Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

So in one of my fantasy basketball leagues, I have the eighth pick. This kinda sucks because I'd gladly take any of the top seven players: Lebron, Durant, harden, CP3, curry, k love, and kyrie.

If I assume that some order of those guys are the first seven picks, that leaves me with Paul George and Carmelo as te next two guys up. I had decided on Paul George in the first and then snap calling Anthony Davis at pick 13. But watching the Derrick rose highlights has me considering taking d rose at 8. I'm just nervous about it. I feel like Paul George is so solid and good he should win out over coming back from injury d rose. But the thought of passim up Derrick and watching him get 23 8 and 4 really scares me.

Def getting Anthony Davis at 13 though. No doubt. Love the unibrow.

D Rose for sure.

Note: I know nothing about fantasy basketball.

D rose is ranked 14, so theoretically I could get him at 13, but I feel like if I pass on him at 8 then he gets taken 9-12 and I miss out.

I've mapped it out pretty well and based on where guys are usually drafted in relation to their yahoo player rankings, I think I can go like this, if lucky in the first 6 rounds.

George/Rose

A Davis

D Howard

Blake griffin

Jeff Teague

Jrue Holliday

I'd cream myself. I'd just die of orgasmic pleasure if it happens. It's possible. I might have to move gotan dragic or George hill in for jrue, but the others I think are a lock. Dwight's negative perception should work perfectly for me here.

Kevin Arnovitz ‏@kevinarnovitz 1h

'08 NBA GM Survey. Best rookie in 5 yrs: Oden (31%), Rose (23%), Beasley (23%), A Randolph (7%), Westbrook (7%). Others: Bayless, Mayo.

Kevin Arnovitz ‏@kevinarnovitz 1h

'08 NBA GM Survey. Best rookie in 5 yrs: Oden (31%), Rose (23%), Beasley (23%), A Randolph (7%), Westbrook (7%). Others: Bayless, Mayo.

How on Earth did Durant get no votes? At 19 he averaged 20 points a game as the #2 pick in the draft. He wasn't super efficient, but he was a 19 year old kid playing for a horrible team asked to carry the scoring load, and he was incredibly projectable. He shot 40% from three in college, and he's a legit 6'9". That's just... what the hell, NBA GMs?

How on Earth did Durant get no votes? At 19 he averaged 20 points a game as the #2 pick in the draft. He wasn't super efficient, but he was a 19 year old kid playing for a horrible team asked to carry the scoring load, and he was incredibly projectable. He shot 40% from three in college, and he's a legit 6'9". That's just... what the hell, NBA GMs?

Because he wasn't a rookie that year

Welcome back Greg Oden.

Imagine how important he might be if he can be healthy and even 80% of his potential.

He's still only 25 and he actually looks younger to me than he did a few years ago

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk 6h

That weird feeling where you want Greg Oden to be healthy but you don't want Miami to have a healthy Greg Oden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix64QPX7xY8

Because he wasn't a rookie that year

God dammit.

I even read the BigD post explaining that shit, and I was still like HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURF DURGF

• Like 2

And here I thought JJJ couldn't possibly like netw3rk more than he already does.

I had no idea that he wrote articles for Grantland. I guess I was wrong again. You can like him more than I thought; a LOT more.