Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

So, a friend of mine was in from out of town last week, and he's not a basketball fan at all. He said he hasn't watched a basketball game in at least ten years. Never had seen Lebron play, and he asked me why Lebron was considered so good. And as I was explaining it to him, it's like I was talking about an alien or something. "Okay first off, he's the 6'9, 280 without an ounce of fat, and one of the fastest, most explosive players in the league, can jump ridiculously high. He's an unstoppable physical force unlike the leagues ever seen. But he plays like one of the best guards, he can slash to the basket. He's also one of the best passers in the league, and is by inclination unselfish and gets players involved. But, because of his size and strength, he can also play post positions with his back to the basket. He's almost impossible to effectively defend 1 on 1 because he's either too big, too strong or too fast for what ever defender is covering him. This playoffs, he literally played all 5 positions. On top of that, he's one of the best defenders in the league, he can defend all 5 positions at an incredible level. Most big guys can't guard small fast guys because they are too quick. But because he's so quick, often quicker than the small guy, he obliterates them on defense because of his size. And he's effective against all but the biggest/tallest post players. " When I got done explaining it to him, It was like I was explaining some video game player that i created in NBA Jam or something. My friend got a little glossy eyed as I was trying to explain it, so I showed him some youtube clips, which don't really do him justice, because they only really show his dunks and impressive physical dominance plays, which are a fraction of his value. It was really weird explaining Lebron to him, because as great as he is, you some times take it for granted., but when I put it out all like that, I was thinking to myself "jesus christ, he really is the best player ever"

You forgot that he's a choker!Wait, do we still say that? I wouldn't say he can guard all five positions incredibly well. An effective post player can score on him. But, he's big enough that you can put him on a non-scoring big guy and he won't get eaten up on the glass. And yes, that's a super minor quibble for your small forward, especially since there aren't any other small forwards who could even do that. Also, that international basketball looks gross.

lebron being the best ever won't be for sure until we see what he can do when his explosion is gone. MJ and KOBE adapted. if Lebron continues his post game evolution then he'll get there.

• Like 1
lebron being the best ever won't be for sure until we see what he can do when his explosion is gone. MJ and KOBE adapted. if Lebron continues his post game evolution then he'll get there.
I don't think I have ever agreed with you more on a sports related post.

Marc J. Spears@SpearsNBAYahooNBA salary cap set for $58.044 million next season. Tax level is $70.3 million, and teams exceeding it pay $1 tax of every $1 over.Next year is when the extra heavy luxury tax kicks in.Also that cap is the same as last year.

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBABlake Griffin hurt his knee in a Team USA scrimmage Wednesday and is returning to LA to be examined by team doctors, sources tell Y! Sports.Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBABlake Griffin "twisted" the knee in a scrimmage, source says, and the severity is unclear. He's expected to get an MRI as soon as today.Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBAUSA Basketball has summoned Anthony Davis to report to Las Vegas for training camp immediately, sources tell Y! Sports.

I really enjoyed the game last night.I don't find the debate of this team vs Dream Team to be all that interesting, but if you did a draft of one team out of the two rosters, I wonder what it would look like.Here's the pool of players:MagicBirdJordanBarkleyRobinsonMaloneStocktonEwingMullinPippenDrexlerLaettnerLebronKobeDurantPaulMeloChandlerLoveIguodalaWestbrookWilliamsGriffinHarden

Also, I think my favorite part of the Kobe/Irving exchange was Kobe talking about if they were matched up in the regular season, Byron Scott would be yelling "double! double!"

Oh. Can we start over? I was talking about making one team out of all the guys. Because Jordan (or Barkley?) said that only three players from the current team would even make the Dream Team. I guess I suck at this.Edit: I would've taken Lebron and Kobe, but I figured taking Kobe that high with MJ already on the team wasn't the best way to go. But if we're just making one team, it probably doesn't matter what the order is.