Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

PoppyJordanRobinsonPippenMagicMaloneDJ VuLebronKobePaulBarkleyI really want Bird, but he was kind of hurting at that time, right? Do I get him healthy?If healthy Bird:BirdEwingIf hurt Bird:EwingDurant

PoppyJordanRobinsonPippenMagicMaloneStocktonMeloDJ VuLebronKobePaulBarkleyEwingDurantWestbrookLoveIf I had taken Pippen instead of Kobe, would Kobe still have been available to me the next round? Because I really wanted Pippen. I would've played Lebron at the 4, Pip at the 3, Kobe at the 2, Westbrook at the 1 and then full court press.

I'll finish with Deron Williams.If you go Lebron Pippen, I would have went Kobe, Robinson. That would have been a pretty nasty defensive team, but you think you're going to be able to press Paul/Stockton, Jordan effectively?I would say that Barkley is right, only 3 or 4 guys make that team. Kobe, Lebron, Paul, and I would rather have Carmelo than Drexler. Did you see what Kobe actually said? It was pretty benign compared to what the media has made it. He said "sure we could beat them, but it would be tough, and they would say they would beat us." What's he supposed to say?

Well, I have Paul, so it would be pressing Magic and Stockton. But I was really talking about taking that team to the Olympics.PoppyJordanRobinsonPippenMagicMaloneStocktonMeloWilliamsDJ VuLebronKobePaulBarkleyEwingDurantWestbrookLoveStarting 5's?Magic vs PaulJordan vs KobePippen vs LebronMalone vs BarkleyRobinson vs EwingCan we just get a two-on-two game of MJ/Pip vs Kobe/Lebron?

I feel like I just got pushed out of a moving vehicle.

Here's my take on our teams...You have Ewing who is going to play the first 5 mins of each half and never see the floor again, bc game's too fast and athletic.I had to make sure I got Robinson, he's the only 5 that is a threat offensively who can also handle P/R and run up and down.I was waiting for you to take Paul/Stockton to fall into my trap, I was good with either, but I knew once you took one you were not going to take the other so I could get Magic and then one of them. Same thing with Barkley/Malone, I wait while you use a pick to get one of them.I'm going to have a mismatch at all times, you have old Kobe on Jordan, and you're probably going to have go with Lebron on Magic? Who's guarding Pippen? If you want to make Lebron switch back, then I'll just throw Magic in the post against Paul, then you gotta double with Lebron coming and Pippen and Jordan cutting...Yikes!

Well, like I said, I wasn't picking my team to specifically go against your team.But...when you've got Magic in the game instead of Stockton, I can go big and put old Kobe on him, Lebron on Jordan, Durant on Pippen. If I was going only against your team, I definitely take Chandler instead of Love with my last pick. And probably even Iggy instead of Westbrook.

Yeah, every matchup problem Magic presents is 100% offset by the fact that he couldn't guard an average D-leaguer by 1992.If we are really talking a hypothetical 1992 v 2012 matchup than Magic and Bird shouldn't really see the floor.

And if I do leave Paul in there against Magic, lol at Magic keeping Paul from going wherever he wants.
If you want to iso Chris Paul on Magic with that roster, I'm winning already.Whoever said something about Magic in '92....Remember he went to the Finals with Sam Perkins as his 2nd best player the year before. He wasn't exactly done.