Random Basketball Observations

I'm officially super excited for the Rockets season. I might even get league pass so I can watch all their games.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Great move for Houston. Good long term value for okc but the timing is baffling.

This article seems to explain the timing. I guess OKC has a policy of trading people before they become free agents even restricted ones.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8563645/oklahoma-city-thunder-stay-true-their-philosophy-trading-james-harden

This article seems to explain the timing. I guess OKC has a policy of trading people before they become free agents even restricted ones.

http://espn.go.com/n...ng-james-harden

It explains their thinking, but it doesn't justify a bad decision.

Maybe they don't like letting someone go to restricted free agency, but his value wasn't dropping (there's a dearth of good young SGs) and any chance they had at winning the title this year is gone. Waiting until next summer is an infinitely better move. Actually, just giving him the extra 6 million is the best move, but if you are going to trade him, why now?

It explains their thinking, but it doesn't justify a bad decision.

Maybe they don't like letting someone go to restricted free agency, but his value wasn't dropping (there's a dearth of good young SGs) and any chance they had at winning the title this year is gone. Waiting until next summer is an infinitely better move. Actually, just giving him the extra 6 million is the best move, but if you are going to trade him, why now?

Probably some locker room dynamics. There are reports that he was a bit pissed about his playing time in Game 1 of the Finals which is a game that they won. I guess they felt they didn't want a potentially pissed off Harden on the team.

I think we are going to see this play out a lot more often with the new CBA. The luxury tax carries a real bite and only a couple teams are going to be able or willing to pay it.

Okc made 30-35 million dollars last year. Not a good excuse.

That's meaningless for what the team will face in the future with the new level of luxury tax.

That's meaningless for what the team will face in the future with the new level of luxury tax.

So amnesty Perkins. If things get really hairy down the line tax wise, you can always trade someone then.

Breaking up a young core like theirs is madness unless you have no choice. They had choices.

stuck in class right now so missing the season opener. not happy.

also taping a KU exhibition game thats on at 7. i'll watch that after the lakers game later probably. in case you were wondering what i was doing right now and later in re. basketball.

So amnesty Perkins. If things get really hairy down the line tax wise, you can always trade someone then.

Breaking up a young core like theirs is madness unless you have no choice. They had choices.

With Howard in the west, I'm guessing they feel they need Perkins to combat him.

Those taxes are going to be super punitive.

stuck in class right now so missing the season opener. not happy.

also taping a KU exhibition game thats on at 7. i'll watch that after the lakers game later probably. in case you were wondering what i was doing right now and later in re. basketball.

Jesus Shuttlesworth just drained his first shot as a member of the Heat in his first attempt. Corner 3

Taping exhibition college bball. You know I don't judge, but seriously. Thats a sentence that a crazy person, an asexual slug, a superfan doucher types out. I seriously want more from life for you. You got potential kid, you could be someone. Right now, you're on the redeye to Nowheresville.

Taping exhibition college bball. You know I don't judge, but seriously. Thats a sentence that a crazy person, an asexual slug, a superfan doucher types out. I seriously want more from life for you. You got potential kid, you could be someone. Right now, you're on the redeye to Nowheresville.

you're exactly right about me. but if i wasn't watching every second of KU's season, i'd be watching something else. its not like i do this INSTEAD of talking to girls or going out. i'm not doing either of those things anyways, so at least i love KU basketball this much. gives me something to look forward to and something to care about. pretty sad maybe but as celine said, thats the way it is.

Like a good lawyer, you made your case and won me over. Fair enough.

Can we at least go to mediation and maybe compromise? Go to a bar, watch a few games, but not like a stalker crazy person, but maybe someone who flirts with a cute waitress, maybe chats up a female?

i don't want to lie to you, ronny, because i respect the hell out of you - so no, thats just not going to happen anytime soon in general and probably never with regard to sports. i just prefer to watch my teams alone. perhaps because i've been doing so for 8 years now, i don't know.

The Nuggets will probably end up being quite good. Bobcats beat the Pacers too, things happen.

Redick isn't starting because Afflalo is better.

just saw the video of brandon rush's knee injury. it was pretty ugly. hate to see that happen to a former jayhawk.

Not surprising

Marc J. Spears@SpearsNBAYahoo

Warriors swingman Brandon Rush out for rest of season with left knee ACL tear suffered last night versus Memphis.