you know you're playing a fish when he says...

purxtac7_2: sure it is you could have put me on aces wwhen I went all indimmy: and then you'd be drawing to 2 outsdimmy: and I'm still ahead
they're both fish, didn't he see the straight draw?6 outs...duh :club:
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read this long-a$$ thread, so some of these comments might have been said before. I played in a NLHE freeroll at my school last month and heard some winners: "Poker is 10% skill and 90% luck." "I'd rather be lucky than good." Also, one guy check-called all the way down in a heads-up pot, showed down a small pair and complained, "I guess small pairs aren't cutting it today." No s**t! Just before it got down to the final table, I was in the BB and the SB had only one chip left. Everyone folded to him, and he didn't even have enough to complete the BB. "Do you wanna chop?" he asked. Hell no, you're sticking in that last chip! He folded. Yes, he folded. He took that last chip to the final table and got knocked out on Hand 1.

I had one the other night. I raise before the flop with JJ - flop is T 8 2 with two clubs - I bet out, button raises. He's an idiot so I put him all-in. He calls and shows AT. I show the JJ and he's very surprised. He says, "wow, I actually put you on a set." I think to myself, you did, then how the hell did you call?

my brother on the players at star city:"mate you cant win, they sit there and call the whole way down, you have no chance".me: ~stare blankly at him and stab him in the throat~
Stabbing your brother in the throat is most definitely -EV55 in BB. One guy folds, button raises, SB calls, I reraise all-in.Button Folds, SB says "I don't want to but I guess I will."Me: "Gutsy call with a raise and a re-raise."Him: "I've got a straight draw and a flush draw."Me: "Pre-flop?"Him: "Yea."Unfortunately he had PLENTY of chips to "gamble" with.

You know you're WATCHING a fish if his name is Funston, he's playing in the 2005 USPC on ESPN, and calls the floor over to ask if a flush beats 3 of a kind...(I hope to God he was just joking... ):club: He's a bit annoying to watch, but he's funny as hell with his clueless schtick. :D

You know you're WATCHING a fish if his name is Funston, he's playing in the 2005 USPC on ESPN, and calls the floor over to ask if a flush beats 3 of a kind...(I hope to God he was just joking... ):club: He's a bit annoying to watch, but he's funny as hell with his clueless schtick. :D
has he bet off all his oranges and purples yet?
Hahah yeah and every bet hes like ok so thats 2 purple, 1 black...God damn even a logical person can get the chip values lol

That was a sick bluff he pulled on Fischman though....betting and raising with nothing. Scott had to be sick when he saw the video..... :club:

I just wanted blinds, if any callers I was hoping for someone to have Ax. This wasn't the case, I missed some of the chat, but here i go.PokerStars Game #5254083142: Tournament #26455177, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2006/06/14 - 18:58:12 (ET)Table '26455177 5' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: The Grigger (980 in chips) Seat 3: fugaise (4245 in chips) Seat 4: Hoss09 (5883 in chips) Seat 5: QandA201 (2785 in chips) Seat 6: bolsans (4390 in chips) Seat 7: fishingbob50 (5922 in chips) Seat 8: KnWild (9020 in chips) Seat 9: Kuge (3247 in chips) KnWild: posts small blind 100Kuge: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Kuge [Kh Ad]The Grigger: folds fugaise: folds Hoss09: folds QandA201: folds bolsans: folds fishingbob50: calls 200KnWild: folds Kuge: raises 3047 to 3247 and is all-infishingbob50: calls 3047*** FLOP *** [5h 9s Th]*** TURN *** [5h 9s Th] [Js]*** RIVER *** [5h 9s Th Js] [5c]*** SHOW DOWN ***Kuge: shows [Kh Ad] (a pair of Fives)fishingbob50: shows [Jh 9h] (two pair, Jacks and Nines)fishingbob50 collected 6594 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 6594 | Rake 0 Board [5h 9s Th Js 5c]Seat 1: The Grigger folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: fugaise folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Hoss09 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: QandA201 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: bolsans folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: fishingbob50 (button) showed [Jh 9h] and won (6594) with two pair, Jacks and NinesSeat 8: KnWild (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 9: Kuge (big blind) showed [Kh Ad] and lost with a pair of FivesKuge (observer): That was completely retarded, lolHoss09 said, "love j/9"fishingbob50 said, "thought you were bluffing"Hoss09 said, "nh"fishingbob50 said, "ty"Kuge (observer): So you thought J high was good?fishingbob50 said, I thought J 9 suited was worth it.KnWild said, "its all the same odds in the beginnin. unless they got pockets"Thank god for this thread, instead of getting mad I would cool down and post this here.I wish I could've gotten the whole convo but it wasn't possible :club:.

im pretty sure dumbston was joking about the flush beating trips deal considering Men Nyguen and Brain Haveson are his teachers
i am also pretty sure he was joking. no body playing could think that 3 of a kind beats a flush....playing NL holdem .10 .25 on party.2 players are bragging about how good they are.donk 1: i folded KK before and he showed me i was beatdonk2: i folded AA preflop and he showed me i was beatdonk 3: you were beat right? what did he show you?donk2: sooooted connector no joke

Playing a multi-table home game tourney with a ridiculous structure...ie all-in fest. At my table of 9, 6 of the other players were absolutely clueless. Player one raises pre-flop, player 2 goes all in. After 2 full min of thinking, player 1 folds and says, "he's just trying to buy the pot...I had him beat". Player 2 says in a sincere way,"I promise you you didn't", indicating possibly AA or KK. Player 1 then replys, "No I definitely had you beat". We asked what he had and he says with an absolutely straight face...and I'm not kidding..."I had a straight flush" PRE-FLOP!! He was dead serious.

Ok, last night in a tourney....Blinds 50/100 Villan is in the cut-off with KQ offsuit T2400 in chipsHero is in the BB with AA T2850 in chipsfolded to the villain who limpssmall blind callsHero raises T300Villain CallsFlop A82 rainbowHero goes all inVillain callsTurn TenRiver JHero asks villan how can you call that all in?Villain reply's I had postion on you! LOL!!!!!!I didn't have the heart to explain the irrelevance of postion after the all in...

Kuge (observer): That was completely retarded, lolHoss09 said, "love j/9"fishingbob50 said, "thought you were bluffing"Hoss09 said, "nh"fishingbob50 said, "ty"Kuge (observer): So you thought J high was good?fishingbob50 said, I thought J 9 suited was worth it.KnWild said, "its all the same odds in the beginnin. unless they got pockets"
Un-bloody real. I wish for you that it was a cash table so you could rebuy and take all their money.
"Hi, My name is cu in 4years Dan!"
Normally I don't like mean-spirited stuff but..BWAHAHAHA
Ok, last night in a tourney....Blinds 50/100 Villan is in the cut-off with KQ offsuit T2400 in chipsHero is in the BB with AA T2850 in chipsfolded to the villain who limpssmall blind callsHero raises T300Villain CallsFlop A82 rainbowHero goes all inVillain callsTurn TenRiver JHero asks villan how can you call that all in?Villain reply's I had postion on you! LOL!!!!!!I didn't have the heart to explain the irrelevance of postion after the all in...
You flopped the nuts and pushed for 3x the pot ?
You flopped the nuts and pushed for 3x the pot ?
Not me another player at the table....the hero was another Tight Aggressive player that actually surprised me with the all in move.