Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Boston is going to be lucky to get by Philly at this rate. I'm having a hard time understanding how Boston hung a 115 on Miami in Miami. Venus must have been aligned with Mars or something.

Down 0-1 with Bosh, no question. I think if there was a clearer timetable on Bosh's return, it might change the answer. It will be hard for them to beat SA or OKC without him, so you would be willing to punt one game (especially game 1) to have him back. Now, if you get Bosh back by the finals anyway, maybe you take the win. I'm really interested to see how this affects the Heat's offense. Also, Dan and Stu's basketball "analysis" can be pretty frustrating at times.

And their average margin of victory during the winning streak is something like +15. Crazy good. Soooooo much more fun to watch than whatever is going on in the East. Their ball movement is ridiculous.Alright, let's talk about Lebron. Last three (I think?) possessions were:1. Two missed free throws that could've given them lead.2. Gets the ball, doesn't look to create, just gives it to Battier. Gets it back, gives it up. (This might've been before the free throws; I wasn't watching live, so I was doing a lot of fast-forwarding/rewinding and might have the order messed up.)3. Goes to the corner for the final 3 attempt by Chalmers, but doesn't really try to be available (not that there was any way Chalmers wasn't putting that shot up).I know this is a lot of nit-picking (except the free throws, that was just bad), but given his history with the Heat, he really doesn't seem like he wants to be the hero. I'm not saying he has to take every single shot down the stretch, but too often he isn't even a threat to do anything. He just needs to be more involved.If you're the Heat, I guess the silver lining is that you probably won't shoot that bad next game. But Bosh's absence really clogs things up. And the Pacers were really awful shooting too during long stretches and will also probably be a lot better, especially since they're going home. Right now there is literally no end result to this series that would shock me. Anything from Miami in 5 to Indiana in 5 is on the table.No, I take that back, Indy in 5 would still shock me.Edit: Oh, there was a stat that said Lebron is 58.8% on free throws in the last minute of one-possession games. I'd like to know what the sample size is on that, but that's a little alarming. I'd also like to know what other stars shoot in similar situations.

Did the bottom gif get a suspension? Is that why you asked? Or did he just get ejected?I think it actually very possible that LeBron suffers from some sort of mental health issue, like anxiety disorder.

Did the bottom gif get a suspension? Is that why you asked? Or did he just get ejected?I think it actually very possible that LeBron suffers from some sort of mental health issue, like anxiety disorder.
He was suspended two games.I swear to God I made my Lebron post before Zach Lowe posted this.
He was suspended two games.
That seems wildly arbitrary. Are they picking suspension length out of a hat?

I don't see much difference but no way Wade gets suspended eventhough it was obvious that it was intentional because he pissed that a foul wasn't called on the other end.

Lebron just scored 16 points in the fourth quarter of Game 1 to lead a comeback win. If the standard is he has to be super-clutch every time he plays, then we are just going to have this conversation a lot for no reason. His free throw shooting has always been a little shaky; they lost a game to the Clippers in January where the same thing happened only Lebron missed like 3 or 4 late freebies.

If the standard is he has to be super-clutch every time he plays, then we are just going to have this conversation a lot for no reason.
No, the standard is that he has to stay involved. He's the best player in the game and a total nightmare for opposing defenses and the more active he is, the better the Heat will be. I've never crushed Lebron just for missing shots.
No, the standard is that he has to stay involved. He's the best player in the game and a total nightmare for opposing defenses and the more active he is, the better the Heat will be. I've never crushed Lebron just for missing shots.
He took a couple shots, he grabbed a couple offensive rebounds, he missed two monster free throws, and he passed to Wade late that lead to a lay-up that Wade normally makes. How involved does he have to be? He can't be the focal point of every play when you are asking him to play 44 minutes and guard David West half the time.He already had 2 or 3 excellent fourth quarters in this post-season alone. This narrative has completely spun out of control.