Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

News flash John Salley is an idiothttp://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2378529Kevin McHale was actually better than Jordan Isaiah too who knew?
He didn't say that. He said that McHale was the toughest guy he had to guard, and I have no question that's true. He had more offensive post moves than any player ever, and Sailey would have actually, you know, guarded McHale and not Jordan.
He didn't say that. He said that McHale was the toughest guy he had to guard, and I have no question that's true. He had more offensive post moves than any player ever, and Sailey would have actually, you know, guarded McHale and not Jordan.
well i suppose that is what he said but he said he played with both Isaiah and Jordan and that Isaiah was better which is insane - he wants to argue that because his pistons teams beat the hell out of Jordan physically that Jordan isn't all that (and they played him super dirty as well as Pippen) - Jordan bulked up Pippen and Grant matured and they swept the bad boys who in their infinite class and wisdom walked off the court before the final game was overThey were bullies the guys they bullied got tougher and eclipsed them and he still can't handle it - plus despite all the Jordan Rules stuff - Jordan still put up a lot of amazing battles with them with little help from his team (until later) and they constantly knocked him down and played as dirty as possible and salley's only response is that Jordan had big hands and it helped him play defense because the rules were different thenThe same rules that didn't stop Dennis Rodman from nearly decapitating scottie pippenKevin McHale sure he was hard to guard but he talking about whether Jordan was the greatest player ever - what sense does it make to say he wasn't hard for me to guard when he never guarded him - Joe Dumars did and if he got past dumars Rodman, Lambier or Mahorn would knock him to the groundMy team the cavaliers might have won a title had not Mahorn completely gone over the line and nearly ended Mark Prices career and ruined that season for his teamRick Mahorn -- Nearly decapitated Mark Price with a hard elbow to the head during a game on Feb. 28, 1989. Mahorn was fined $5,000 for the hit, but not suspended, while Price suffered a severe concussion -- one of many injuries that factored into the Cavs' surrender of the five-game conference lead they built that nightIsaiah was a jerk and totally deserved to be left off that Olympic team even though I have some sympathy for his missing the 80 olympics due to the boycottIsaiah led a movement to freeze Jordan out of his first all star game - he reaped what he sowedSalley acts like the first dream team Jordan was just another guy "Drexler" lol - every time Jordan faced Drexler he emasculated him and made him look foolish - the organization of that dream team was all about getting Jordan on board because by that time he was the greatest athlete in the worldMeanwhile Salley still tries to fly the flag for his thugs and their two titles - sure Isaiah scored 40 on a bad ankle - they were a great team - they were also an embarrassment to the sport and Isaiah was their ringleader

I feel confident based on the historical precedent of Cleveland that the Price/Daugherty Cavs would not have won a title even without that injury.

Well Cleveland is cursed but...February 28, 1989: Rick Mahorn vs Mark PriceThe Cavaliers were arguably playing the best basketball in the franchise’s history in the winter of 1989, and a 115-99 drubbing of the Bad Boy Pistons at the Coliseum seemed to confirm this. Paced by Ron Harper’s 26 points, Cleveland moved 5 games up on Detroit in the division, improving to 42-12 on the year. All anybody could talk about after the game, however, was the brutal, blindside elbow that Detroit’s Rick Mahorn had unleashed on the Cavs’ choirboy point guard Mark Price. Mahorn was fined $5,000 and a concussed Price returned to action just a week later. But the incident became a symbol of Cleveland’s physical inferiority to the merciless Pistons, as the Cavs eventually fell in the first round of the playoffs, while Detroit took home the NBA title.Post Price Beheading they went 15-13 and lost to a Bulls team that they had been 4-0 against in the regular season - the pistons wound up gaining 11 games on them after the incident in those last 28 gamesDuring the 1988–89 season, Price became the second player, after Larry Bird, to join the NBA's 50-40-90 Club for those who shot at least 40% from three-point range, at least 50% from the field and at least 90% from the free throw line in a single season, and is still one of only five players to have ever done this while also achieving the NBA league minimum number of makes in each category.He was never the same that season after the Mahorn hit - either way they were a really good team and had they not idiotically traded Ron Harper (because their blind owner erronously believed he was a drug user) and had he not blown out his knee playing for the clippers (and kicking ass before it happened) they would have won a title

exactly .... but if they don't panic trade harper - and he doesn't have his knee blown out via being a clipper - they would have won a title - but yeah that's clevelanddamn we have no two guard to cover jordan and make him work on defense - well why did you trade Ron Harper? The FBI said he was on drugs - the FBI was wrong - oops

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa...

John Schuhmann@johnschuhmann

Congrats to @SebastianPruiti, who's been hired by the Thunder as a video analyst.

Poppy, you're next!

Edit: Haha, netw3rk had the same reaction as me.

netw3rk@netw3rk

Whoa. RT @erikmal: Wowzers. RT @johnschuhmann: Congrats to @SebastianPruiti, who's been hired by the Thunder as a video analyst.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Delonte West@CharleeRedz13

I'm gonna just pray for um!!!...perception is not reality!!!..real is real...in any language,culture...and what's wrong is what's wrong!!

All my family friends fans...who been right der wit me this uphill battle over the last 4years to get to this point....already know

That my name showin up in any fashion in a negative light is the worst thing that can happen.everything Ived worked towards out d window

Just ask u to talk with me....I'm a grown man...that's not above logic and reason...Before u go to the papers wit false information

If I'm not what u lookin 4 ....That's fine...just dont kick me in my ass on the way out the door....I didn't do anything to deserve that...

I love the city of Dallas..I love playin in the NBA...no I'm not off my meds...no I ain't on no bipolar trip...this real people lives..

And it just ain't right..imma leave it at that..no ill will towards no one...I'm just sittin here across from the arena wit tear in my eyes

thunder just traded J Harden to the Rockets for K Mart and picks. wowzer.

Great trade for Houston.

There had to be some hurt feelings involved in all of this since they weren't that far apart on the money.

Malik Allen@THEleekAllen30

Lol man. OKC might have got the worse defensive player in the league. Not to mention at that spot! My goodness.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--inside-look-at-james-harden-s-trade-to-rockets-28301609.html