you know you're playing a fish when he says...

50% boy from a previous story here had a funny looking friend. I am sure that he lived in a house with wheels, cause he sure looked like a redneck to me.The FLF was a magnificient player of cards. One night he got quad kings, got bet into by the 50% boy and just looked. They must have mixed their signals up, cause that wasn't supposed to happen unless there was a third person in the pot with them.What did the FLF say to throw us off the scent when someone asked why he didn't re-raise on the river with quad kings?"I thought he might have a better kicker"Gerund

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XXEddie

MTT in down to 8xBB when I get AKs UTGI go allin folded to BB who calls and show 95oAKx on flop i double up, after that...Me-Why did you call with thatFish-Somebody had to call you idiot!

Guest XXEddie
" all in.....21! Blackjack Baby!!!!"(dealer "thats good sir, but we're playing poker"
shows KK to dealer"is this a good hand"

In an MTT...I raise AA from EP. An MP goes all-in. I'm the only caller. He flips over 88.He hits an 8 on the flop. I hit an ace on the turn.I say, "Whew."He says, "Lucky f" :roll:

In vegas.... 4/8 limit table.Two people going it at it huge. Finally on the river the original better realizes they are beat. Says to the other person, did you hit your second pair on the turn or the river.She says, I dont know which one is the turn and which is the river :club:

EP limper calls all-in raise from LP. EP fish turns over J9o to LP's JJ. Scoops the pot when two nines hit the board. "I have to call with J9. It's my lucky hand."Fish in question? Me, about 4 years ago.

This happens when I play with my buddies too...You have a superior hand preflop, he hits something on the flop, and you take it on the turn or river, and you suddenly become 'lucky'

This one happened last night. Playing $2/$5 NL and this guy brings it in for a raise with JJ to $20 preflop and gets two callers. Flop was A37. He checked, the next guy bet and the guy after that raises. He, obviously, lays his jacks down. The hand plays out and both players ended up all in, AK vs AQ. After the hand the original raiser, the guy with the jacks, stands up and pats his own back and says, "Wow, I made a GREAT laydown there! I folded pocket jacks there!"Everybody looked confused and didn't say anything. So, I said, "Yeah man, really good laydown there." Hard to try to sound serious when you really want to laugh and point at him.... :club:

This one happened last night. Playing $2/$5 NL and this guy brings it in for a raise with JJ to $20 preflop and gets two callers. Flop was A37. He checked, the next guy bet and the guy after that raises. He, obviously, lays his jacks down. The hand plays out and both players ended up all in, AK vs AQ. After the hand the original raiser, the guy with the jacks, stands up and pats his own back and says, "Wow, I made a GREAT laydown there! I folded pocket jacks there!"Everybody looked confused and didn't say anything. So, I said, "Yeah man, really good laydown there." Hard to try to sound serious when you really want to laugh and point at him.... :club:

You may not believe this, but it is true.Home game:The guy I am playing against is extremely weak tight and if he raises (even one big blind bet) I fold because it means he has pocket Qs or better. Anyhow, we have taken everyone else out at the table and we're sitting at about even money for 23 minutes of heads up play before the game is over for the evening. I am running over him because he is so weak by just raising 1 big blind but eventually he reraises one. I start to slow down. I have been dealt A 7 diamonds and the board comes three hearts. I bet, he calls. Turn, another heart, I bet again and smile like I have the flush. He says "You have the flush?" I said, call me. He calls me. River comes another heart and he turns up his cards thinking it is over. He has pocket rockets with the ace of hearts. He said "what did you have, I've got aces!" I bet and say "I've got the flush!" He says "DANGIT! I knew it!" and mucks his cards.He told me that I was lucky to catch that turn card.

:bubblehuh: :shock: :bubblehuh:

This happens when I play with my buddies too...You have a superior hand preflop, he hits something on the flop, and you take it on the turn or river, and you suddenly become 'lucky'
We have a simpler term for the suck/resuck:Justice.

I dont know if anyone posted this one yet.. BUt...I like when you havethe nuts, or slow played something huge..and no betting is occuring. so you lead out the river, and they reply:Nah.. i'm not letting you buy this one, and they re-raise you.. LOL.. the nuts feel soo good in these situations. (i usually rub them a little)

Just got knocked out of a tournament...I was somewhat shortstacked and needed to pick a hand, so I went all-in with A9s. The big blind thought a long time and finally called a fourth of his stack with T2s. He hit a ten and took me out. I asked him what he thought I had that he was beating. He replied, "I thought you were blind stealing." That really didn't answer my question.

"i know you were bluffing" after calling your bluff on the 5th street with queen high and be beat by your bluff with king high : my favorite mistake in THNL

Playing 2/4 live this moring at the B&M.....One of the regulars is playing a hand: After the flop comes he says "Well, I'd fold, but there's too much money in the pot" and proceeds to catch runner runner to complete his suited 7 4 for a straight! :roll:

Guest XXEddie
"will you show me if i fold?!"
i love it....its like i can tell them wht to doIf im bluffing, "yes"If ihave a good hand...silence