much put you on an overpair, that's why I called." How the hell does that make sense?
I've had people say similar things to me.They "critique" my play, saying that im too predictable. Every time i raise, he knows i have big cards or a high pair!... which is why he'll call 3 cold preflop, and proceed to call down the entire way with second pair.I got him a bit irritated when i told him i didn't mind being predictable if everyone was going to call me with garbage anyways.
After raising AA from BB, then betting whole way through hand against fish on the button only to get cracked when KJ hits runner runner trips, you hear him say as he rakes in the pot:"Yea, I pretty much put you on an overpair, that's why I called."How the hell does that make sense?
Fish and making sense don't generally go hand in hand.
Guest XXEddie

25/50 blindssomeguy with 70 left limps, folded to me in SB with AQs, I raise, BB folds limper calls with KK it holds"its easy to slowplay fish"

$10-$20 limit with half kill, homegameI am last to act.Preflop: gentleman (who raises about 80% of his hands) raises, i reraise, etc. it's capped.flop: J48 rainbow, again cappedturn: A, he checks i bet he callsRiver: 4, he checks i bet he callsMe: KKHim:48He then declares to the table "Good cards never win, I'm going to play bad ones tonight." Flame all you want, but I didn't see a 48 coming. Tom.

I'm playing in a friendly little home game for this guy's wedding weekend.The buy-in is like $40 and it's really more about beer than poker.And one guy at the table is wearing sunglasses.I get a few drinks in me and start riding him about being a freak, tell him to read a poker book.He says "I have""the only poker book you ever need to read is Play Poker Like the Pros by Phil Hellmuth"me much laughter

Guest XXEddie

guy wins a pot with J4 after calling a raise and a re-raiseme-nice hand selectionfish-shut up mr tight. at least I play a hand.......we had played 2 hands

Villain:10[d]j[d]Me:AdKdBoard:9[c][7d]8[d] 3[d] 5all-in by the river, I take it down.Villain: This site is ----ing rigged, you're a ----ing ----- cheater.Hero: How so? You checked the flop, and gave me the free card I needed to hit my flush.Villain: Yeah but I had the straight flush, that's supposed to beat your flush.Hero: lol... you didn't have a straight flush, you had a straight and a flush.
hysterical
In a 50 dollar heads up match against super weak tight opponent. "You're a fish you play any two cards."
Thats fing hilarious.P.S. How quickly did you bust him?
Played him 2 out of 3 I won 2 and lost when his AJ cracked my AQ.Another misread I often see on a 277 board One guy has A7 another guy has 22, and the guy with 22 think he is beaten because three twos are worse than three sevens.
In a 50 dollar heads up match against super weak tight opponent. "You're a fish you play any two cards."
Thats fing hilarious.P.S. How quickly did you bust him?
Played him 2 out of 3 I won 2 and lost when his AJ cracked my AQ.Another misread I often see on a 277 board One guy has A7 another guy has 22, and the guy with 22 think he is beaten because three twos are worse than three sevens.
Let's get some punctuation or something in that signature of yours, Pudge. Damn.

Playing PLO .......I Make the nut straight on turn on a very obvious board....Fishy leads out for the pot($15)....I re-raise the pot and he takes forever and moves allin...I call with the nut straight and a king high flush draw with one card to come......The river pairs the board and he wins.....he didn't have a set.....he had three pair.......and hit one of his 6 outs.Then he says: "WOW...I got lucky there....I knew you had the straight.""I had three pairs...I decided to call and pray."I say:"What if I had top set? you didn't have that boat covered."He says:"I though my full house draws were safe because you raised so much."I say:"WOW."

Playing PLO .......I Make the nut straight on turn on a very obvious board....Fishy leads out for the pot($15)....I re-raise the pot and he takes forever and moves allin...I call with the nut straight and a king high flush draw with one card to come......The river pairs the board and he wins.....he didn't have a set.....he had three pair.......and hit one of his 6 outs.Then he says: "WOW...I got lucky there....I knew you had the straight.""I had three pairs...I decided to call and pray."I say:"What if I had top set? you didn't have that boat covered."He says:"I though my full house draws were safe because you raised so much."I say:"WOW."
?
hes right. if he really decided "wtf, ill gamble" from the betting structure id say its safe to put you on the straight thus making it unlikely you have a set along with it. i dont see any problems with his assumption that his draws were live due to your bet .
hes right. if he really decided "wtf, ill gamble" from the betting structure id say its safe to put you on the straight thus making it unlikely you have a set along with it. i dont see any problems with his assumption that his draws were live due to your bet .
You see nothing wrong with betting the pot with freakin three pair on an obvious straight board with one card to come...and when you get raised your whole stack...you call knowing that you are a massive underdog and only 6 cards can help you...and that you might be drawing STONE DEAD...You see nothing wrong with that?WOW...6 OUTS!!!!!!!! one card to come...A BONANZA!!!!

BTW....FYI...He was a 15% to 85% underdog....and called off his whole stack...KNOWING he was that big an underdog.and I repeat...you see nothing wrong with that?

BTW....FYI...He was a 15% to 85% underdog....and called off his whole stack...KNOWING he was that big an underdog.and I repeat...you see nothing wrong with that?
you're a donk for overbetting the pot with the pure nuts with 1 card to come.it's obvious he's got the straight, plus a better flush draw, plus a set, too, just to fuck you coming, going, and passing along.(obvious sw)
you're a donk for overbetting the pot with the pure nuts with 1 card to come.it's obvious he's got the straight, plus a better flush draw, plus a set, too, just to censored you coming, going, and passing along.(obvious sw)
I never get upset at a donk killing one of my sessions....but this one pissed me off.....I was gonna book a nice winner for a nice week...and my week has to end like this....
$10-$20 limit with half kill, homegameI am last to act.Preflop: gentleman (who raises about 80% of his hands) raises, i reraise, etc. it's capped.flop: J48 rainbow, again cappedturn: A, he checks i bet he callsRiver: 4, he checks i bet he callsMe: KKHim:48He then declares to the table "Good cards never win, I'm going to play bad ones tonight." Flame all you want, but I didn't see a 48 coming.  Tom.
terrible river bet, you've gotta put him on 4Q or better and check behind him.swi do love how he plays 48 in a capped pre-flop, and doesn't even maximize his bets when he is clearly miles ahead.daniel

played in a bar game NL tourney the other night. this guy was trying to explain to everyone why he always likes to play and raise with low cards because noone suspects you have them. the best quote was:"well, if a lot of people have folded, that deck shrinks up. my 3-3 is more likely to hit if everyone folds" i tried to explain to him that because the folded cards are face down, his odds are the same; and that most of the folded cards are low anyway but its like talking to a brickfish wall. later on i bust him in a raised pot with my AK hi flush against his 67 flush.

just observed this gem:LilMissMessy posts small blind [$1].TILTMAN215 posts big blind [$2].** Dealing down cards **gurleybro calls [$2].Hampoker raises [$4].Jannsen folds.Luis_Firpo folds.pokermonblu folds.Jumbothingie calls [$4].skybear folds.LilMissMessy folds.TILTMAN215 folds.gurleybro calls [$2].** Dealing Flop ** [ 7c, Kc, 2h ]gurleybro bets [$2].Hampoker raises [$4].Jumbothingie calls [$4].gurleybro raises [$4].Hampoker raises [$4].Jumbothingie calls [$4].gurleybro calls [$2].** Dealing Turn ** [ 4s ]gurleybro checks.Hampoker bets [$4].Jumbothingie folds.gurleybro calls [$4].** Dealing River ** [ 7h ]gurleybro checks.Hampoker bets [$4].gurleybro calls [$4].Hampoker shows [ As, Ac ] two pairs, aces and sevens.gurleybro doesn't show [ 9d, Kh ] two pairs, kings and sevens.Hampoker wins $52.50 from the main pot with two pairs, aces and sevens.gurleybro: you are so f'ing lucky

Home game with my buddies last week, all of whom are decent players...or so I thought.My one buddy who's actually won $2500 in a tourney who'se play is uh, loose aggressive to say the least, but somehow it works for him, has been downgraded to fish because of this one...6 handed, him and another guy are both somewhat short stacked...the other guy UTG goes all in for about 10x BB it gets folded to the fish to be in the BB who calls, putting himself all in (he had about 9x BB)...with K7 offsuit!! The original all in had TT.Sure enough, dingaling hits his King, sending the other guy looney, and crippling him...Guy who got donked: "What the hell is that? How can you call with that? You're banking that I have 66 or lower or Q high? Do you think I'd go allin UTG like that?!?! Fuck!"Fish: "No, but I was getting short stacked, the blinds were coming around and I figured I had an overcard.I'm ashamed to know this guy.