you know you're playing a fish when he says...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of something I was told in a $4.40. Raised like 4x with KK flop came TT4, we got it allin, he showed QT.He goes 'learn to play pocket pairs, either shove preflop or fold that flop. If the board has a pair on it you are never ahead'
that made me laugh

'holy shit am i good' 'i knew it was ganna hit'i duno was just playing 2/4 limit live wasting time waiting for some omaha an a old asian guy said this when his 88 beat TT on a T9627 board. i couldnt help but laugh hysterically because he was serious

• 2 months later...

There was a hand where i had Ac6c and five people saw the flop after UTG raises.Flop gives me a flush draw. QcJs2cInitial raiser goes all in for about the size of the pot and middle position calls.I look at my chip stack and it's not much more than the double the pot. I shove and MP calls.UTG shows A QMP shows A 10 I end up hitting on the river. MP: 'lucky bastard.'

this ones probably been typed before im almst sure lol but some one went all in with a flush draw vs my top set and i held and the called me a "lucky bastard" haha that made me laugh, being the favourite and having the best hand holding up is lucky nowadays lol!

After a guy goes all in on river with A2 on a 3h 4d Jh 5h Jd board gets called by a full house with another fish's j 3 off.Guy looks at the winners cards and said, 'put you on the flush.'

• 5 months later...

7 5 limped to in BB, check. Flop Q 7 5. One bet I raise. 3 calls. Turn 4 all rainbow. I bet about half pot. Villain bets about 80% of stack to 1k. I push him in and he calls with Q A. River A. Not so bad until he says "I figured you had a low two pair."

So I was playing live in a small tournament and was getting low on chips. I was down to 8 BBs and was into shove-or-fold mode. It folds around to me on the button, so I am obviously shoving ATC, especially when both blinds are tight and have no concept of PF shove/call ranges. BB wakes up with KK, but I river a straight.BB says, "nice suckout."I just deadpan back, "thanks."