Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

You might start to feel a little bad for him and then you read something like this.Lebron Signs His Texts "King James"
I can't believe im saying this, but im starting to feel a little bad for lebron..he played a pretty good game and from what ive heard hes still getting killed bc he missed the shots late.
They don't go hand in hand. He's arrogant; I get why people don't like him (though being surprised he is arrogant is hilarious). But, he played well and so did the Heat offense in Game 5. Wade was far, far worse against Chicago and people immediately wondered if he was hurt. With James he doesn't get one shred of benefit of the doubt ever. Heat lost that game because their perimeter D collapsed and Dallas scored 112. Yet, Lebron's offense was the problem when he had 17/10/10? Right.I feel very bad for him even though he brought the scrutiny on himself. He swung the Chicago series by himself and everyone is just giving him the craziest "What have you done for me lately" routine.
They don't go hand in hand. He's arrogant; I get why people don't like him (though being surprised he is arrogant is hilarious). But, he played well and so did the Heat offense in Game 5. Wade was far, far worse against Chicago and people immediately wondered if he was hurt. With James he doesn't get one shred of benefit of the doubt ever. Heat lost that game because their perimeter D collapsed and Dallas scored 112. Yet, Lebron's offense was the problem when he had 17/10/10? Right.I feel very bad for him even though he brought the scrutiny on himself. He swung the Chicago series by himself and everyone is just giving him the craziest "What have you done for me lately" routine.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A...ls_game5_061011
Yes, triple-double: 17 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. In the final five minutes, 59 seconds, James missed two of his three shots, had no assists, no rebounds and a turnover.
Yes, triple-double: 17 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. In the final five minutes, 59 seconds, James missed two of his three shots, had no assists, no rebounds and a turnover.
DAMN!He missed a 6 minute -Triple Nada by a turnover!!!Wait... Steal? Can I get confirmation?

I'm thinking the Dallas coaches might want to slap Stevenson upside the head and tell him to cut out the hot dogging after he makes his shots. When things are going as well as they are you don't want to give Miami any extra motivation.

and for Mark Cubanand Dan Gilbert
Lol at feeling anything other than contempt for that idiot Gilbert. But I am happy for Cuban and Dirk.My head says the Heat had a really entertaining and successful season. But my heart is depressed that we choked in game 2 and blew a winnable finals. Haven't been this upset by a loss since the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. Sigh. Scotchy scotch scotch.
Lol at feeling anything other than contempt for that idiot Gilbert. But I am happy for Cuban and Dirk.My head says the Heat had a really entertaining and successful season. But my heart is depressed that we choked in game 2 and blew a winnable finals. Haven't been this upset by a loss since the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. Sigh. Scotchy scotch scotch.
If it makes you feel better, skelli will be on the band wagon next year.
Lebron's such a dick.
Do you think Kobe is a dick?
Do you think Kobe is a dick?
Probably, but he doesn't think it's necessary to tell the people that don't like him that they have to go back to their sorry lives tomorrow while he has no problems and lives a wonderful life.
Probably, but he doesn't think it's necessary to tell the people that don't like him that they have to go back to their sorry lives tomorrow while he has no problems and lives a wonderful life.
:club: I would be so much more ungracious than Lebron about haters were I him. Barkley says basically the same thing all the time, I heard it most recently on the Lebatard show last week, and while he says it in a funnier way, it's the same message.
He pretended to play like this years MVP in the final five minutes.
nah he would have had to airball more shots.
I recognize the joke, but this is kind of why a lot of people preferred Rose to Lebron. Not because he missed a multitude of shots, but because he was willing to take them. It's not always the best basketball play to make the extra pass to an open player; sometimes you need to take it yourself when you're the best basketball player in the world. Sometimes you need to go get the basketball instead of waiting for it to get to you.
and Dan Gilbert
I looked through this post for invisible text. Dan Gilbert is sucking the joy out of this for me.
Lebron's such a dick.
I sort of agree with this and sort of agree with BigD's defense. I think it's an effective retort when somebody is heckling you, but I don't think you do it in a press conference as a blanket statement to everybody against you.
If it makes you feel better, skelli will be on the band wagon next year.
Not on the band wagon, just not actively rooting against them. Unless we get more of the Lebron "my life is better than yours" stuff.I've never been a big Jason Terry fan, but he backed up his talk. Saying "let's see if Lebron can guard me for the whole series" and then going out and doing what he did was impressive.I'm glad it was Dallas that beat the Heat instead of Boston.