Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

there might be five or six guys in this next draft who would have gone number 1 last year over irving and a lot of talent will still be there in the late lottery.
Somebody give me some names so I know who to look out for.
Bold statement. Are you sure you don't want to build around Okafor and Jarrett Jack
Haha.

Metta World Peace responding to...well, it doesn't really matter what he was responding to."Well, I'm just happy that Jesus Christ did not let me lose my teeth when I was 20 years old. 'Cause I was wondering, like, what if you kept your baby teeth until the age of 18 or 20, and then you lose 'em? That would look pretty bad. So I just think he's really brilliant that you lose your teeth when you're a baby rather than you lose them when you're, like, 30 or 20. That has nothing to do with your question, but that was definitely on my mind.I was just thinking about it. And I was just like, wow, what if I lost my teeth, like, today? And I'm 32. You know? And then my new teeth would grow back in. You know? I was just thinking about that. And I was like, that's really pretty brilliant; he actually thought about like people's image and, you know, persona and things like that. 'Cause you would be pretty ugly with no teeth at the age of 20, 18, you know? So not only did he build the world in seven days, seven nights, he also said, OK, let them lose their teeth early, rather than late."

Bold statement. Are you sure you don't want to build around Okafor and Jarrett Jack
mcgee you give good sass.
Somebody give me some names so I know who to look out fo
Harrison Barnes, Anthony Davis, and Andre Drummond are a good Big three to start with.
davis or drummond will go 1. then barnes at 3. and dont forget about jared sullinger and perry jones III and brad beal.then you have the guys who will go from 6-13. lot of talent there too. austin rivers, thomas robinson, michael kidd gilchrist, quincy miller, james mcadoo, and on and on. it's a ridiculous draft.edit: and i forgot about jeremy lamb, dude has skyrocketed up the boards after the ncca tourney last year and his play this year.edit 2: here is a video of andre drummond. i'm taking him number 1. he doesnt know how to play yet, but this kind of size and speed is obviously rare.
and it doesn't seem like he had a pre-nup. Big pay day for her and the lawyers.
yeah the article i read said kobe is worth $360 million. assuming he was married after he signed his first professional contract, how could his agent have allowed him to get married with no pre-nup? if it was me i would have been there at the church objecting. he'd be thanking me now.

i wish i knew something about community property beyond the basic definition. but alas, i never got into that stuff or any family law issues. i might write kobe a letter though, letting him know i'm on his side and available to help on his case if he needs it.

i'm watching the nets/knicks preseason game on nba tv.
Me too. The light skinned guy for the Nets, Dennis Horner, hurt his arm in a game against us and cried, like actually cried when he went back to the bench. With sound effects and everything, aaaahhhhhhhh, tears, all of it.

that explains my intense dislike for him. i just hated him as soon as he came on the court.now josh harrelson on the other hand, now there's a guy i can learn to love. what skill and agility he shows on those dives to the rim. magical.

that explains my intense dislike for him. i just hated him as soon as he came on the court.now josh harrelson on the other hand, now there's a guy i can learn to love. what skill and agility he shows on those dives to the rim. magical.
I don't like that guy. Big man on the Knicks bench, Chris Hunter, abuses him in practice, I'm assuming. Guy just can't stay healthy.
I don't like that guy. Big man on the Knicks bench, Chris Hunter, abuses him in practice, I'm assuming. Guy just can't stay healthy.
yeah harrelson is pretty bad. right as i was posting that he drove to the rim out of control with the grace of a beached whale and somehow flipped it in over is head while facing the wrong way. it was pretty sweet. i'm gonna keep an eye out for this chris hunter character, see just what's going on with this guy.
i wish i knew something about community property beyond the basic definition. but alas, i never got into that stuff or any family law issues. i might write kobe a letter though, letting him know i'm on his side and available to help on his case if he needs it.
California. Doesn't matter. She gets half + marital support + child support
California. Doesn't matter. She gets half + marital support + child support
In a case like this, the judge might consider the half sufficient to cover the support issues. That's about as good as Kobe can hope for. Sucks but he'll still have almost $200 mill.
why do these guys get married? i'll never understand it, a bullshit ceremony aint worth this.
doesn't matter in california palimony will still own the shit out of you. I think if you're a hugely successful athlete, you should try to marry your social/economic equal (or superior) Tom Brady style. but Kobe was young and dumb and in love. I wonder if his parents are writing " i told you so" at the bottom of their xmas card to him.