Random Basketball Observations

I notice that the Mavs have been going out of their way to move pieces around to make sure they have all the good white players. I remember the Thrashers went out of their way to draft all the black players back in the day, which felt simultaneously less problematic and more incompetently executed.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

As I understand it, it's a bigger gamble than it looks like. if KP signs the qualifying offer this summer ( which he has told the Mavs that he intends to), then he will be an unrestricted free agent after next season, and actually, every other team will be able to sign him at larger number than the Mavs will. So the mavs either have to convince him to sign a 5 year max this summer ( which is risky on a player coming back from a major injury) or they have to hope he underperforms and is slow to come back from an injury next season, and they sign him to a Curry-esque value, otherwise it's just a 1 year rental. It's riskier than it looks.

As I understand it, it's a bigger gamble than it looks like. if KP signs the qualifying offer this summer ( which he has told the Mavs that he intends to), then he will be an unrestricted free agent after next season, and actually, every other team will be able to sign him at larger number than the Mavs will. So the mavs either have to convince him to sign a 5 year max this summer ( which is risky on a player coming back from a major injury) or they have to hope he underperforms and is slow to come back from an injury next season, and they sign him to a Curry-esque value, otherwise it's just a 1 year rental. It's riskier than it looks.

the Mavs will still have his Bird rights

Unless he hates money like seriously hates money there is no way he doesn't sign a max extension coming off his injury. That is just way too much money to risk.

I think the bigger risk is just his health. I know an ACL tear isn't as big of a deal as it used to be, but he's huge and gets hurt a lot. I'm not worried about a white guy, added to the white team, with all the other white players, not wanting to stick around. You don't see SA trying to leave MO and to work for the ACLU in South Florida or something. The only competition would be Boston, if Kyrie leaves and opens up cap space. The only problem with the Mavs in terms of retaining him is that Dallas whites are so racist that they can't watch the NBA at all, whereas Boston whites were immersed in so much white greatness from whites of yesteryear that the city still pays attention to them, lusting after every white they see on other teams.

Super proud of the player Monte Morris is becoming. +21 tonight.

Last two games, the first two starts of his career:

38 points, 15 assists, 1 TO

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How excited are you right now, Bob?

pretty freaking excited.

It's tempered a bit by the loss of my Brother a few weeks ago. The Raptors were probably the thing we talked about the most.

all time starting five

steph curry

michael jordan

kobe bryant

kevin durant

tim duncan

Replace Kobe with Lebron. Heck Kobe isn't even a top 5 Laker of all time.

Replace Durant with Bird

Replace Duncan with any of the 5 or 6 centers who were better than him.

As much as I love Steph. I think if you're going with MJ and then a scoring SF (Kobe, KD, or Kawhi), then you're almost better taking a pass first point guard. Stockton, Kidd or Nash would compliment them really nice, and they can still score when needed.

mcgee, the ultimate troll. i know mcgee thinks kobe is just as good as jordan. i remember his posts from 2009.

I'm not sure what posts about world famous stunt man Scott Roland, with whom I assume are his two lovely daughters, at what appears to be a Renaissance Faire, have to do with Kobe.

Anyway, the best Laker starting 5 would beat your team..

Magic

West

Baylor

LeBron

Kareem

Stockton

West

Bird

Dirk

Walton

McHale off the bench for some offensive spark

I see what you did there.