Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

during the spurs game my roommate got ahold of a baseball bat. i feared for my life. he also said he would not only hold a man's junk he'd give it a little tug if thats what it took. DJ knows what i'm talking about.

Overheard: Pierce on his way back to huddle after draining monster 3 "I got your five, six, seven right here bitches".

during the spurs game my roommate got ahold of a baseball bat. i feared for my life. he also said he would not only hold a man's junk he'd give it a little tug if thats what it took. DJ knows what i'm talking about.
The Lakers are the only team for which I would do something like that. And I'd probably do more than a little tug.
i hate the celtics so very much.
Man, I hear ya. But as much as it pains me to say this, I'm kinda impressed right now. Of course, I'm equally baffled at what the hell is going on with Miami. It makes so little sense to me that I still think Miami is winning this series.
lol at good job, good effort
That kid was amazing. Pleeeeeease let this Spurs-Thunder series go 7. I need a game 7 with these teams. One time, dealer. I feel like San Antonio is going to play a really good game tonight. Good teams can really get after it when they get desperate. But the Thunder at home, if KD gets rolling... Spurs-Thunder, game 7, Friday night...that's a LaSpada Sub game.

Also, I feel like last night's game was much better officiated than every other game in the series. I need to look up who was working the game (good sign for a game: you don't remember who the officials were).Pre-post edit: Monty McCutchen, Ron Garretson, Derrick Stafford.While I'm at it, who is working tonight's game...?Joey Crawford, Bill Kennedy, Greg Willard. lol. Feel like my chances for a game 7 just went up.Pretty funny that Lebron and Wade skip the podium presser again, but Bosh goes. Probably means very little, but feels like it means something.Speaking of Bosh, Spoelstra didn't think it was fair to him to send him out in the 4th quarter? Really? I think Spo is overthinking his substitutions. I suppose that happens when you get nothing from anyone except Lebron and Wade. And Wade looks like he needs his knee drained again. He can't be healthy.

I wonder if LeBron is wishing he had signed with The Bulls instead of The Heat
He would just be carrying a Rose-less bulls team that would not have some other key component bc of his presence. I wonder if he should have just stayed in cleveland and been the valiant guy who stayed home.DJ, please stop picking Miami.
DJ, please stop picking Miami.
I know, right? I have something like 46 units riding on the Heat winning it all. Which is like 75% of my entire sports betting bankroll.Edit:tumblr_m52il8zvrT1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

With the Celtics resurgence it got me thinking how good they are aaaaand I've formed an opinion that I believe their '08 team is the best team since '97 Bulls. I really think they would be able to beat those Bulls teams too.

What sort of drugs are you taking?
I swear my first reaction to Poppy's post was "bath salts."Along with skipping the podium after losses, you can file this quote by Lebron under probably doesn't mean anything, but sure seems like it does: "We played good enough to give ourselves a chance to win, that's all you can ask for."

got a strategy question for you guys that are much more knowledgeable then me. in an end game situation where team A is down by a few points with little time left, and they are forced to foul the other team. common scenario you see is team B will call a timeout to advance the ball, inbound, team A fouls. team B shots FT's. team A calls timeout if they have it.what if team B was out of timeouts after advancing the ball. couldn't team A sub in two of it's bigs and then have them crowd the player trying to inbound the ball causing him to either not be able to inbound the ball and turning the ball over, or making a low percentage pass?i realize this would free up a player on team B, but even if he did somehow get the ball and takes an open jumper or drives to the hoop, it's not like team A would any worse off then if team B made two FTs.