Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

The more I watch Blake Griffin, the less I like him.
You know things are bad in Laker Nation when a Clipper elicits hate in Laker fans. I've never, ever, in my entire life seen laker fans even register an opinion on a Clipper, much less hate them.
You know things are bad in Laker Nation when a Clipper elicits hate in Laker fans. I've never, ever, in my entire life seen laker fans even register an opinion on a Clipper, much less hate them.
I don't think it has anything to do with the state of Laker Nation. (When did ____ Nation become a thing? I think around the time of the 2004 Red Sox is the first time I started hearing it a lot, but I don't know if it's been around longer than that.) Anyway, I think it's more because it's the first time the Clippers are relevant, so you actually pay attention to them. Essay, Bynum is killing me too with his attitude. He's been a beast on offense though.
Essay, Bynum is killing me too with his attitude. He's been a beast on offense though.
my focus on the team always trails off in march and april before the playoffs start, but lately all i read about the team is bullshit drama between mike brown and kobe and mike brown and bynum and bynum and mitch kupchek. the lakers are in a tough spot because if D12 doesnt want to go to LA, then trading bynum is almost not an option unless he gets even more way out of control. but i just cannot see kobe allowing bynum to run this team, which to me seems to be what this thing is all about. bynum wants more shots and he isnt going to get them with kobe chasing 40,000.

There's no drama between Mike Brown and Kobe. Brown benched Bynum for an extended time during one game because Bynum shot a three-pointer early in the shot clock. When Bynum was asked about it after the game he said he would probably keep shooting them. Then he was supposed to have a meeting with Kupchak and he just blew it off. Bynum doesn't seem to have any respect for anyone. Or maturity. He doesn't have any of that either.Apparently Kobe is on Bynum's side though. He just chalks it up to being young.

I don't think it has anything to do with the state of Laker Nation. (When did ____ Nation become a thing? I think around the time of the 2004 Red Sox is the first time I started hearing it a lot, but I don't know if it's been around longer than that.) Anyway, I think it's more because it's the first time the Clippers are relevant, so you actually pay attention to them. Essay, Bynum is killing me too with his attitude. He's been a beast on offense though.
1) it started with Raider Nation. Raider fans are super pissed that other teams have adopted it. I've also heard Husker Nation since the 90's, but I always hated the term because i felt we were ripping off the Raiders.2)I agree mostly about it being more about the Clippers success, I am just needling you Laker fans. I think it's undignified for you guys to hate Blake so intensely, and also if the Lakers were the 1 seed, I doubt the hate would be so intense.
Bynum doesn't seem to have any respect for anyone. Or maturity. He doesn't have any of that either.Apparently Kobe is on Bynum's side though. He just chalks it up to being young.
Kobe can obviously can relate. And he's right. Because these guys come into the league so young, we forget how young they are after they have been in the league for a few years, I think a lot of the behavior of young players can just be chalked up to inmaturity.

Yeah.

If the playoffs started today...(1) Chicago(8) New York(2) Miami(7) Boston(3) Orlando(6) Atlanta(4) Philadelphia(5) Indiana(1) OKC(8) Minnesota(2) San Antonio(7) Denver(3) Memphis(6) Dallas(4) LAC(5) LAL
A month later...(1) Chicago(8) PhillyWow, Philly. I wouldn't be surprised if Milwaukee overtakes them now. And I hope that happens. Nothing fun about watching the Sixers.(2) Miami(7) New YorkYES. Although Miami wins in four probably.(3) Indiana(6) OrlandoI'd be interested in this series. (4) Boston(5) AtlantaBlah. To be fair, any series against Atlanta is going to be "blah."(1) San Antonio(8) DenverHoping Phoenix gets Denver's spot.(2) OKC(7) DallasThis would be awesome.(3) LA Lakers(6) HoustonI'm going to be scared of whatever team the Lakers face.(4) LA Clippers(5) MemphisI think Memphis wins this. Does Tony Allen guard Chris Paul when they play?
That's pretty awesome. I like the Spurs more now.
Popovich on being asked what the keys to the game are:"Did you ask me that last night? Say whatever you want. It's transition D. It's making shots. Don't turn it over. It's all bullshit. Have more points than they do, that's the key. Just make it up and say I said it. I don't care."<----------------------------->
Popovich on being asked what the keys to the game are:"Did you ask me that last night? Say whatever you want. It's transition D. It's making shots. Don't turn it over. It's all bullshit. Have more points than they do, that's the key. Just make it up and say I said it. I don't care."<----------------------------->
There was another one...Reporter: Would it be fair to ask you if Tim is going on the road trip?Popovich: Yes, that's a fair question.Reporter: Is Tim going on the road trip?Popovich: It's none of your damn business.
so are the heat just coasting into the playoffs or what?
3Lc8Q.gifThe Celtics shot absurdly well on jumpers. That won't happen over the course of a series. But the Heat are definitely struggling more than they should be.
There was another one...Reporter: Would it be fair to ask you if Tim is going on the road trip?Popovich: Yes, that's a fair question.Reporter: Is Tim going on the road trip?Popovich: It's none of your damn business.
that is so sexual.
My goodness this is awesome.
2)I agree mostly about it being more about the Clippers success, I am just needling you Laker fans. I think it's undignified for you guys to hate Blake so intensely, and also if the Lakers were the 1 seed, I doubt the hate would be so intense.
Youtube comments:0:30 Dear Blake, that's not soccer.0:31 Griffin FLOPPIN....even when they just got a winning bucket....smhI'm glad to see that Griffin managed to squeeze one more flop in before the game could end.Blake Griffin's flopping again WTF.Blake Griffin's flopping is as automatic as Chris Paul's clutch playsBlake's highlights can't save him no more. His flopping is disgusting!!!dude Blake's flops are seriously getting out of handetc.Edit: This isn't meant as a defense of Lakers fans; just thought it was funny.

Battier should've fouled Boozer before he made the pass for the game-tying three. I thought the Lebron three-pointer was the dagger and people might even call it clutch, but then he had to go and miss a free throw that would've probably wrapped things up.Derrick Rose was pretty terrible.Can't wait for the playoffs to start.Flop City bonus:PaulFlop.gifIt's the flailing arms that really sell it.

Battier should've fouled Boozer before he made the pass for the game-tying three. I thought the Lebron three-pointer was the dagger and people might even call it clutch, but then he had to go and miss a free throw that would've probably wrapped things up.Derrick Rose was pretty terrible.Can't wait for the playoffs to start.
Man, I agree. I thought that three sealed the deal. I stopped watching about 60 seconds into OT.
Unless the Heat coaches said don't foul.
Yeah, Spoelstra told them not to foul. I don't really know what I believe in the foul/don't foul discussion when up 3 late. I wouldn't try to foul Korver coming open behind the 3 pt line because you might end up fouling him in the act of shooting. But Boozer was at the free throw line and obviously looking to pass. There's no risk there.