Random Basketball Observations

How involved does he have to be? He can't be the focal point of every play when you are asking him to play 44 minutes and guard David West half the time.
I didn't say he needs to be the focal point of every play throughout the game. The last minute of a one-possession game isn't the spot where you get your rest.Lebron is great. Lebron is amazing. Lebron comes up big in a lot of big moments including 4th quarters. But I still think he's lacking something. I don't think this something necessarily precludes him from winning a title, but I don't think it's helping either.
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Gregg Popovich is my favorite anything:“Some of the stuff we do on defense, we actually have one thing we call on the pin downs, we say we’re going to ‘Del Negro it’ and that’s in his honor and we’ve done that for 15 years,” Popovich said. “We have a Del Negro defense out there because he couldn’t play a lick of D. At times we had to invent something just to hide him, so we call it ‘Del Negro’ and you do certain things on the court and everybody has to make up for that guy who’s the ‘Del Negro.’”gregg-popovich-approved.gif

Wade should have gotten a flagrant 2 but we all know that's not going to happen. Also later Lebron threw a wicked elbow and for that there was a double technical foul. NBA is a joke.

Wade should have gotten a flagrant 2 but we all know that's not going to happen. Also later Lebron threw a wicked elbow and for that there was a double technical foul. NBA is a joke.
Look, you won't find a bigger Pacers fan than me, but, Lebron didn't throw an elbow. Don't be such a homer.
Look, you won't find a bigger Pacers fan than me, but, Lebron didn't throw an elbow. Don't be such a homer.
we must have watched two different games, he through it, it just didn't connect.

I guess we will just ignore the fact that Granger hits him in the face, too.Only Lebron could spark a debate where he gets hit in the face, does not get a foul call for the obvious hit to the face, raises his arm and completely misses hitting Granger at all, and people think the refs are giving Lebron special treatment potentially. Where the hell is the "And 1" for getting hit in the face?

Got cancelled out by the initial uncalled offensive foul.
Offensive foul for what? Posting up really well and sealing him off too effectively?

A seal is when you keep the defender on your back so you can receive the pass. What Lebron did was shove Granger back to create separation so he had room to make the shot.

Larry Legend is executive of the year, which means, I think, he's the only person ever to win an MVP, coach of the year, and executive of the year. Pretty great.

A seal is when you keep the defender on your back so you can receive the pass. What Lebron did was shove Granger back to create separation so he had room to make the shot.
I don't know if you are trolling me now. I mean, that never gets called an offensive foul.Larry Bird has done an amazing job at being a player, coach and exec which is exceedingly rare. Kudos to him, sucks he is contemplating retirement for good.
I don't know if you are trolling me now. I mean, that never gets called an offensive foul.
Well, it does when the guy falls down, which is why there's a problem with flopping.I agree with you that it wouldn't normally be called, but the "and 1" you're asking for is getting hit well after the shot was released anyway. And you can never be totally sure if Lebron really did get hit with his reputation for flopping.I'm like 50% trolling you.

What a horrible horrible loss. If I wasn't dealing with moving tomorrow, and fighting with my gf I would have completely lost it after that one. Which got me thinking...I don't understand how sports are supposed to be a distraction from your real life. I only really get invested as a fan and enjoy games if everything is going really well in my everyday life, and I can just relax and whatever happens is gravy. But if I'm dealing with a lot of stuff at that time I don't really care what happens. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

You'd probably care more if they won. Ugly last two minutes. Well, the whole game was ugly, but especially those last two minutes. Even though the play was run for Kobe, I think MWP made the right pass since Westbrook just left Blake wide open for the game-winning corner 3. You're not going to get a better look than that.