Random Basketball Observations

if anyone sees the points that all the mvp candidates got somewhere could you post a link here?
Player-----1st-----2nd-----3rd-----4th-----5th-----Total PointsLeBron----116-----5--------2--------0-------0-----------1,205Durant------4------46------31-------29------5------------609Kobe--------0------43------44-------23------9------------599Howard-----3------27-------30-------29-----22-----------478Wade-------0-------1--------6--------19-----25-----------119Carmelo----0-------1--------3--------8------19------------65Dirk---------0-------0--------3--------7------19------------55Nash--------0--------0-------3--------6------16------------49Williams----0--------0-------1--------0-------2-------------7Amar'e-----0--------0--------0--------1------2--------------5Manu--------0-------0---------0-------1-------0-------------3Bosh---------0-------0--------0-------0--------1------------1Joe Johnson-0-------0--------0-------0--------1------------1Stephen Jackson----0--------0-------0--------1------------1Billups--------0-------0--------0-------0--------1------------1
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Player-----1st-----2nd-----3rd-----4th-----5th-----Total PointsLeBron----116-----5--------2--------0-------0-----------1,205Durant------4------46------31-------29------5------------609Kobe--------0------43------44-------23------9------------599Howard-----3------27-------30-------29-----22-----------478Wade-------0-------1--------6--------19-----25-----------119Carmelo----0-------1--------3--------8------19------------65Dirk---------0-------0--------3--------7------19------------55Nash--------0--------0-------3--------6------16------------49Williams----0--------0-------1--------0-------2-------------7Amar'e-----0--------0--------0--------1------2--------------5Manu--------0-------0---------0-------1-------0-------------3Bosh---------0-------0--------0-------0--------1------------1Joe Johnson-0-------0--------0-------0--------1------------1Stephen Jackson----0--------0-------0--------1------------1Billups--------0-------0--------0-------0--------1------------1
ty
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...tory?id=5160221I'm not trying to stir anything up or anything but should the commissioner be allowed to talk about a player like that? Unless I don't understand the rule, owners can't say "he should come over to our team". He "works" for all the owners, right? Obviously his point is a good one and it'd be much worse if he said something dumb like "he should go to NY" but it seems kinda weird for him to say something like that.

i heard him on the radio talking about how they made the rule that the existing team could pay more - he wants all stars to always stay put i think is his thinking - well unless boston or LA are having down years

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...tory?id=5160221I'm not trying to stir anything up or anything but should the commissioner be allowed to talk about a player like that? Unless I don't understand the rule, owners can't say "he should come over to our team". He "works" for all the owners, right? Obviously his point is a good one and it'd be much worse if he said something dumb like "he should go to NY" but it seems kinda weird for him to say something like that.
It's leagure policy that they want free agents to stay with their current teams and they don't hide that fact so this shouldn't be surprising. All the free agency rules favor the current team from Bird Rights to the maximum years and increase in free agent contracts.

Great promise for the Bucks next yr. I think Cavs win in 7 vs LA this yrCavs win in 6 vs MagicLA win in 6 vs Suns

• 3 weeks later...
So who wants to pay Amare a max contract with that great work ethic and hoops IQ that he shows in every game ?http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/05/20/amare-st...d-roll-defense/
Hey at least he pounds the boards...Oh wait....I loved what barkley said after the game on wed"what do you call a power forward who gets six rebounds? A small forward."
I loved what barkley said after the game on wed"what do you call a power forward who gets six rebounds? A small forward."
What do you call a power forward that gets 3 rebounds in a game?
A small forward.
Although I think Poppy got it from Barkley after the first game.
Although I think Poppy got it from Barkley after the first game.
I heard him use it earlier this year. The first time I had no idea what the punchline was going to be, and it was fantastic. When I heard it after Game 2 it didn't have the same impact.

If you havent seen the HBO doc about Magic and Bird, find a way. Its a great 1.5hrs for any basketball fan. Just finished watching it, (only came to Canada last night), and it was awesome. Just epic, especially if you watched any basketball in the 80's. Favourite line, by Bryant Gumbel "People say all the time that Jordan saved the NBA. Bullshit. Just bullshit. It was Magic and Bird, without a doubt".

He dedicated his 42 and 11 in Game 3 to you, Bob.
I didn't see the game because I was watching Lost but it's games like that which will make you crazy since he's capable of so much more than he provides since he's either lazy or stupid.
I didn't see the game because I was watching Lost but it's games like that which will make you crazy since he's capable of so much more than he provides since he's either lazy or stupid.
I really don't think he's lazy, just the opposite actually. However, I think stupid is a good choice based on this http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/83935
Favourite line, by Bryant Gumbel "People say all the time that Jordan saved the NBA. Bullshit. Just bullshit. It was Magic and Bird, without a doubt".
Wait, who says that? It's always Magic and Bird. Magic and Bird saved the NBA, Jordan took it to another level.
  • 1 month later...
NCAA Tournament moving to 68 teams.The last four at-large teams play each other and the last four automatic qualifiers play each other and then the four winners make the "big" tournament.I think it sucks that automatic qualifiers still have to play their way in, but I like the idea of the bubble teams facing off. It's going to make a mess of the brackets though. You'll have to wait until Wednesday to fill them out. The at-large teams will be playing for an 11 or 12 seed, whichever the committee deems appropriate at the time. You could actually have one game be for an 11 seed while the other game for a 12. (The automatics will be 16 seeds.)I think I would've preferred they just blow it out to 96 teams.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5383261"Although I was the highest bidder, Chris Cohan decided to sell to someone else," he said. "In my experience this is a bit unusual. Nonetheless, I wish the Warriors and their fans nothing but success under their new ownership."Chris Cohan still proving he's an idiot. I was hoping for Ellison as owner because "Ellison has a personal fortune of $28 billion, according to an annual survey by Forbes magazine, and is the sixth-richest man in the world." Seems like someone you'd want to own your team. Maybe better for a MLB team but still.

Selling price: $450 million. "Cohan bought the Warriors in January 1995 for about $119 million."This + all the huge contracts being thrown about this off-season = players aren't going to give in to the owners easily in the lockout.

Selling price: $450 million. "Cohan bought the Warriors in January 1995 for about $119 million."This + all the huge contracts being thrown about this off-season = players aren't going to give in to the owners easily in the lockout.
I mean, David Stern is basically completely full of crap in most of his arguments. I think you might actually see public opinion on the side of the players which would be awesome.