Random Basketball Observations

I was at the gym at the end of the UK-Wichita game, and With Wichita missed the final shot, a gym full of middle aged/old white men groaned in despair. Gosh, they just had to be Wichita alumni, right? I mean, normally when an 8 beats a one, all neutral fans root for the underdog. So, these old boys had to have a rooting interest. Alumni, it has to be it, nothing else makes sense.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Rooting for the Gators, but I don't have the highest of hopes.

Today's NBA bets

Portland +6 1/2 vs Miami

Detroit - 1 1/2 vs Utah & Under 203

Milwaukee +17 vs Clippers & Under 214

I sure picked a winning bandwagon to hop on. But, there's few narratives I like more, than the super talented (black) freshmen recruiting class, being super over hyped and then not living up to the hype during the year, and then putting it all to gether in the tournament, to dominate, talent winning out over untalented (often white) seniors who "do it the right way" because they can't make the NBA.

I sure picked a winning bandwagon to hop on. But, there's few narratives I like more, than the super talented (black) freshmen recruiting class, being super over hyped and then not living up to the hype during the year, and then putting it all to gether in the tournament, to dominate, talent winning out over untalented (often white) seniors who "do it the right way" because they can't make the NBA.

1.6:1. I'm going to make that an expression, like Antonio did with 1.4.

I don't mind the narrative, but not with Kentucky. The fan base is way too dochey for me. Also, I think 'putting it all together' might be an overstatement considering they've only won their three tournament games by a combined 10 points or so.

It really pisses me off when things fall a certain way and then the narrative is how great a team is. I'm speaking from a media standpoint here. Uk almost lost both of the last two games. If one thing would have happened differently on one play coming down the stretch, then we are talking about how badly they underachieved; but instead we are talking about how amazing they are. I'm not a fan of that kind of journalism.

I would say they are putting it all together. They beat a 1 seed and a team that Vegas said was the second best team in the tournament. Saying that they didn't win by a big enough margin against two of the best teams in the tournament, seems like hater talk to me. I must be on the right bandwagon.

Eyeroll.

Did you watch the games? They could have both gone either way at any point up until the last few seconds. Results oriented narratives created by the media are stupid. You can back any team for any reason and I dont care.

While you're cheering for UK, might as well also make a play for Ashley Judd. Give yourself a challenge.

Eyeroll.

Did you watch the games? They could have both gone either way at any point up until the last few seconds. Results oriented narratives created by the media are stupid. You can back any team for any reason and I dont care.

While you're cheering for UK, might as well also make a play for Ashley Judd. Give yourself a challenge.

Yes, I watched the games, and so what if they could have gone either way? They are an 8 seed that beat two of the best 6 teams in the tournament. If they win tomorrow, they will have emerged from the toughest region, and one of the toughest in recent memory. This isn't a results oriented narrative, they beat two excellent team, it doesn't matter by how much. I'm not saying they are a power house, but they are playing at a much higher level than they have all season and it's exciting to watch that.

I think once your grapes unsour from Iowa state's loss, you might view this with a little more objectivity.

I'm ok with the Iowa State loss. I didn't expect them to beat UNC without Niang and coupled with a terrible shooting night from Ejim and Kane, I'm actually shocked we only lost by 5, but especially that we had cut it to 4 with 2:30 left.

I don't mind the narrative, but not with Kentucky. The fan base is way too dochey for me. Also, I think 'putting it all together' might be an overstatement considering they've only won their three tournament games by a combined 10 points or so.

It really pisses me off when things fall a certain way and then the narrative is how great a team is. I'm speaking from a media standpoint here. Uk almost lost both of the last two games. If one thing would have happened differently on one play coming down the stretch, then we are talking about how badly they underachieved; but instead we are talking about how amazing they are. I'm not a fan of that kind of journalism.

This is the post I'd have made, had I laid the 1.8. My condolences.

• Like 1