Random Basketball Observations

These two tweets showed up right after each other for me:

@netw3rk

"Andrei, 3.1 million, you sign with Nets." "Mr. Prokhorov, it's not enough." "I'll put your children on the line so they can convince you."

@basquiatball

Asked about his new contract Kirilenko responded, "Just glad family okay"

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

it does seem a bit fishy

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 1h

Kirilenko's total cost to the Nets this season, including luxury tax, will be approximately $15M. Prokhorov going all in.

and that doesn't include the gold coins

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 31m

Lakers make it official and announce they've released Metta World Peace via amnesty clause. This season's amnesty deadline is July 16

He could've stayed with Minnesota for $11m next year, but he opted out.

yah, pretty hard to believe that something under the table isn't going on and we'll never find out

Kobe is a tolerable d-bag. I can't imagine thinking of him as "lovable". You can't love a black mamba.

For a million bucks? What's the worst that could happen?

I hope he shoots a bunch of 3's.

With Metta and J.R. there things will at the very least be interesting

Guys! Guys! Breaking news! The Lakers would be interested in Lebron next year! Sources say!

I really hope the Lakers have a back-up plan. I feel like they should be targeting the up and coming superstars (like Kyrie, for example) rather than guys like Lebron and Melo. I mean, sure, it would be great to throw a lineup of Nash/Kobe/Melo/Lebron/Pau out there, but let's look at other possibilities too.

The problem with aiming for Lebron is:

If the Heat win again, there is zero chance he leaves. If he doesn't go for the four-peat, he will be crucified for it. I had always figured he was more likely to opt out and leave than not.....but now Id guess its 70/30 he stays

The Lakers backup plan is giving 19 million to Rudy gay and having Nick Young and Rudy Gay on the wing

Please please please please please make this happen

• Like 1

Enjoy DJ Augustin, Bob.

I'm hoping he ends up as the starter. Losses are the new wins this season.

Wiggins said in an interview today that if he had the choice he would play at home for the Raptors

Wiggins to the Raptors would be amazing, I think. A great Toronto team would be so good for the NBA, there really hasn't been any buzz for that team since, I dunno, Vinsanity?

06/07 they led a very weak Atlantic Division in the regular season but yah not a lot of league wide buzz since the Vinsanity days.

The average attendance is still over 18,000 and the team is in the top 10 in the league in revenue even with the bad teams. I was at a game in January for example against Portland on a Wed night and there was over 18,000 at the game and Toronto crowds are great.

Basketball is booming in Canada at the grass roots level. More kids are playing basketball now in Canada than hockey since it's so much less expensive to play plus changing demographics in the big cities.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ta-players.html

It isn't a fluke that so many top NBA picks are coming from the Toronto area now. Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett and Wiggins all from the Toronto area plus other NBA players and future NBA players in the pipeline. You should expect that Canada will be a threat in the future to be the main challenger to the US at the Olympics.

Which is kindof like saying Haiti is the main challenger to the US in nuclear warfare... amirite BigD!

Don't Hispanics, by definition, live on the island of Hispaniola. I guess I'm not sure. Maybe they are black.