Random Basketball Observations

Eh, maybe. He was in better position to put it back in that I thought. I was thinking he would have to catch, gather, and go back up.I know there aren't a lot of good options in guarding Lebron, but Harden should be pretty close to the last one. He is just abusing him in the post. I don't want this series to end in 5. It's been too good to end quickly.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Holy shit. I popped on ESPN for a minute between watching dvr'd shows and I immediately remembered why I fcking hate pre game bs and analysis, and even more, Skip Bayless. He proclaimed that Durant is unequivocally a better player than LBJ. Huh? What? His jumper is ten times better, absolutely. He's got a great drive to the hole. Sure. But he gets muscled, denied the ball and is an average defender at best. Rebounds good sometimes and disappears sometimes. So, I mean, Skip Bayless doesn't mean what he says, right? He knows his job is to agitate viewers, pander to the haters and stir shit?

I think Skip Bayless has become a caricature of himself. The people that bother me are the ones who are supposed to know better, like Wilbon or Magic. Of the "TV personalities" Chris Webber is the best thing going. He should be there instead of Magic or Jon Barry.

I'm not so sure about Willie Buns and Magic. These guys are old and have been talking in cliches for years. What Lebatard, Haberstroh and the like do is a new thing. The old guys still use the sniff test, their lying eyes and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, in a team sport like basketball, some things aren't quantifiable with numbers like they are in baseball. So guys just take the easy way out because "I don't know" can't be an answer on tv. They could pay me for that.

Did you just come up with Willie Buns? I'm definitely stealing that.But it's not the talking in cliches, it's stuff like Magic calling Russ' game two the worst game a PG has ever played in the Finals and then the next game by Russ is great when nothing changed except his shot was falling more. If there's anyone who should understand the point guard position, it's Magic, but he just seems to parrot what most people are saying.

Oh, I didn't realize he said something that egregious. Wilbon, when on DLHQ yesterday, said that Magic apologized the next time on air, I just didn't know for what. Mi'm telling you, I watch the game and NONE of the pre, half or post game stuffReali calls him that. Or has. Mind you, I've been dvr'ing PTI since day one. Pathetic, I know. Although I've watched less since DLHQ started. I still like it though and both girls I've lived with have liked PTI as well.

Skips been called out repeatedly for just saying inane things to stir things upDurant is a great player but he scored the same as Lebron can't pass rebound or play D (and Lebron gaurds every single position) like LebronBut of course if they all just agree then they can't fill up the whole show with supposedly interesting bickering

Skip is excellent at his job. He isn't there to make reasoned analysis. He's there to piss people off and incite emotion. I have absolutely no idea how much of what he says he actually believes, or to the extent he actually believes it, but he is absolutely an act. He was actually a really talented writing, a long time ago.Also, THANK ****ING GOD. I needed this game, the other 4 were too hard on my heart. And now, I'm jumping ship onto the OKC bandwagon, when I hear the hype against them start to build.

JVG is god. He's intelligent, he explains things about the game that I would never no, and he talks shit about things he doesn't like freely. He's great
I think he could help a lot of teams as a coach but I hope he never gets another job.It's nuts here (I live near the arena) though it's finally quieting down a bit.
http://www.grantland...-bryant-in-him"And so it begins. The media is so, so terrible.
Durant shot well over 50% in the Finals and played to a B+ level generally. He needs to get better at rebounding and such but he is 23! God, I was so hoping you would be wrong about a Thunder backlash; it's completely undeserved. Durant takes mostly good shots and is only like Kobe in the good sense. Ugh. Don't blame you for jumping on the OKC bandwagon.
JVG is god. He's intelligent, he explains things about the game that I would never no, and he talks shit about things he doesn't like freely. He's great
Yeah, I didn't know there were people who didn't like JVG.Ok, holy balls at that game. Just raining down 3's. Mike Miller, man. I said when the playoffs started that if Lebron can win a title and Finals MVP, this season has to be in the discussion of greatest ever. I was genuinely happy for him last night. Not anybody else on the Heat (maybe Spoelstra a little), but that's ok. What will be your lasting image of Lebron after it was clear they were going to win? Giddily jumping up and down on the sideline? Him and Wade together? For me, it was that hug of Durant. I thought that said a lot about him.

Oh, and one thing I learned from the last two games:Derek Fisher is stronger than Lebron.Game 4, Fish runs Lebron over. Game 5, Lebron at full speed, Fish standing there, Fish completely stops him.Seriously, that was impressive, right? (Super lame flagrant call too. And makes every Fish flop (heh, Fish flop) look even worse.)