you know you're playing a fish when he says...

Guest XXEddie

go ahead and try to count every fish statementSng, some donk with over half the chips Ive notcied will call everything PFso with blinds 25/50, I push all my 1700 chips in with KK, donk calls with 54, KK holdssomeone-Why would you just go allin PF like that with KKme-cause I was almost 100% sure that donk would calldonk-dude, I have more chips than you so I obvious know what im doingdebate goes on for like 5 minutesI pick up AK, all in again, donk called with J5, he flops a J but I hit an ADonk-"Lucky fuck, I told you know what Im doing, I had you"Me-"you "had me" because you got lucky on the flopDonk-"The lucky player is the one who got lucky last"Me-"wow...."more debating, then I finally get ahead of him in chips when I pick up AA(I admit, I was getting smacked square in the face with thje deck) all in, donk calls with 79flop KK4(now he needs 99 or 77)turn, 7 rivr 7Im crippled to like 50Donk-I told you I know what Im doing, I was planning on calling you eveyr time because I knew that I was eventually gonna win"The best part was after that he starting making fun of me, but I was able to triple up, quadruple up, double up after flopping the nuts twice, I eventually got heads up with himMe-7000him-9000Pick up JJ, allin he calls with 55, I winDonk-"see, your lucky, you win all the coinflips"

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a final table of a live MTT event I pick up AK. Make a 4xBB raise. Guy announces "all-in". I call ( I have him about 4-1 in chips) he flips over 22. He looks as proud as he possibly can and announces "I was right! I put you on 2 overs!"Example 2At a riverboat this week 2/5 NL $400 buy-in. I have KQ raise 3xBb get one caller from player on my right(limp call). Flop KQ4 w/2 spades. I bet 75 he calls. Turn 6, i bet $125 he calls. River is 7 of spades. He checks, I check. I turn up my top 2 pair. He hesitates for a minute forcefully rolls over his 83 of spades and says "Flush, I know you didn't see that coming!" Um, I guess he didn't recognise that I bet hard until flush hits and I then check!?

50+5 SNG on Empire. First level. 10/15 blinds. 2 folds to MP (DONK) who raises all-in for 1000 (automatically thinking Smash Strategy). Folds to Button who calls. Blinds fold. Button flips KQo, MP shows 22. KQ sucks the A high straight on the river.TRex...fellow FCP'er says "well played"DONK says "Gotta hit those 2s hard, I'm gonna win that 7 out of 10 times"TRex..."you got him noted yet"Me...."you kidding...alreay on my buddy list"Good times....Full disclosure...I donked off later, but it was a coinflip....really.

online, NL tourney. player raises pf.person 1: "you know, it's considered bad poker etiquette to raise before the flop"person 2: "are you kidding?"person 1: "no, everyone knows that"person 2: "that's just wrong"person 1: "EVERYBODY KNOWS IT"person 2: "ok, why is it bad then?"person 1: "IF YOU HAVE A GOOD HAND BEFORE THE FLOP, YOU STILL HAVE IT AFTER THE FLOP"person 2: "you don't know much about poker, do you?"

4 handed in a $200 SNG on FullTilt. Stacks- me- 3000, SB, 1600, BB- 1000. I raise from the button with 85 to 600. SB folds, BB hesitates and moves all in for 400 more. I call. He has A9 and I suckout on him. Him- "How can you call with that crap?"Me- "Because it was only 400 more. I didn't go all in."Him- "Well, you practically went all in!"P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.P.P.S.- he he he he he if you say it out, it says peepees.On a side note- I can't believe this thread is still going.

At a final table of a live MTT event I pick up AK. Make a 4xBB raise. Guy announces "all-in". I call ( I have him about 4-1 in chips) he flips over 22. He looks as proud as he possibly can and announces "I was right! I put you on 2 overs!"
that had me bustin up laughing

This guy last night at the b&m 2/4 table was throwing out fishy lines every minute, I wish I had a tape recorder, it was absolutely unreal. I'll post what I can remember.UTG raises preflop, fish calls, flop AQx rainbowUTG bets, fish calls, turn ragUTG bets, fish calls, river 5UTG bets, fish calls, and UTG flips over AK, fish flips over A5 and says"Oh man I was right, I put you on an ace!"-----------later, after this girl that was playing OK to his left calls on the river with a lower flush, he turns to her and says "You had a flush, nothing can beat you, when you make a flush you gotta just go with it. It's hard enough to get suited cards so you gotta play them" (he went on with this for a while------There was much more but I can't remember them at the moment!

At a final table of a live MTT event I pick up AK. Make a 4xBB raise. Guy announces "all-in". I call ( I have him about 4-1 in chips) he flips over 22. He looks as proud as he possibly can and announces "I was right! I put you on 2 overs!"
haha i didn't even notice how funny that one was until you pointed it out... now i'm laughing too :club:

I once had a guy stare me straight in the eye and tell me with a straight face: "I'd rather have King Jack suited than a pair of Queens."The same guy then said: "What makes Aces such a good hand?....it's only one pair...you can't make much else with it..."My Buddy then responded: "The best hand wins in Holdem....Aces is the best possible starting hand....you want to start with the best hand.......get it?"

haha i didn't even notice how funny that one was until you pointed it out... now i'm laughing too :club:
While this statement definitely sounds dorkish, it is by no means donkish. After all, which hand is the favorite prflop, 22 or AK?Never underestimate the value of a pocket pair. I submit whoever thinks 22 guy is a fish may be one themselves.
While this statement definitely sounds dorkish, it is by no means donkish. After all, which hand is the favorite prflop, 22 or AK?Never underestimate the value of a pocket pair. I submit whoever thinks 22 guy is a fish may be one themselves.
AKs vs 22 is a 50.1-49.9 favorite. Also, the whole joke is any hand vs pocket 2's is 2 overs unless they have 2x as a hand.EDIT: Also, AK is a way better hand in a multiway pot. 2's you can pretty much kiss your money away if you play it everytime. So, be my guest in overplaying your pocket pairs.
You know you're playing a fish when.....He uses the term "fish" adnauseam.
Or when it's part of his username. Nothing better than seeing someone called 'fisheater' or something sit down; they're all bad. Compensation, I suppose.
AKs vs 22 is a 50.1-49.9 favorite. Also, the whole joke is any hand vs pocket 2's is 2 overs unless they have 2x as a hand.EDIT: Also, AK is a way better hand in a multiway pot. 2's you can pretty much kiss your money away if you play it everytime. So, be my guest in overplaying your pocket pairs.
If you read the post carefully, you'll notice a couple things.First, this happened at a final table in a trny, and there's no mention of anyone else in the hand.Second, 22 guy was low stacked, which is when your supposed to play your pairs.If this were a cash game or early in a trny, I'd say he overplayed them. Given the situation he was in, he played them correctly, then blurted out something dorky.

Alex Kahaner calls, showing Jc-10h. Kenna James is stunned. How can he call with a drawing hand in that spot? Kenna points out that they're playing for a million dollars, and he calls an all-in bet with J-10. Alex says he doesn't care about the money, he's willing to gamble for the title. Kenna turns over As-4c, and there's no clear favorite in this hand.

If you read the post carefully, you'll notice a couple things.First, this happened at a final table in a trny, and there's no mention of anyone else in the hand.Second, 22 guy was low stacked, which is when your supposed to play your pairs.If this were a cash game or early in a trny, I'd say he overplayed them. Given the situation he was in, he played them correctly, then blurted out something dorky.
He played them fine, but its hard not to have 2 overs. He coulda been joking though...

A more proper statement with this 2's would've been " I put you on like QJ or a weak hand like that, thus i thought i could push you off that and if you called its a race anyway."Instead he said the donkish thing he couldve said

Playing a 30 sit n go on Party...I get QQ on the button...4 limpers in front of me, I raise 4x the BB, 1st position goes all in, 2nd position calls, 3rd position calls, 4th position calls...I figure I might be good, so I call...1st position has AA, 2nd has KK, 3rd has 1010, and 4th has JJ...the AA held up and had everyone else covered so they took out 4 people in 1 hand...also it was the 1st hand I had played in the tourny...doh!
This was from the "what is the craziest hand you have seen?" thread today.

This just happened at a table of mine in a MTT on Full Tilt. Some fish goes all in preflop with T-6 of hearts and loses the hand. He gets asked why he went all in with T-6 and he says "it's my lucky hand, I won the last time I went all in with it"